Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370323 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #6225 on: July 30, 2012, 02:52:33 am »

The first stretch of the Phazon Mines is, without question, one of the hardest areas in the game. Goddamn power beam pirates, requiring me to use my weakest weapon to hurt you!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Super missiles one-shot those guys too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: July 30, 2012, 07:30:56 am »

"Heal me!"
"Tis weak to fire!"
"Heal me!!"
"I grant you fire's blaze!"
"WHY WON'T YOU HE-" *dead*

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: July 30, 2012, 07:32:19 am »

The traitorous captain shot me with a taser, removed my headset and threw me into space. I was electrocuted, suffocated and burned by lasers.

Space Station 13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: July 30, 2012, 09:11:07 am »

The first stretch of the Phazon Mines is, without question, one of the hardest areas in the game. Goddamn power beam pirates, requiring me to use my weakest weapon to hurt you!

Super missiles one-shot those guys too.

Yes. But the Wave Buster against the wave pirates needs a ton of missiles, and I haven't even found the Ice Beam Combo.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6229 on: July 30, 2012, 09:56:22 am »

Was a traitor scientist and my objectives were to steal the captain's gun and some other thingy. The objective proved to be no problem since the captain was silly and so was the HOP. I had the important stuff in my backpack so I did what any normal scientist would do. Develop bombs. I made six bombs that destroyed 6x6 tiles completely and on a radius as big as the view field damaged everything. I made them so they explode in unison at a signal that I will be sending from my PDA. I planted the bombs strategicaly into trash cans all around the station.

I send the signal

Suddenly server freezes for good half a minute

Half the station is gone and the remaining is in ruins

I froze and suffocated.

Took down 30+ people down with me in few minutes.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:03:01 am by Dbuhos »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

Yes. But the Wave Buster against the wave pirates needs a ton of missiles, and I haven't even found the Ice Beam Combo.
You don't need them. You can stunlock the wave pirates with partially-charged shots, and some versions have the ice pirates freezable with a charged shot, letting you beam spam them to death before they thaw. If you can't freeze them, they're the only beam troopers that can't be cheesed to death.

I've played way too much Metroid Prime.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: July 30, 2012, 12:29:58 pm »

You don't need them. You can stunlock the wave pirates with partially-charged shots, and some versions have the ice pirates freezable with a charged shot, letting you beam spam them to death before they thaw. If you can't freeze them, they're the only beam troopers that can't be cheesed to death.

I've played way too much Metroid Prime.

Thanks! I just learned you can stunlock wave/ice troopers. But there's still an issue when there's multiples.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: July 30, 2012, 04:48:41 pm »

Ok This isn't going well, I forgot to bring anyone that could use phoenix downs on that side..  Oh yea, algus is there! He'll rez everyone!  Dammit algus, why are you attacking that knight?  Ok fine, that knight is very low HP, if you kill him I think my thief can reach that side and rez the white mage and squire before their death timers finish counting down.

Algus you dumbass!  Why did you use dash on that knight?  You could have one shot him with your sword!  Now the knight is still alive, with 1 hp, and blocking the way! Algus you @*#&$^!*#^@ with a *^#$!& haybale (*&^#*@% chocobo banker!

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: July 30, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »

Off-topic: I've always hated Algus. Not only is he a real bastard in the story, he pulls junk like that all the time. I had one play-through of that game where I had a minotaur demon named Algus-bane who's job in every fight was to kill off Algus before he did anything else.

On-topic: An evil Ash Cloud infected some wildlife. They zombified and made a bee-line for my fort. My militia goes out and squashes them, but gets some of the ash on them in the process. Que zombified militia. Which then results in them getting back into my fort and everyone getting zombified because it was early on and I didn't have sufficient containment options available yet.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: July 30, 2012, 05:00:21 pm »

Also off-topic: I've always loved Algus. He had the best exchange ever in the original. The one culminating in "Animals have no god!" :P

He was also pretty hardass in the fight where you found him. After that he suffered from standard incompetent AI syndrome, but he was no worse than Delita in that regard.

Don't actually remember my last death, but I assume it involved a golem and/or frost phoenix sack beating my evil midget wizard. Don't think the not-elf archer or foxgirl helped that time, but they might have.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: July 31, 2012, 04:48:05 am »

Attacked by a massive horde of space bears during thunderdome.

Space Station 13, as usual.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: July 31, 2012, 07:07:39 am »

So many Earth Lords and Gnoll Hunters...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: July 31, 2012, 04:01:36 pm »

Used a bolt of fire too close to a wall and it bounced back and hit me.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: July 31, 2012, 04:39:40 pm »

Accidentally walked backwards into a pit of Magma before a single enemy arrived.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: July 31, 2012, 06:11:34 pm »

Queelag shot her evil 360 AOE of doom at me...the only reason that fight is challenging. I then brot in back up and went H.A.M on her.

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1575