Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369408 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9930 on: October 06, 2013, 10:08:32 am »

Wandering through a crypt, when suddenly, a Skeleton Archer!
"Prepare to eat the 100 Hand to Hand skill I possess, bony beast!"
He had arrows enchanted with Paralyzation. I was stunlocked for 10 minutes whilst he shot me repeatedly to death.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I ended up using the healing cheat until he ran out of arrows, :P
Free action in that game was completely useless, and any spell created using it was too expensive to be useful.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: October 06, 2013, 11:46:15 pm »

Be it a tiny accidental nudge, unclean contacts or the random hand of chance, somehow it came to be that Mario was left with all his limbs broken, sliding around on the floor of the map and/or turning invisible. Had to hard-reset the console.

Super Mario 64. On the plus side, finally managed to get to 50 stars. Just another 20 and I'll finally be done with it, close to a year after I bought it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: October 07, 2013, 02:44:45 am »

Started playing Terraria online with some friends, and generated a new world. None of us had ever seen or heard of the Crimson before, and we had gone for a couple days just mining and getting everything set up.
We start to explore to try and find the desert for some glass.
"Ghost: Hey, what's this weird red biome?"
Ghost has been massacred by a Face Monster.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

So a martial artist, pro wrestler, boxer, nobleman, master archer, gymnast and champion thumb wrestler all walk into a game, and the player goes, "Holy crap, why do you guys keep on dying?"

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: October 07, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

After downloading the latest version of 0.13 Trunk I decided to give a Gargoyle Earth Elementalist a shot.

After kiting "extremely dangerous" phantoms and having to pick between fighting a hill giant with a giant spiked club on one floor or an ogre with a giant spiked club on the other floor, (I picked the ogre and survived) the game decided I scraped by too easily and threw an orc preist and an orc wizard at me.

I got smoted to death while fleeing for the nearby upstairs. A good old YASD, and a wonderful way to break in my first character on a new version.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: October 07, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »

Oh lord, never ever ID a wand by zapping yourself with it. The list of good wands to be zapped with is distressingly short. If you go the "use to ID" route, try it on a kobold or something that is still very weak if it gets hasted or polymorphed or something.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: October 07, 2013, 08:34:44 pm »

Generally I zap a wand at empty air first, then if I'm in a really safe place like Temple and I know I can afford some damage or getting polymorphed into a bat or petrified, then I zap myself if it hasn't been identified already.

I rarely get a wand of disintegration to blow myself up with, and when I do and ID it on me I have the health to handle it, usually. All the status effects wear off with time, and the various elemental wands can be ID by zapping air. The only wand I would really not want to zap myself with would be draining, but IIRC in 0.13 drain has been changed so even that wears off.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: October 07, 2013, 08:53:47 pm »

Generally I zap a wand at empty air first, then if I'm in a really safe place like Temple and I know I can afford some damage or getting polymorphed into a bat or petrified, then I zap myself if it hasn't been identified already.

I rarely get a wand of disintegration to blow myself up with, and when I do and ID it on me I have the health to handle it, usually. All the status effects wear off with time, and the various elemental wands can be ID by zapping air. The only wand I would really not want to zap myself with would be draining, but IIRC in 0.13 drain has been changed so even that wears off.

Yes, but the wearing off is based on XP gained instead of time, and instead of just hurting your XP it significantly debuffs your skills. No thank you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: October 08, 2013, 12:07:20 am »

I suck so, so bad at the Wing Cap. I remember being kinda good at it years ago, but now I just seem to go all over the place. I'll be jamming on the stick just to make a small turn, but then I do a complete 180 out of nowhere.

I tried to dive into the entrance to the pyramid in Shifting Sand Land, missed, bounced off the pyramid a few times and landed in the insta-kill dark sand.

Super Mario 64.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: October 08, 2013, 12:37:14 am »

I played Dark Souls the other day. Need I say more?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: October 08, 2013, 04:55:25 am »

Well, how did you die? I can get up to Blighttown with moderate ease without dying.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: October 08, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »

This last death?  Vulture and eyes swarmed me as I ran home after a desperate tree run.  The other 20-30 deaths so far in this game?  A combination of corrupted monsters, falling to my death, or drowning in the dark.  Once, I even blew myself up in said dark, while underwater.  This game is well worth the money so far.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:53 pm »

Once, I even blew myself up in said dark, while underwater.
I have done this an embarrassing number of times.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: October 08, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »

Well, how did you die? I can get up to Blighttown with moderate ease without dying.

Skeletons. I went down instead of up at the two bells. Apparently that is a mistake.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: October 09, 2013, 12:36:43 am »

Cool, Cool Mountain is some sort of digital hell specially designed for people who are both afraid of heights and terrible at scavenger hunts. I've wasted six lives falling off the side of the mountain due to misaimed cannon shots, unlucky encounters with enemies and just plain missing a jump. I've finally found a game that makes me rage harder than Super Mario World.

Super Mario 64. Frosty Slide For 8 Red Coins? No thank you. >:(
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1574