Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371001 times)

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13725 on: January 13, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

After being booted off for a restart while running away in a truck from some asshat, I logged on and apparently materialized right in front of another player in the middle of Elektro.

DayZ Mod

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: January 13, 2015, 07:52:06 pm »

Utahraptor pack in the forest off Warcheif's Mound, then Drop pod right into T-rex..then the host left

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13727 on: January 13, 2015, 11:58:27 pm »

God I though Sadistic Music Factory from the 1st game was difficult. Then the second game brings out 2D Dream Fever and I can't even do it in normal mode.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: January 14, 2015, 02:32:46 am »

Yeah, sorry. Forgot.

I was doing well, too. THREE all stats up items (Capricorn, Halo, magic mushroom (blowing up mushrooms is FUN!)), a number of damage up items, a small consort of familiars, 6 hearts...

I got two black and two soul hearts, maybe 4 red hearts in all?
Everybody tells me not to blow up the shrooms. BUT WE WILL SHOW THEM, AYE?
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: January 14, 2015, 05:37:36 am »

The colony was going so well. About a dozen or so colonists in a heavily defensible location with a surgical killzone and a base carved into the mountain. It had plenty of power with a geothermal plant a decent number of solar panels, which were built on the front and back yard so as to limit any potential damage. The back yard seemed defensible enough since the entire area was surrounded by mountain save for a small gap near a few cryochambers (or caskets whatever). A simple wood wall, some fire-deterring limestone floor and a few turrets should be enough.

Then the mechanoids showed up with their spaceship. Crashed in a swamp. Everyone rushed out to build sandbags, turrets and a separate solar panel. Four turrets should be enough. The colonists have plenty of people, armor, M-16s, M-24s and charge rifles. Everything was set up for a quick execution. Come dawn, they set themselves up and took a pot shot at the ship.

Cue a horde of mechanoids. Scythers and centipedes. Inferno cannons and laser beams. Turrets lasted a few seconds. Chain explosions tore them apart. Fire was everywhere, the colonists got caught in the middle. They called for backup from two settlements but they died. A retreat was ordered, but most were too injured to move. About six made it back, where the killzone turrets wrecked any remaining mechanoids.  The dead were everywhere. They burned, they bled or starved to death. Two survivors didn't survive their hospital stay. Their best surgeon flipped out and tried to leave the colony. She was arrested and starved to death. A marine was incapacitated, with both a leg and an arm shot off. The only one still standing was the surgeon, who was close to a mental breakdown.

On the comms unit, a slaver appeared. Salvation! With more silver than they could count stockpiled, two slaves were purchased as well as a bionic leg. Things were back to business.

Then the pirates landed in the back yard. I thought they would try to get to main entrance. And sure enough they did... by smashing the back yard wall, setting everything on fire and rushing through base straight to the killzone. A few injuries but the colonists survived. Now all they have to do is rebuild and fire up the cremation furnace.

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

SupremeSandwich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: January 14, 2015, 05:49:30 am »

The colony was going so well. About a dozen or so colonists in a heavily defensible location with a surgical killzone and a base carved into the mountain. It had plenty of power with a geothermal plant a decent number of solar panels, which were built on the front and back yard so as to limit any potential damage. The back yard seemed defensible enough since the entire area was surrounded by mountain save for a small gap near a few cryochambers (or caskets whatever). A simple wood wall, some fire-deterring limestone floor and a few turrets should be enough.

Then the mechanoids showed up with their spaceship. Crashed in a swamp. Everyone rushed out to build sandbags, turrets and a separate solar panel. Four turrets should be enough. The colonists have plenty of people, armor, M-16s, M-24s and charge rifles. Everything was set up for a quick execution. Come dawn, they set themselves up and took a pot shot at the ship.

Cue a horde of mechanoids. Scythers and centipedes. Inferno cannons and laser beams. Turrets lasted a few seconds. Chain explosions tore them apart. Fire was everywhere, the colonists got caught in the middle. They called for backup from two settlements but they died. A retreat was ordered, but most were too injured to move. About six made it back, where the killzone turrets wrecked any remaining mechanoids.  The dead were everywhere. They burned, they bled or starved to death. Two survivors didn't survive their hospital stay. Their best surgeon flipped out and tried to leave the colony. She was arrested and starved to death. A marine was incapacitated, with both a leg and an arm shot off. The only one still standing was the surgeon, who was close to a mental breakdown.

On the comms unit, a slaver appeared. Salvation! With more silver than they could count stockpiled, two slaves were purchased as well as a bionic leg. Things were back to business.

Then the pirates landed in the back yard. I thought they would try to get to main entrance. And sure enough they did... by smashing the back yard wall, setting everything on fire and rushing through base straight to the killzone. A few injuries but the colonists survived. Now all they have to do is rebuild and fire up the cremation furnace.

Rimword sounds really !!FUN!! as well as just fun! I've looked on steam but can't find it how do I get it?
Training enormous always-burning baby elephant gladiators, who wield inanimate lions.

This is literally possible.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: January 14, 2015, 08:36:52 am »

Yeah, sorry. Forgot.

I was doing well, too. THREE all stats up items (Capricorn, Halo, magic mushroom (blowing up mushrooms is FUN!)), a number of damage up items, a small consort of familiars, 6 hearts...

Whoever tells you that is being unintelligent.
They keep farting on me.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: January 14, 2015, 11:03:06 am »

Yeah, sorry. Forgot.

Whoever tells you that is being unintelligent.
They keep farting on me.
So don't sit next to them when you blow them up!
Tough to remember. And it's hard to forgive them for doing that even once. Especially since my save data got wiped, with a fix coming out 2 hours later.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: January 14, 2015, 11:26:44 am »

Rimword sounds really !!FUN!! as well as just fun! I've looked on steam but can't find it how do I get it?

It will be at some point. It's been Greenlit.

At the moment, you have to purchase through their site. IIRC, you'll supposedly get a Steam key when it's released.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:40 pm »

Our little endeavour was going so well. After adding more fuel and replacing the LVT-45 liquid engines with LVT-30s, our craft became more powerful and lighter. This let us achieve heights never thought of before.
During launch a minor error left the new rockets in the same stage as the solid fuel ones, but this didn't prove to be of any major concern, the throttle was turned down for that stage then back up in the next one as intended.
Thus we could concentrate on our actual goal: Put an artificial object in orbit around our own planet. As soon as we passed the atmosphere, I had the final rocket ignited to put us on the right course.
But we miscalculated. Our momentum was too strong and the single LVT-45 could not redirect it to the correct angle. I was fearing we would do nothing more than land in a different continent than our own. I wish I had been right.
The craft drifted further and further, out into the vast expanse, over a million kilometres away from home. It did achieve orbit, but around the sun instead.

New long-term goal: Find a way to return Excelsior Mk V and its pilot *safely* to Kerbin.
Plan: Within a year the distance between Kerbin and the craft should be minimal again. By then we must have a suitable vehicle. Further objectives pending.
Lead Director comment: We have barely been launching rockets for 2 days and we already have our impossible objective to catch one specific grain of sand by throwing another at it, all while wearing the wrong glasses and in a sandstorm. Get to work, people!

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13735 on: January 14, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »

Good thing that ship had a years worth of food onboard...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: January 14, 2015, 05:09:10 pm »

oh my god are you fuuuucking kidding me?

how the fuck can I get fucked that hard on this mission? I don't get it! I don't fucking get it!

5 soldiers and a shiv: in the first round four panicked because someone got grazed with plasma. three rounds later I got three soldiers hit with acid and two dead in half cover from at least a quarter of the map by a sectoid, with no choice but to send them dashing to the kill pit to save the vip from the alien squad that spawned right next to him. My shiv gets ganked (hard to find cover for the fucking thing) and panick ensues as any advantage I could hope to have over the remaining enemy (a sectoid and a thin man) was ruined by two thin men dropping next to my panicked soldier and overwatching. Once I was able to take out the thin men (not the original one) my VIP panicked and got one-shotted from halfway across the interstate while hunkered down in full cover by another bloddy fucking thin man.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »

VIP missions have never been fair, that's how.

I remember on a C/I playthrough of EU watching an almost lategame squad be devastated by nothing but thin men, trying to get the VIP through the trench formed by a street.  Might be the same map, if "kill pit" means what I think it does (full cover on either side, then in the street itself there's mostly half cover, all of it is cars, at a lower elevation and you have to dash twice to get out).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13738 on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »

Yeah, Long War...  I got scared off by the first terror mission, but I might go back soon to at least die with honor.  The new mechanics are really impressive, but I barely managed to evacuate 2 soldiers from that mission.  Which instantly cost me... China, I think.  Soooo many cryssalids, with so much health, and me without any real guns.

Also from that playthrough (and maybe the real reason I "took a break" shortly after) I was trying to evacuate a "VIP" to "Ask him some questions".  I had the map pretty well covered, and took down all the thin men in sight, so I had the VIP sprint from the front line back towards the Skyranger.  There was a thin man hiding in a blind spot in the street, who saw the VIP sprinting *past a doorway* in the alley on the other side of the building.  One-shotted, of course.  Dodge bonus from sprinting my ass...

XCOM Long War.  Seems misnamed, I'm not sure how one is expected to survive for long.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: January 14, 2015, 07:52:09 pm »

Maybe because 'XCOM: The potential for a Long War if you survive past the first three hours' isn't as catchy?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 [916] 917 918 ... 1575