Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370946 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12105 on: June 01, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

...Or just jump off the plank, like she says.
wot?
"If thou hast misstepped into this world, plunge down from yonder plank and hurry home."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12106 on: June 01, 2014, 05:28:49 pm »

I know that, I just need to get past the undead dragon first.

Ring of Fog + Hawk Ring + Poison Arrows. Same strategy works for the one in Valley of Drakes.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12107 on: June 01, 2014, 05:38:30 pm »

...Or just jump off the plank, like she says.
wot?
What, you actually killed her? You monster. :P

Edit: On topic
Beat the boss of Blighttown in a single try while human, then proceeded to fall off the elevator while trying to leave and die. Three times. In the same spot.

Dark Souls. Apparently I'm gud enough to defeat bosses but not gud enough to walk successfully in a straight line without killing myself.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:44:14 pm by DeKaFu »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12108 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:04 pm »

The Iron Knights in the Heide Tower of Flame aren't so bad, but that damnable Dragonrider killed me twice because his room has a bottomless edge and I keep falling off. I can kill him easily enough, I think, but I have to maneuver correctly.

Dark Souls II
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12109 on: June 01, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

The Iron Knights in the Heide Tower of Flame aren't so bad, but that damnable Dragonrider killed me twice because his room has a bottomless edge and I keep falling off. I can kill him easily enough, I think, but I have to maneuver correctly.

Dark Souls II

Have you pulled the switches along the path to the battle to make the fighting arena bigger?

Though if you haven't, it is possible to bait him into the pit in the middle of the room.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #12110 on: June 01, 2014, 10:24:22 pm »

You should totally hit me up for that boss, I could use more medals.

Edit: After having demonstrated to my summoner several times that the chest was trapped, I proceeded to have my back turned to it when she opened it and got stunlocked to death by the arrows.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:04:56 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12111 on: June 01, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

On my first visit to Eye of the Storm, I joined right in the middle of a losing match. Stunned, silenced, fire locked, blown up, etc.

I'm detecting a pattern in non-Arathi Basin matches.

World of Warcraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12112 on: June 02, 2014, 08:36:16 am »

Like I've said before, that's just WoW PvP right now. You'll be stunned, feared silenced, interrupted, horrified and mesmerised to death. They're massively reducing the amount of CC in WoD at least.
My cabbages!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12113 on: June 02, 2014, 09:41:02 am »

I founded several cities in the thin strip of lush forest and green grassland allotted to me, wedged between the rough seas on one side and wasted brown hills on the other, when I received a quest to clear said wasteland of enemies. It's mostly a cakewalk. Find cave, clear it out with my carefully-constructed squad of elite random units, heal up, move on to the next cave. It's all going swimmingly, up until the last cave.

See, I've got a pretty good collection of units. Three heroes, four more of the best units I can currently construct. We've each leveled several times and the entire collection is labeled "dangerous". I'm pretty much able to rofflestomp anything and everything with minimal casualties (and what casualties there are is usually limited to my mages when autoresolving - why autoresolve puts the squishies on the front line, I have no clue). This last cave, however... The enemy has the initiative. One of the creatures bum rushes one of my heroes and takes him out with one attack. Then the rest of the enemy gets their turns. I can maybe take out one before getting wiped out.

Results? The previously unsettleable area can now be settled. My entire squad has been destroyed (though heroes can't be killed, just maimed). Oh, and there's now a superpowered enemy squad roaming the landscape that gains more experience if I attack it and lose. If there are heroes in the losing squad, they get maimed yet again, becoming less and less useful.

Fallen Enchantress.

Inveigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12114 on: June 02, 2014, 09:35:23 pm »

Despite having no trouble with her before, I died to Mytha the Baleful Queen in Dark Souls 2. It just had to happen to on my no bonfire/death run... the attempt before that I died to the Congregation, another pretty easy boss. I have the worst luck with these things.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12115 on: June 02, 2014, 09:46:45 pm »

Despite having no trouble with her before, I died to Mytha the Baleful Queen in Dark Souls 2. It just had to happen to on my no bonfire/death run... the attempt before that I died to the Congregation, another pretty easy boss. I have the worst luck with these things.
Wait, does that mean you're deleting and starting over?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Inveigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12116 on: June 02, 2014, 09:50:16 pm »

Yep! Every time. From the start. It wouldn't be legitimate otherwise! Ha ha...ha... :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12117 on: June 03, 2014, 10:31:48 am »

Got suddenly hit for far more damage than I should have, getting killed from 2/3 health in one hit. From two opponents, at least one of whom selectively ignores my blocks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12118 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »

I was heroically running to face an enemy, followed closely by my erstwhile sunbro companion ASSBOAT, at which point the ledge we're standing on starts tipping into lava, leaving us in the hilarious position of running in place desperately trying to get uphill, we were not successful.

Whoops, Dark Souls II
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:33:28 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12119 on: June 03, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »

I'm having one of these 'off' days.  Since I often play any game at the edge of my ability, and always 'hard', a challenge, or just rpin'/messing around, an 'off day' usually means I lose, or get frustrated in my hindsight.  sigh

This latest string has been a few false starts and a few 'never had a chances'.  Warmongers and hastily jumping into wars

CIV

---

I guess, to be fair, I usually play as Charlemagne.  Because I like his theme, and he is harder to run away with, given his starting techs and his UU its a very situational thing to see him run away where others couldn't.

My preferred 'good' Leaders are Darius, Hannibal, Hammurabi, and Roosevelt
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:08:15 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 806 807 [808] 809 810 ... 1575