Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369110 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9945 on: October 09, 2013, 01:59:18 am »

I played Dark Souls the other day. Need I say more?

Well, how did you die? I can get up to Blighttown with moderate ease without dying.

Skeletons. I went down instead of up at the two bells. Apparently that is a mistake.

I did that as well during my first time playing. Nearly gave up the game after deeming it impossible.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:47 am »

Skeletons. I went down instead of up at the two bells. Apparently that is a mistake.

I did that as well during my first time playing. Nearly gave up the game after deeming it impossible.

Haha same here. I just walked right into the graveyard the moment I left firelink shrine. Figured I just had to get used to the gameplay and level up some, so I started very cautiously grinding some skeletons for exp.
After grinding for about half an hour I figured I was strong enough to proceed and entered the catacombs, then promptly died. Looked up a beginner guide and finally figured out I had to traverse the aquaduct instead.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: October 09, 2013, 01:55:23 pm »

Ok so the arena is all set up, Eater of worlds is going down, creepy weird red corruption or not.

OH MY GOD THAT IS NOT THE EATER OF WORLDS IT'S MUCH WORSE!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: October 09, 2013, 03:01:15 pm »

Hmmm, the Etrian Odyssey remake's been pretty easy so far compared to the original.  Those free FOE-blocking and stance-disruption bombs trivialized Fenrir, and this new dungeon's aesthetically interesting but has the same old enemies, and even the FOEs inside are pretty easy to take down one-on-one...yah, invisible boss!  Run away...can't run away?!  *splat*

And thus ends another tale.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:03:48 pm by Culise »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: October 09, 2013, 03:12:01 pm »

I freaking hate trying land on the Dark Side of the Mun.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: October 09, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

Lvl 41 grineer Scorchs (version 10.2.1) versus lvl4 Nova.

OH GOD THE PAIN

Warframe. Current version makes flamethrowers overpowered as fuck. These guys killed me in less than a second. Three times.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9951 on: October 09, 2013, 04:53:06 pm »

They die in two hits from a +5 Reinforced Club, one if you two-hand it and use your strong attack.

Try the ones that put themselves back together when you kill them down nearer to Pinwheel's lair. Then they're even more !!FUN!!.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: October 10, 2013, 09:43:42 pm »

They made lamps for a reason. Just point them down.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:51 pm »

Doing crazy stunts, I bought a plane and flew it just above a jumbo jet which was flying away from the airport. I grappled the two together, stunt jumping to the jumbojet. My goal was to put C4 on it midflight, then return to my plane and blow it up, but while I was placing the C4 my plane started spazzing out, eventually crashing into the jet very hard and blowing the whole thing up, killing me.

Just Cause 2

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: October 10, 2013, 10:02:30 pm »

You think that's hard? (WHY THE HELL WERE YOU DOING THAT?! THE ALTITUDE METER WILL LIE TO YOU) Try landing on Dark Bramble for the first time.  Or for that matter most of the planets in Outer Wilds.  Off the top of my head I can think of TWO that are normal. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: October 10, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »

Playing as a Gargoyle Conjurer, and I'm doing awesome. After barely scraping by a huge encounter with a bunch of killer bees and a centaur, and some orcs, I retreat to channel my mana back to full before going to loot and chop up the corpses. I should've waited to recover my health, but I was cocky I could blast any remaining stragglers to bits.

A goliath beetle wanders up, and I conjure a Battlesphere and start blasting it with searing ray.

...it absorbs 2 consecutive, fully charged searing rays and the blasts from the battlesphere and bites me. I die. The goliath beetle was nearly dead too. I had 16 health. The bite did 19 damage. If I had waited for my health to regen then I would've survived.

Welp, not playing Crawl again for a while. Uuuuuugh. I was having so much fun too, and doing so well. Uuuuuuuuuuugh. Such a stupid way to die. UUUUUGH.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: October 11, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

Knives... Knives everywhere.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: October 11, 2013, 10:34:36 pm »

Reinstalled the Sonic Adventure demo for about the fifty billionth time because I can't make up my mind whether I really want to buy it or not. After having a bit of fun in the Sonic, Tails and E-102 stages, I take on Knuckle's stage.

It went a bit like "Huh, this is better than I remember OH GOD WHERE AM I GOING" and then I fell into the bottomless void underneath the level.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: October 12, 2013, 04:47:27 am »

Exploring the dungeon in my Terraria world.
"wonder when I'll next get a ke- oh it froze. darn lag. *splat*
...oh."
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: October 12, 2013, 05:11:20 am »

My last death in Mario 64 was pretty diabolical. I accidentally wall-jumped upon missing a platform in Tick-Tock Clock, which caused me to fly into the abyss. I landed on a platform far below, losing a chunk of health. I skip-rocked off of that platform and onto another one even further below, costing another chunk of health. I was then attacked by one of those fire-breathing enemies, which caused Mario to run off the platform and into the abyss.

Super Mario 64.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1574