Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370954 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #12090 on: June 01, 2014, 11:54:35 am »

TBH, the first time I played Dark Souls, it took me awhile to find that path to Undead Berg too, so don't feel too bad. XD
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #12091 on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:45 pm »

Got thrown off a tower before literally getting stomped on by the taurus demon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #12092 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:45 pm »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:48:50 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12093 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

That was the first thing I did. Really effective. This time, I thought I'd try shooting it first. I misclicked and chugged estus instead, giving the demon time to do its demon stuff. Everything went downhill from there, figuratively and literally.

In other news, died on the way back to the taurus demon due to hollows chasing after me and chucking firebombs at point blank range. Lost my 10000 souls I had accumulated from all the runs back to the taurus demon. Welp. Guess I'll take a break. I really shouldn't have died there, except I played poorly.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12094 on: June 01, 2014, 12:47:19 pm »

What I do against the Taurus Demon is plunging attack -> run about halfway across the bridge -> avoid attack, run back to tower -> plunging attack, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12095 on: June 01, 2014, 12:55:05 pm »

What I do against the Taurus Demon is plunging attack -> run about halfway across the bridge -> avoid attack, run back to tower -> plunging attack, etc.
This was another strategy I tried on my own. It kinda backfired when I didn't kite the demon far enough away after the first plunge attack. So when I ran back and started climbing the ladder the demon managed to reach me in time to knock me off, stunlock me from fall damage, then finish me off.

I probably should've stuck with that strategy, except my previous strategy of "plunge once, then keep ducking between its legs and rolling attack its butt" almost killed it. And that strategy was pretty fun, what with the risky dodges and the butt stabbing with a zweihander and all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12096 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:01 pm »

To be fair, I didn't get gud at rolling until the time before last I ran through it, and I'm lazy enough that if something works I stick with it. But yeah, if you can time your rolls correctly, it's probably better to do it that way.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12097 on: June 01, 2014, 01:20:38 pm »

Aggro'd the black knight in Undead Berg. He had his back to me, thought it'd be a good idea to try and backstab him. Cue him turning around and swinging at me.

Cue me running back to the bonfire screaming while the black knight chased me.

Yup! And this is probably the easiest portion of the game. Black Knights are excruciatingly strong, and their windups are awkward to avoid and hard to punish. The easiest way to defeat them, I found, was to pelt them with Fireballs as a Pyromancer from afar just barely out of their sword range.

It's worth doing, because they can drop various items that are DARN good - my very first encounter with one dropped the Black Knight Shield, a heavy shield that blocks 95% of fire damage, 100% physical damage, but is very poor against magic- all around, a decent shield. They can also drop Black Knight weaponry too, though that's quite rare.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12098 on: June 01, 2014, 01:22:11 pm »

^ this. My brother got lucky and got a Black Knight Sword (not Greatsword, that's a separate weapon) and was pretty much set for the rest of the game off that guy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12099 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:35 pm »

They seem to be easier to parry than some of the other high-level enemies in the game, so that's usually how I deal with them.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12100 on: June 01, 2014, 03:41:27 pm »

So, after attempting to read a message in front of the large painting in Anor Londo, I accidentally examine the painting, and get sucked in. And now I'm stuck. Greeaaaat. Cue deaths from fire-breathing hollows, THOSE FUCKING HARPIES, and the zombie dragon. Oh, and those phalanx slug guys.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12101 on: June 01, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

So, after attempting to read a message in front of the large painting in Anor Londo, I accidentally examine the painting, and get sucked in. And now I'm stuck. Greeaaaat. Cue deaths from fire-breathing hollows, THOSE FUCKING HARPIES, and the zombie dragon. Oh, and those phalanx slug guys.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die.
Gotta beat the boss there in order to get out. Good luck!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12102 on: June 01, 2014, 04:00:58 pm »

...Or just jump off the plank, like she says.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12103 on: June 01, 2014, 04:04:41 pm »

...Or just jump off the plank, like she says.
wot?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12104 on: June 01, 2014, 04:10:13 pm »

I know that, I just need to get past the undead dragon first.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 805 806 [807] 808 809 ... 1575