Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371008 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13755 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »

Bug Powder Miner about Efa's crap hit rate.

Except don't, I give him a TON of shit about it already. XD
We all do :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13756 on: January 16, 2015, 11:27:09 pm »

Good run, first time in awhile past day 2. got a wooden tonfa that seems to be very much capable of wrecking zombie face.  Cleaning out a town and I hear a distinct P-p-pow from the north.  I don't have random npcs on but I have static npcs on, and I can't imagine what in the world could be shooting stuff while in the city so I take my lootcart and go investigate.

I mean, maybe it's the survivor base I heard so much about on the thread.  That would be cool.

It turns out it is a tank drone that I also heard so much about on the thread...

Ducked back around the corner and started running for my life.  In hindsight I probably should have ditched my lootcart before I started running, But I don't think it would have made a difference. Moment it came into line of sight of me I took one salvo and was dead man walking.  First salvo wrecked me, and by the time I unsheathed my "Oh shit" shotgun to at least try to go down with a fight the 2nd one finished me.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13757 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:46 am »

Minimize is Pokemon lingo for "Become impervious to all forms of attack", right?

Koga's Muk used Minimize twice in a row. From then, it proceeded to faint my entire team without taking a scratch. I will be the first to admit that I'm absolute garbage at Pokemon but I think that might be a teeny bit bullshit.

Minimizing Muk makes maddening monstrous minmaxed munchkin murderers.

Pokemon Crystal.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:21 am »

Minimize is Pokemon lingo for "Become impervious to all forms of attack", right?

Koga's Muk used Minimize twice in a row. From then, it proceeded to faint my entire team without taking a scratch. I will be the first to admit that I'm absolute garbage at Pokemon but I think that might be a teeny bit bullshit.

Minimizing Muk makes maddening monstrous minmaxed munchkin murderers.

Pokemon Crystal.

There's a reason evasion raising moves are banned in Smogon play - no one likes them. :P

Minimise got buffed a generation or two ago, making it doubly as effective at letting you avoid hits.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: January 17, 2015, 08:14:46 am »

Isn't there moves like Oder Sleuth or Lock On to counter Minimize? Not that I ever make use of those; 4 attack moves on nearly everything.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13760 on: January 17, 2015, 08:20:41 am »

Isn't there moves like Oder Sleuth or Lock On to counter Minimize? Not that I ever make use of those; 4 attack moves on nearly everything.

I'm pretty sure there's something sitting in one of my PC boxes that has Lock-On, or maybe I have it as a TM; but yeah I wouldn't get rid of an attack move over it. I already got rid of all the "worthless" moves (tail whip, growl etc.) a long time ago.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: January 17, 2015, 09:16:12 am »

Tail whip and growl are only useless because there's moves that do it better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: January 17, 2015, 09:23:21 am »

Do you have a Rhyhorn? Stomp deals double damage to minimized pokemon. :)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13763 on: January 17, 2015, 09:35:53 am »

I really like those little things in Pokémon. Also like how Defence Curl increases Rollouts power. Little things that aren't really mentioned but give a bit more depth to things.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: January 17, 2015, 09:53:40 am »

Defence curl and rollout with an accuracy booster is horrendous. It's something like 320 Power on the fifth roll!
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13765 on: January 17, 2015, 11:33:25 am »

Smack down not only removes flying poke's ground immunity, it also interrupts moves like fly and bounce, if used on them when they are in the air, and is capable of damaging pokemon being sky dropped(without canceling the sky drop in cartridge, last I checked in smogon simulator it does).  My Triples team uses it to great effect with my Aerodactyl and Rhyperior tag team. 

As for evasion moves there's plenty of moves that don't check accuracy as well that can be used to counter it.  Stomp is minimize specific, but stuff like aerial ace, and punishment can do wonders. My Zoroark runs punishment specifically because it does not check accuracy, and not only that it's power increases by 20 for every stage of buff the target has.  Hits stuff using minimize hard, and physical attack is her dump stat, I can only imagine what it would do to stuff if she wasn't special build.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:43:35 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: January 17, 2015, 12:30:59 pm »

Everything was going swimmingly. I had almost the entire enemy army routed, stole the Occult Scroll from the bird that took it, and just had to keep the laguz at bay until the pegasus knights arrived.

Then one bird managed to slip past my notice and get to the spot where the apostle was.

BLAST

BLAST IT ALL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: dammit, spoiler tags WHY U DO DIS
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:54:42 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13767 on: January 17, 2015, 12:33:49 pm »

[CREATURE:SPOLIER]
[FANCIFUL]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:35:57 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: January 17, 2015, 12:45:12 pm »

No deaths or save file corruption yet, but I'm trying to capture Celebi as "legitimately" as is possible in an emulated version of US Crystal. The Gameshark codes I've tried so far have either not worked as advertised, or outright been rejected by the emulator as invalid. Aaaaargh. I haven't tried any codes to just outright give me Celebi or encounter it in the wild; I've been trying the codes that let you set the event flags so that it's almost not cheating.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: January 17, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »

Parents died, sister died, was just me and the guy I named after the family guinea pig.

At least we made it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 916 917 [918] 919 920 ... 1575