Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370208 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12675 on: August 13, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »

Minecraft.

With full level thirty enchanted diamond armour, and all because I was afk.

Dammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammitdammit.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: August 13, 2014, 04:20:02 pm »

'Started' (i.e. I'm only 60 hours in) playing Monster Hunter (Freedom Unite)
#$^%!  That game makes Dark Souls seem casual, but that only makes the 'Objective Complete' the more satisfying.  ;)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: August 13, 2014, 06:42:42 pm »

Felt really smug playing 'easy' games, so to get a reality check I played castlevania on emulation.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: August 14, 2014, 04:30:33 am »

'Started' (i.e. I'm only 60 hours in) playing Monster Hunter (Freedom Unite)
#$^%!  That game makes Dark Souls seem casual, but that only makes the 'Objective Complete' the more satisfying.  ;)

Well, I'd argue that I have more trouble with Dark Souls, so that's what's harder, but seeing as I have a couple hundred hours in one and only around 10 in the other, I might not see it through.
From another point of view though, they're basically the same in gameplay. You keep fighting enemies until you learn their attacks and can block/dodge/counter them effectively. And your equipment is what really counts for dealing damage, but you also have to farm for it a lot.
I think DS is more unforgiving when you make a mistake, with its lower health pool and since you're fighting mostly alone, so all enemies attack you.
Still, I'd pick MH over DS any day. I got way more enjoyment out of it. (Except that damn Rathalos in Tri village. I shouldn't have been lancing.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: August 14, 2014, 02:08:51 pm »

Fuckin' harpies. They they carry these little tan rabbits with teeth and if you let them get the drop on you they'll keep spawning and its game over, man.

Anywho a rabbit knocked me off a ledge where a harpie flew into my face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: August 15, 2014, 07:58:26 pm »

I... just... what?  HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THAT

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: August 15, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

I played Dark Souls.

Death was...inevitable.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: August 15, 2014, 10:32:08 pm »

That friggin' dragon tank.

protip: head heals the body, so you might wanna prioritize it. then just fire whirl until dead
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: August 15, 2014, 10:34:38 pm »

Huh, I recall easily defeating the Dragon Tank, but maybe my childhood memories just gloss over things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: August 16, 2014, 04:51:17 am »

A disastrous attack on the humans left Cairne and a catapult as the only survivors. And then they counterattacked in force and I had nothing to defend with but watch towers, burrows and Peons, which means eff-all to mortar teams.

Warcraft 3.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:22 am »

Lasted roughly 15 turns before a Lasher-badass two-shot me.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:57 am »

I was burning the Space Marine Headquarters with my entire force when drop pods loaded with Terminators and Dreadnoughts fell from the sky around me. Lost everybody in fifteen seconds.

I had better results since I knew what was coming for me and gave Castor his default sniper rifle instead of a flamer. Flamers are USELESS on that mission aside from the buildings with Scout Marines in them. Even then, you'll have better luck and less casualties by just melting the buildings down with lascannon weapon teams.

Also, Castor is a badass: He can one-hand a sniper rifle that fires shots strong enough to knock Tactical Marines on their ass. Must be his facial hair giving him that power.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:47:19 am by Jacob/Lee »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: August 16, 2014, 12:09:59 pm »

I was trying to settle down peacefully along river Nile, when suddenly Remilia (who were in Saudi Arabia) attacked out of nowhere. After I've dealt with her I've realized that due to this war I've lost my technological edge. And that means death.

Sidenote: Egypt is a horrible place to live (at least in Civ4). Desert and Flood Plains? No production + tons of illness = fun times.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:12:32 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:28 pm »

The Ottoman Empire has declared war on you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: August 16, 2014, 01:34:57 pm »

I was burning the Space Marine Headquarters with my entire force when drop pods loaded with Terminators and Dreadnoughts fell from the sky around me. Lost everybody in fifteen seconds.

I had better results since I knew what was coming for me and gave Castor his default sniper rifle instead of a flamer. Flamers are USELESS on that mission aside from the buildings with Scout Marines in them. Even then, you'll have better luck and less casualties by just melting the buildings down with lascannon weapon teams.

Also, Castor is a badass: He can one-hand a sniper rifle that fires shots strong enough to knock Tactical Marines on their ass. Must be his facial hair giving him that power.

Nice, I've been playing some Dawn of War: Soulstorm recently.  Yeah, Dark Crusade is kinda better, but this has more things to kill.  Or get killed by.  Last mission was a failed assault on a Dark Eldar territory.  My space marines were driven back by their surprisingly well-armored hoverbikes and commanders.

I'm just gonna believe that my marines all died with honor.  Dark Eldar are... not nice to prisoners.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 1575