Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2373207 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6735 on: September 17, 2012, 07:52:20 am »

Throughout an epic, sixty-five turn long struggle against hordes and hordes of FOEs, which ensued after being unable to dispatch two of them on time, my party, who had been spending lots of resources in hope of a quick finish, ran out of consumables, then out of mana, then out of hope and, finally, after some time of barely denting the last FOE's armor with unbuffed normal attacks, while the debuffs containing him finally ran out with no chance of renewal, out of life, with the very last enemy still standing at around 25% health. It was glorious. Possibly my most intense experience in the game yet.

(Yes, I am as breathless as the lack of periods implies. :P)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: September 17, 2012, 09:20:54 am »

I'd do better is schizophrenia didn't cause the hallucination that makes  everything go freaky, and asthma didn't wake me up every 5 minutes.
... ???
you had the schizophrenia or asthma debuff in cataclysm?

they really annoy me, but they are necessary for my working build. and by working, I mean not dying in one day.
You do realize there are other flaws, right? Several that have negligible effect if any

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #6737 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:24 am »

Where's the fun in playing with flaws that don't have a noticeable effect on gameplay?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: September 17, 2012, 10:15:10 am »

If you like roguelikes but like Easy mode?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #6739 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:59 am »

May as well just max out your stats with debug commands :P
Ah well, fun's fun, I didn't mean to sound like a condascending douchebag when I said that.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: September 17, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

Got ripped apart first by several wide-area rocket launchers, then snipers with bazookas.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: September 17, 2012, 01:14:16 pm »

Deployment mechanics still need a bit of work. Parked my Reaver on a cliff to do some quick repairs, but when I jumped out, the game dumped me on the side of the plane with no ground, causing me to plummet a good 200m to my death. I sure gave that Vanu on a Flash at the bottom a good scare though. Saw him swerve and smash into the cliffside.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: September 17, 2012, 02:01:33 pm »

Got the Tyranid Mod for Dark Crusade, decided to play against the Imperial Guard on easy with super high resources. I begin, am doing well, holding my corner well enough. I blitz out with a swarm to capture the center relic, so I can build a Capillary tower in the center of the map and put morale debuffs on EVERYONE. I capture it, send two swarms of hormagaunts and a squad of warriors after a basilisk that's annoying me.
I look away from the center for two seconds, literally, and a MASSIVE armored column blows right through me. They didn't even stop to attack, they just drive-by'd EVERYTHING in the center of the map all at once. My jaw drops, then I look at the requisition counter, the only resource the Tyranids use.
35000. You wanna fuck with me? You want some of this huh? SPAM THE GAUNTS! SPAM ALL THE GAUNTS! AND CARNIFEXS AND WARRIORS AND SPORE MINES AND FUCKING EVERYTHING! SWARM THEM!

This is going well, I push the armored column out of my base, step by step, hundreds of gaunts dying for each tank, when I hear this, "Five minutes until Take and Hold Victory."
No. Goddamn you, you cheating bastard computer. No. More. Gaunts. Damn it.
I break the enemies forces apart, swarming over them like ants on scorpions. I swarm past them, fighting my way toward their base. With thirty seconds left, I finally find it. Not nearly enough time to bust down their command center. So instead I swarmed their units. I may lose this day, but I'm taking all these bastards with me.

Funnest skirmish I have ever played.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6743 on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:43 pm »

I forgot to add mage to the party and nasty slaver mage got me because I couldnt heal myself. Meh.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: September 17, 2012, 03:40:00 pm »

Rebel Rigger hit me with robotic boarders, missiles, and drones in the final system. Didn't even have a chance to jump.

Of course. Of course I had to die to a random punk flying around instead of the almighty flagship.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: September 17, 2012, 03:42:23 pm »

I was fleeing from a horde of zombies, when I ducked into a pharmacy for medical supplies. I try to make it to the room at the back so I can use the doorway as a chokepoint so I could fight them one at a time. Before I could get there, though, a pack of fucking wolves just appears out of nowhere and absolutely mauls me. In the pharmacy. In the middle of a city.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:41 pm »

Was playing Nethack for the first time today.

I read a scroll, which chained an iron ball to me.
I then fell down some stairs.
See where this is going?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: September 17, 2012, 03:54:05 pm »

Was playing Nethack for the first time today.

I read a scroll, which chained an iron ball to me.
I then fell down some stairs.
See where this is going?

Yep, this is just the beginning for you. Slash'em has even dumber ways to die. Like playing as a doppelganger and trying to force yourself to polymorph into something really powerful at a low level.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: September 17, 2012, 04:02:01 pm »

A dragon burrowed out of the fucking mountain and ate me.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:05:04 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: September 17, 2012, 04:04:06 pm »

Oh gods. Imperial Guard versus seven Tyranid Easy AIs. I quickly set up a formidable defense point in what I believed what the only entrance to my base. The Tyranids probed it for awhile, sending a few squads of 'stealers and a couple carnifexs, which I fought off with little trouble.
They then began their full scale assault. My initial defense network was... Instantly overpowered. Just... Fucking gone in seconds. A huge blob of red was advancing through my base's entrance, but I'd laid a ton of mines there, and I had squads and basilisks building behind the walls of mines.

Then the Tyranids swarmed in through the negative cover hugging the coast. The coast that I thought was impassable and I had neglected to defend in my haste to lockdown the main entrance. Good god, they're just like in the books.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1575