Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376315 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #3750 on: October 10, 2011, 04:27:03 pm »

Torn apart by a pack of giant nix hounds after disembarking from my ship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Habhurbleharbllelluh...

*faint*

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: October 10, 2011, 05:17:20 pm »

40.. GB.. of mods..  :o

:o indeed. Frankly, I'm amazed you avoided crashes long enough for an interesting death to happen!  :P

As long as your mods don't conflict and your CPUs allows, you can get by mostly scotch free. I do tend to to crash once every few hours or so like clock-work, but that can be avoided by a quick save and restart. Figuring out which mods totally botch the game to hell when they are run simultaneously, they was the hard part.

Most recent death: A bloody seagull that got between me and one of those Nix hounds. Darned waterlife add-ons are a wee bit OP...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 10, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »

A seagull? As in, those birds from Finding Nemo? They killed you?
Damn  :o

Most recent death, after building a beacon:
"Hmm, what would be the fastest way down? I think I can land in that pool of water and avoid fall damage!"
Nope. *SPLAT*

Minecraft
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: October 10, 2011, 11:07:10 pm »

Exploded by a giant mechanical scorpion that shoots nuclear lasers.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: October 10, 2011, 11:24:38 pm »

Exploded by a giant mechanical scorpion that shoots nuclear lasers.

NV is so... good. Not as terrifying as F3 (which is good, because I'm a "Nope" type of guy), and there is such an abundance of things to do, especially for your typical ambivalent wasteland mercenary. No more being forced into hero roles!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: October 11, 2011, 01:42:45 am »

40.. GB.. of mods..  :o

:o indeed. Frankly, I'm amazed you avoided crashes long enough for an interesting death to happen!  :P

As long as your mods don't conflict and your CPUs allows, you can get by mostly scotch free. I do tend to to crash once every few hours or so like clock-work, but that can be avoided by a quick save and restart. Figuring out which mods totally botch the game to hell when they are run simultaneously, they was the hard part.

Most recent death: A bloody seagull that got between me and one of those Nix hounds. Darned waterlife add-ons are a wee bit OP...

And that crash sounds like the one that's in vanilla Morrowind, not from any mods. I think it only happens if you go a long period without saving, if it is the same bug I'm thinking of.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:32 am »

First thing I always produce in a village: 1 troop of Spearmen. And then I just rain magical destruction on any trespassers.

Created a new species in Shores of Hazeron.
They put megabeasts back in?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: October 11, 2011, 11:53:15 am »

@ Akura: No idea. I don't really read the updates  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:06 pm »

Our aircrews had just finished shooting down the huge UFO which threatened our city. My squad was chosen to be the first to assault the UFO, entering from the sewers, as the craft was so large the egress the aliens would have used had been driven underground by the weight. By the time we arrived, these blue humanoids were scouting out the sewers just outside the newly cleared doors. We took them out using the Biological Weapons developed by the eggheads back at HQ, and salvaged what equipment we could use from the remains. Shortly afterwards, the door to the alien craft opens again, and a small, 8 armed device sailed out. Squad Leader Scott White picked it up and hurled it back into the ship, where it exploded, bringing down some of the nearby walls. Just afterwards, some kind of pink missile came out of the smoke left by the detonation, striking Scott squarely in the midriff and exploding, engulfing us all in a huge explosion. We were fine, but we knew from the shower of sparks coming from Scott's backpack that his personal shield was down. He handed control of the squad to Neil Thompson, and quickly exited the combat area.

We moved forwards; we couldn't see what had shot at Scott, but we knew that any more missiles like that would likely short out our shields too, and our armour couldn't stand up to Alien weaponry of that calibre. We had to neutralise it before it neutralised us. Unfortunately, all that got us was another missile, this one only weakening the remaining shields of the group, then another, completely stripping us all of the only protection we had. Neil quickly signalled the retreat; the squads coming up in support would take care of it, all that mattered now for us was escaping before another of those missiles could get us. I turned to run, but I heard the sound of another launch behind us, closely followed by a scream from Isao Watson as the missile hit him in the back. This one was different though, instead of exploding, it covered him in a sticky substance, which quickly began melting through his armour. He stripped off, grenades and ammunition going first, then any armour pieces which had been in contact with the foul goo. Another launch, and I felt something strike me in the leg, then the warmth of the substance as it ate through metal to get at me. I followed Isao's example, stripping off my armour, dropping explosives even as I ran for the exit. Then yet another launch, but this one was a repeat of the first few; a fiery conflagration which engulfed our unarmoured bodies and tore us to shreds.

Game was Xcom Apocalypse. The first squad to reach the entrance to the Alien Battleship met a few Megaspawn and Anthropods with Enzyme Launchers. They coordinated very well, to be honest.

I managed to capture one of those Megaspawn, though. It was the last Alien I needed for the last Toxin.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:19:30 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: October 11, 2011, 12:50:00 pm »

That 8-armed device, a Dimension Mine? Fun bombs. Good job throwing it back.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: October 11, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »

Yeah, that was a dimensional bomb thing. Aliens don't seem to use the Impact setting for 'Nades, so there's usually a bit of leeway with those things, at least if you spot them beforehand. And, as they can 1 hit a guy in Megapol armour, that's a lifesaver.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: October 11, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »

(Text of AWESOME!)

I own this game, WHY HAVE I NEVER PLAYED IT!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: October 11, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »

My level 34 Orc Warrior was ripped to shreds by a pack of panthers, and his armor did nothing to help. I mean, yeah, he did defeat the god of Order in single combat, he defeated an insane and supposedly immortal head of the Mythic Dawn, he died and arose back to life to defeat Umaril the Unfeathered, high above the Imperial City... but he was taken down by a pack of black panthers.

(Seriously. Staggered with every hit, each hit dealing ~25 dmg when my hp was about 350. Killed one, ran out of fatigue, drank the 'Strong Potions of Healing' i had left, died anyway. 97 blade, 100 heavy armor... shouldn't take that much damage either... was wearing modded armour as well as an amulet that shielded 20% for a total of 85% armor rating...)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: October 11, 2011, 06:14:00 pm »

Oh my god, I hate that. You face a pack of relatively easy creatures to beat (like, mince them in <20 seconds) and they just constantly make you stagger and rip you to shreds. It's the paralyzing eye trap from Elona all over again.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: October 11, 2011, 07:00:17 pm »

Yeah, these creatures were from Martigen's Monster Mod. They were insanely nimble so my 2h had little chance of hitting them too, as well as a metric shit-tonne of HP, and they fled whenever they got low on hp so i'd focus on the other ones and then get staggered again...

My mind boggles. I can understand being brought low by a collection of vampires (Fighting six vampires at once, including one Patriarch) and coming out somewhat unscathed, but ripped to shreds by absurdly powerful PANTHERS?
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 1575