Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371532 times)

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14895 on: June 17, 2015, 01:23:26 pm »

Crafted the tell-tale heart, the shadowbeast wasted no time in manifesting fully.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14896 on: June 17, 2015, 02:04:07 pm »

Don't start together

Is that where you both just stare at the menu until you get bored? Or is it the slightly more dynamic expansion where you just have to make sure that you don't try to begin the game simultaneously? :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: June 17, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »

Realised that the race can't be finished even with the speed of a velociraptor, so I changed to a baby trike and attempted to use charge. The game crashed.

Then I tried again and the game crashed.
And again.
And again.
Now the game just keeps crashing when I try to charge with any dino.
Tried with intel graphics card: Load corrupted. (No, not the save, the load!)

92.4% completion and it seems I won't even find out if there is a reward for 100% (unless someone posts online)

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: June 17, 2015, 03:34:42 pm »

Get a mission to deliver some rich kid to school. Bus explodes before I even gain control due to spawning under a city bus.

Get a mission to stop a crime spree. Exploded because everyone on the opposite side of the street decided to swerve into me.

Get a mission to stop a carjacking. Car moves two inches before exploding. Then a cement truck(touching is almost always instakill) fades into existence where I was.

Get a mission to transport a corpse to the dumps before the cops reach me. Shortly there, with no cops in sight(I'm not even on the road), the game decides "trololo, the cops got u", and knocks off a chunk of my rating and cash that I'm already hurting for.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: June 17, 2015, 03:50:09 pm »

Oh hey I should have been able to get new summons THIRTY LEVELS AGO?  Why did noone tell me?   So I just have to go fight the summons in a duel with just me and the cuddly little blue fuzzball carbuncle.  How hard could this be?

Then I proceeded to get my ass handed to me repeatedly by Titan, Ifrit, Garuda, Shiva, Leviathan and Ramuh pretty much without them even getting down to half hp, because it seems carbuncle is absolutely useless against his buddies.  If I can't do this in lv 50 gear, I don't see how I was ever supposed to do that at level 20.

Final Fantasy 11.  The Nintendo hard of MMOs it seems.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: June 17, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »

Got challenged to a duel by some asshat noble I've never heard of from some little domain no one cares about. He just rushes up at me during the awards ceremony for a tournament. He claims that "his family's blood is on my hands." Due to me not knowing anything about holding a sword, much less dueling, and because the option is there, I refuse his challenge.

...aaaaaand he rushes me and impales me on a rapier. First death, rip in pepperonis, Elodie the First.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:19:10 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: June 17, 2015, 06:16:32 pm »

Was scavenging a building, then suddenly a blue frog cultist(whatever that is) jumped me and hit me with a crowbar before I could do anything. I lured him so he lost his footing and bashed his brains in, but the wound he created at the start bled heavily and I died from blood loss.

And it was all going so great too. I had a sled full of loot and smoked meats. A backpack full of water and tools. Was wearing a fur coat and gloves I made myself and had a crowbar for more effective looting. Even had a bunch of medicine for emergencies and a pair of binoculars around my neck.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: June 17, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »

Realised that the race can't be finished even with the speed of a velociraptor, so I changed to a baby trike and attempted to use charge. The game crashed.

Then I tried again and the game crashed.
And again.
And again.
Now the game just keeps crashing when I try to charge with any dino.
Tried with intel graphics card: Load corrupted. (No, not the save, the load!)

92.4% completion and it seems I won't even find out if there is a reward for 100% (unless someone posts online)

Eeep. That's pretty nasty.

Those are probably the best licensed games I've ever played, but I wish they didn't have so many bugs. Oh well. :(

Anyway, not a regular death, but close enough:
I bought the One Mind and HOOOOOLY GRANDMAPOCALYPSE
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14903 on: June 17, 2015, 07:28:38 pm »

Was scavenging a building, then suddenly a blue frog cultist(whatever that is) jumped me and hit me with a crowbar before I could do anything. I lured him so he lost his footing and bashed his brains in, but the wound he created at the start bled heavily and I died from blood loss.

And it was all going so great too. I had a sled full of loot and smoked meats. A backpack full of water and tools. Was wearing a fur coat and gloves I made myself and had a crowbar for more effective looting. Even had a bunch of medicine for emergencies and a pair of binoculars around my neck.

Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:59 pm »

The original release of Myst will apparently not work in a VM, under any circumstances or combination of settings. :(

Myst. I really disliked this game when I first played it, but after spending so long trying to set the original up I feel like I have to play it now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:39 am »

Don't start together

Is that where you both just stare at the menu until you get bored? Or is it the slightly more dynamic expansion where you just have to make sure that you don't try to begin the game simultaneously? :P
Funfact: me and my brother are planning doing a YouTube channel where that is precisely what we do.
thincake

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: June 18, 2015, 01:13:26 am »

Got invaded by a foreign fleet. Despite having insane military skills, the naval battle can't be won due to being hopelessly outnumbered. The invaders landed on the shore and pillaged their way up to my castle, where I had to meet the diplomat party. Plot twist, the diplomat is the king of a foreign country and a powerful wizard. Plot twist twist, he challenges my magical girl princess to a magical duel. Because the king isn't invading the country for land, he just wants my magic mcguffin and then he'll leave. Supposedly.

Plot twist twist twist, despite my magical girl princess having insane magical power, I'm outmatched and both options for attempting to beat him lead to my death.

I have tried save scumming and tried every possible option and possible skill check and no matter what I can try, I either die horribly or have to flee the kingdom to evade my imminent death. A lose lose situation.

Welp. There goes that princess. Onwards to Elodie the 4th.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: June 18, 2015, 02:18:10 am »

Sorry, that tends to happen You can beat him with presence and instrument, but you need some sort of foreign intel (can't remember which.)
If you try to duel him, even if your magic stuff is maxed you need decoration or something else I can't remember.

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: June 18, 2015, 02:30:21 am »

It really amazes me that apparently some people have beaten that game on the first try.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: June 18, 2015, 03:49:44 am »

I completed the dungeon, my heroes are in good health, good plenty of supplies.

I found a sphere thingy telling me to put a torch there, well ok why not?

Lights out, like completely, Eldritch boss spawns, entire team dies.

5/5 I raged.

Funny thing is that the mission was still a success and got my loot.

Edit: Checked the forums and I realized that you could flee! Argh!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:25:54 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1575