Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370347 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12645 on: August 08, 2014, 07:38:01 am »

God, Keas (and Kea men) are the worst. I've legitimately lost more forts to them then to goblins.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: August 08, 2014, 09:34:21 am »

Fucking rats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: August 08, 2014, 09:59:40 am »

I'm playing the Honest Hearts DLC, and I make a quicksave.  My nearest regular save was over half an hour ago.  Immidiately four giant cazadors round the cliff ahead of me, and quickly kill me, Boone, and Veronica in seconds.  I load, and manage to take one down with me.  I load again, and take down two.  I load several more times, and I never manage to kill more then two.  I try using dragon breath rounds with my shotgun, still doesn't work.  I try fletchets, still doesn't work.  I try opening firing my with my .45 pistol and SMG, doesn't work.  Finally I manage to kill them by getting critical hits on their heads with explosive rounds from my anti-material rifle.  After almost 45 minutes of fighting.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: August 08, 2014, 08:31:06 pm »

I walked into the palace, but then an alarm sounded and I ran back the way I came. I'd forgotten that "back the way I came" involved a drawbridge over lava, which retracted with me on it. I ended up falling right in the lava, without a single scratch from the enemies I was so afraid of.

Quake II.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12649 on: August 08, 2014, 09:21:34 pm »

Got sqooshed by a giant rolling easter island head along with about 20 other guys who failed to get out of the way in time.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: August 08, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

Damn Skyrim giants.

Why you so overpowered?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: August 08, 2014, 10:10:23 pm »

They aren't overpowered.  Just cast paralyze on them, and they fall right down.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: August 08, 2014, 10:52:36 pm »

Headshots with a good bow from a vantage point they can't see work well, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: August 08, 2014, 10:58:27 pm »

Do headshots actually increase damage? They honestly have never made a difference, except the badass factor.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: August 09, 2014, 12:06:54 am »

Do headshots actually increase damage? They honestly have never made a difference, except the badass factor.
Apparently not. Also, apparently, I modded it in.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: August 09, 2014, 12:14:55 am »

I was riding on my railcar pushing some kind of broken down trolley, when I saw a side passage with an air mask outside. I went down it hoping for more cool stuff, and all kinds of blood and gore started flashing on screen for just a second. I turn a corner, there's a guy all torn up in there. I turn around (after making sure to take his bullets) and all the blood and gore are there to stay. I run the fuck away, when suddenly a Watchman.

Metro: Last Light.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: August 09, 2014, 01:07:11 am »

I was beaten to death by a group of fedora wearing clowns because the broke the law. God damn you SS13!!
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12657 on: August 09, 2014, 11:17:07 am »

I was beaten to death by a group of fedora wearing clowns because the broke the law. God damn you SS13!!
I think I played SS13 enough times to take this in as something normal that happens occasionally. People look at me wierd when I mention such things in such a blase manner. Kinda like the deadpan character in a Saturday Morning Cartoon that barely moves, or is caught up in their work or game, while mayhem happens around them. They know the insanity so well, they can work around it, despite the potential danger posed to them; and even when going to deliver discipline, they shrug it all off, and deliver in a deadpan manner still.

I'm reminded of how Zed was like in MIB when the Great Attractor's prank went off all over HQ.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:28:11 am by Itnetlolor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: August 10, 2014, 02:26:52 am »

Groups that don't communicate are killers. It's the worst when everybody rushes off to the nearest group as soon as they respawn, even if it's a hopeless 1v5 with the nearest backup miles away. The match didn't go very well for us.

World of Warcraft. PvP has gotten marginally better since I made a hunter, but not much.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: August 10, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »

Groups that don't communicate are killers. It's the worst when everybody rushes off to the nearest group as soon as they respawn, even if it's a hopeless 1v5 with the nearest backup miles away. The match didn't go very well for us.

World of Warcraft. PvP has gotten marginally better since I made a hunter, but not much.

I used to play a hunter with the Survival tree, and a few points in some mana saving skill back in WOTLK. While I wasn't the best player, providing I unstealthed a rogue, I could quite easily burn them down to nothing. Also, the amount of players who would set off freezing traps and frost arrows were very, very high.

And that one damn powerful talent, Lock and Load - If enemy is hit by Freezing Trap or Frost Arrow, you get to use Explosive Shot with no cooldown besides the global cooldown for a few seconds.
Explosive Shot itself was pretty damn good - hit once, hits twice more, each can individually crit - proccing lock n' load was always fun - the only ones who could cope with it were foes with Fire resistance, or paladins who bubbled.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1575