Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2368978 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #9870 on: September 26, 2013, 11:00:03 pm »

Going on a landed UFO mission. It starts off with a cyberdisk on turn 2. Ok, fine, that's why I have a Heavy with HEAT ammo and a rocket. Boom, sniper finishes it off. Cool.

Before my next turn, two more cyberdisks show up. From slightly separate directions. And my heavy can't see any of them. So I try to flank around with my assaults. Cue a pack of Mutons and a Berzerker showing up in the middle of everything.

It's bad. Really bad. But I have some decent cover and my troops are in good shape.

Then a Cyberdisk explodes a set of rocks an Assault and Support were hiding behind. Followed by the assault getting shot in the face by a drone and killed. Then the other cyberdisk moves around to my heavy and takes her out before she even gets her overwatch shot. She's just down and not out, so I have the Support stabalize her.

I'd rather not lose a Colonel Heavy, so I see if I can salvage the situation. My sniper decides to be useless, though, and despite a few good shots on the cyberdisks I can't quite take them out.

This is rapidly followed by both remaining Assaults getting gunned down. With just a sniper and a squaddie Support left, I'm forced to withdraw. Four good soldiers dead and nothing to show for it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: September 26, 2013, 11:20:36 pm »

Got the Fiend Red Rider to spawn then War Cry, Antichthon, Antichthon, Trisagion and Dead....well I beat him the 8th time I fought him only 6 more to fine and get killed by.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:55:14 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: September 27, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

Swarmed By Zombified Children and Teachers

Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: September 27, 2013, 04:24:49 pm »

Cataclysm is a good source of out of context quotes.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: September 27, 2013, 05:13:06 pm »

And potential for some grandmother in canada to tell the FBI to arrest that person :P

Being ultimate badass. Run into sniper's face, shotgun at the ready.

Put 2 and 2 together

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9875 on: September 27, 2013, 06:02:46 pm »

Charged into A regional school, shanking one zambie child at A tie with A screwdriver, then eventually A hulk came in and mauled me ;~;

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: September 27, 2013, 07:33:33 pm »

A guy with a big ol axe killed me and my horse in one swing as I rode by him.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: September 27, 2013, 07:56:16 pm »

After turning the entirety of Africa into a slave state to do Neo-Fascist Italy's bidding, some nations apparently did not take kindly to the thought of a new world power emerging. China and Russia secretly plotted my downfall, and once my military was weakened, they struck. Italy was ripped apart by hordes of cheap Chinese tanks and nuclear weapons.

Superpower 2.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: September 27, 2013, 08:00:55 pm »

Um..
I can't really remember.
It was most likely Just Cause 2, because JESUS CHRIST THERE'S MILITARY ASSHOLES FUCKING EVERYWHERE
THEY'RE COMING OUT OF THE WALLS
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: September 27, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

After turning the entirety of Africa into a slave state to do Neo-Fascist Italy's bidding, some nations apparently did not take kindly to the thought of a new world power emerging. China and Russia secretly plotted my downfall, and once my military was weakened, they struck. Italy was ripped apart by hordes of cheap Chinese tanks and nuclear weapons.

Superpower 2.

I officially must buy.  But I hear mods are a must.  Any recommends?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »

Goblin Archers, Goblin Archers everywhere!

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: September 27, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »

A squad of U.S. marine force recon and another squad of guerilla fighters overwhelmed me and my AK-74 because i am a terrible, terrible shot.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mingebag7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: September 27, 2013, 08:53:13 pm »

A friend and I were ferrying loot bags full of gold, and then a bulldozer came out of nowhere with some tan FBI buddies of his to say hi.

Payday 2, Bank Heist: Gold on Very Hard. No AI buddies.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: September 27, 2013, 09:04:52 pm »

Admins put me into the body of an SSD changeling. As soon as I walked out of his office, I was accosted by sec who found a corpse (from the last ling) in my locker. I still don't know why the captain (who was the only other person with access) would walk into my office, go to the locker, and have a good, long look inside.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: September 28, 2013, 12:21:20 am »

I got split in half by the vile spit of a Corruptor. It was interesting to say the least.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1574