Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374319 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4410 on: December 22, 2011, 10:17:28 am »

I tip my hat to you!

Falling in magma.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: December 22, 2011, 01:45:15 pm »

Elimination of targets successful. The first was killed thanks to swapping a replica gun out for a real one, making the execution scene much more realistic. The second via falling chandelier. No other casualties, a perfect assassination, and with me hanging out in the scaffolding completely unnoticed.

So unnoticed, that the tension bar drops all the way to zero...until a random guard sees me on my way towards the bathroom where I left my suit and opens fire. Then more guards arrive. Then the Secret Service agents with assault rifles...

I went down fighting. But I still went down.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: December 22, 2011, 04:29:06 pm »

Beaten to death by telekinetic bear.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: December 22, 2011, 04:49:51 pm »

Got kicked in the balls by a named sickly Diggle.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:25:06 pm by Darvi »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: December 22, 2011, 05:48:25 pm »

I was driving a small team of rebels into a battlezone where they would surely die. The oppressive government would send legions of troops to defend its position. But I had a plan, I could cut the combat short and save lives by destroying the tower. So I rammed the truck I was driving through their defensive walls and into the tower, it was now neatly parked inside the tower with three walls remaining. I got out ready to start chucking bombs, take out the building supports and make my escape, then I took an arrow to the knee a gigantic fucking brick fell off of the towers roof and split my skull in half.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: December 25, 2011, 09:36:52 pm »

I was driving a small team of rebels into a battlezone where they would surely die. The oppressive government would send legions of troops to defend its position. But I had a plan, I could cut the combat short and save lives by destroying the tower. So I rammed the truck I was driving through their defensive walls and into the tower, it was now neatly parked inside the tower with three walls remaining. I got out ready to start chucking bombs, take out the building supports and make my escape, then I took an arrow to the knee a gigantic fucking brick fell off of the towers roof and split my skull in half.

Fucking hated when that would happen.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4416 on: December 25, 2011, 09:55:31 pm »

GOGDAMMIT YOU'RE A GIANT ENEMY CRAB YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO WALK FORWARDS.

Dude, IT'S NOT DIFFICULT TO ALSO TYPE OUT THE NAME OF THE GAME.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: December 25, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »

Hover your mouse over the text for a few seconds, or just look at the abbreviation tag, seeing as you quoted it.
*Hugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: December 25, 2011, 10:03:34 pm »

Kinda weird how abbr tags don't seem to have an easy access button. I never would have known about them if I hadn't seen some people use them  :-\

On Topic: Got crushed by a Power Critter
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4419 on: December 25, 2011, 10:16:59 pm »

Hover your mouse over the text for a few seconds, or just look at the abbreviation tag, seeing as you quoted it.

Huh, didn't know you could do that...

Still, the name should be in plain sight, not in an abbreviation tag.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: December 25, 2011, 10:34:55 pm »

Goblin Ambush + Incomplete Trap Hallway + Inexperienced Militia = !!FUN!!

Welcome back to DF, MaximumZero.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: December 26, 2011, 12:59:13 am »

Technically not a videogame, but it was my first D&D character (we resumed our old campaign that was suspended when a friend moved), so I need someone to share it with.

We're facing off against a demon lord as a bunch of high-powered lvl19 characters.  The first time, we go in unprepared, just us against him.  It's a tough fight, pretty even all-around.  Our party goes from four down to two, one unconscious, one dead.  The biggest problem is this guy can Heal himself by simply chopping down a tree, and we're in a forest.  So, being the band-aid box and seeing what looks to me to be a fairly hopeless situation, I decide to miracle our way out of there.  That was my biggest mistake; I learned later that we almost had him killed.  We all get out, and we're able to resurrect the dead guy (my deity even provided a bucket for his remains).  We then try again, this time prepared, buffed out the wazoo.  Unfortunately, the demon also took time to prepare.  He was waiting for us when we teleported in.  Two gargantuan giants and a balor quickly surrounded us and pounded us with quite a bit of damage.  The demon lord also apparently has Quickened Greater Dispel Magic, so there goes the buffs.  I'm the first to go down, so there goes the healing.  The wizard tries to help my unconscious form, and dies from attacks of opportunity while doing so; there goes our ticket out of there.  The monkadin gets off a glorious hastened flurry of smiting blows, and the balor goes down.  He and the barbarian turn and mount a suicidal charge on the demon lord.  The monkadin gets off one hit, but the giants focus their fire on him, so there goes the main DPS.  The barbarian tries to soak up as much damage as he could.  He ends up getting two full attacks off, but doesn't last long with the two giants and the demon lord smashing him up, so the tank is the last to fall.  Our only consolation was that we hid the McGuffin well enough that the demon could never complete his fiendish plans.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: December 26, 2011, 01:03:08 am »

It turns out the little bit of water below the College of Winterhold isn't deep enough to survive a long fall...

Skyrim.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: December 26, 2011, 01:04:37 am »

Spelunky, enough said.
Well this specific time involved a giant yeti.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: December 26, 2011, 02:46:55 am »

My super buff valkarie was doing his home quest, and having cut a swath through hordes of fire giants (and then tinning and eating them), had gotten to the final level, it starts out alright, me going in and killing all the fire giants in 1-3 hits, and due to my speed+invisibility, they usually don't even manage to hit be once before I thrash them. Get on the drawbridge, and start pummeling some giants, one comes and shoots a wand of ice at me, it reflects and kills him. Then at 101/127 health ( I don't think my char has ever taken more then 20 damage in one turn from a fire giant), my char instantly dies.
WAIT WHAT!
Turns out if a drawbridge is destroyed while you are standing on it, you instantly die a unavoidable death.

I would have been fine if it had been my fault somehow, and it hadn't been something insanely obscure, but really? really?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 1575