Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2374323 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #4440 on: December 26, 2011, 01:49:49 pm »

I'll try it another time.

Anyway, I got confident, ran into Boomer property, and got juggled around by bombs. How am I supposed to befriend them?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: December 26, 2011, 01:56:52 pm »

By making it to the gates in the first place.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: December 26, 2011, 02:00:35 pm »

I recommend a shitload of healing items and just gunning straight for the chain-link fence surrounding their compound; while you're near it they won't shoot at you, so you can navigate to their entrance once you're at the fence. I've never been able to make it without using a few doctor bags and a lot of healing. :\

On-topic: Tower of Greed, I hate you so much with your damn pogo-demons that keep knocking me off-screen. :C
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: December 26, 2011, 02:05:13 pm »

"Ooh, I'll just search this Falmer corpse for go- *THUNK* *falls over dead*"

Skyrim.

Zyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: December 26, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »

Leaders were too busy arguing about whether to retreat and hide in the garage or to have a final charge(Also, threatening to demote the other),and everyone ended up running in short circles pannicing or shooting at them and then being killed because there was no cover ,as the leaders (Who happened to get better weaponry and increased health) didn't notice and continued arguing.Then laser to the face while jumping at a raider with a sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4445 on: December 26, 2011, 04:18:55 pm »

I'll try it another time.

Anyway, I got confident, ran into Boomer property, and got juggled around by bombs. How am I supposed to befriend them?

Stick to the walls of the buildings/under cover as much as you can and work your way closer.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: December 26, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »

Or just use the tunnel
*Hugs*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: December 26, 2011, 04:40:13 pm »

Ha that horse lancer saw me.  Haha! Charge!  He is surely no match for my 250 polearm skill!

*take an arrow to the knee and raise my lance from the hitstun*
Motherfu-
*enemy horse lancer stabs me with his lance while riding by before I get my own lance back down or my shield up*

I did watch him get pulled off his horse and beaten to death by Huscarls while I was spectating though, that made my gaping lance wound feel better for a bit.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: December 26, 2011, 04:41:31 pm »

Wait you were supposed to talk to her TWICE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAGEQUIT
Cave Story
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4449 on: December 26, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

Or just use the tunnel

There's a tunnel? Where?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: December 26, 2011, 05:03:16 pm »

There's a railroad tunnel south-east of Raul's shack, you can get through there and it drops you off really close to the fence.
*Hugs*

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: December 26, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »

I think it requires a key, though, and I don't know where to get it. Either that or the tunnel you're talking about and the subway aren't the same thing. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: December 26, 2011, 06:22:26 pm »

Smashed by an orc with an axe that would've been pathetically weak, were it not for the damage health enchantment on it...(Morrowind)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: December 26, 2011, 07:20:42 pm »

I think it requires a key, though, and I don't know where to get it. Either that or the tunnel you're talking about and the subway aren't the same thing. ^^^;
It's a 100 skill pickable lock, IIRC.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:22:15 pm by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: December 26, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »

Couple of my latest deaths worth mentioning...all of them easily avoidable, me and my overconfidence, I suppose.

First of all, I was a horse archer and I always ran ahead of my slow nords to mess with the enemy, we were fighting looters, cue my character dismounting just as about 9 looters maul me, ow. Thats what I get for taking that one last headshot attempt.

Second of all, seeing how deadly the slaver guards were after having not saved for awhile

Finally, and latest, me getting swarmed by unexpected enemy spawns in the tutorial death rift at the end (I am rustier at MMORPGS then I thought, and usually tutorials are more forgiving, I was wrong about this one.)

First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1575