Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375916 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18465 on: December 28, 2016, 12:05:01 am »

I took on the Flying E4 member first. I led with an Electric-type, but I wasn't counting on them leading with a part-Ground type. The resulting switch I had to make ultimately led to half my team getting wiped. I didn't think to restock on Revives and met my untimely end against the Rock user two battles later.

Pokémon Sun.

This game is easily the hardest Pokémon game since maybe 3rd gen, and I love it--Game Freak finally took the jump from making most peoples' strategies "random flailing" with a couple of unusually hard trainers here and there (e.g. double battle involving a Slaking ability swap, Wally the competitive-level superboss) to giving everybody a little bit of an AI boost and giving basically all the bosses some kind of trick strategy somewhere in their lineup, even just little things like allowing them to make tactical switches. Frankly, the improved AI alone makes playing through the story more fun than most of the other games.
Err, I hate to ask, but which Ground-type Pokemon does she use?  I don't remember Kahili having any ground-types in the original battle or any of the rematches I've had so far with her. 
...I'm not sure how I misremembered this :v

Looking at her list, I think that I led with my starter, a Primarina, expecting to wipe her team with Ice Beam, but she led with Skarmory.

I suppose I must've somehow conflated my battle against Kahili with my battle against Olivia... :/
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: December 28, 2016, 04:45:19 am »

I didn't know I was going to be switching sides this late, so I ended up with a quest outcome that I really don't like in retrospect. I did this quest 4+ hours of gameplay ago and completed several storylines since then, so I'm going to have to see if I can kludge it with the console.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fallout: New Vegas.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: December 28, 2016, 05:15:36 am »

Agreed, particularly after FO3's twist.  I know people don't like the game, but I liked that twist and how it plays into Mr House.

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: December 28, 2016, 06:28:44 am »

I think my character just decided they could do Mr. House's plan better than Mr. House could. I don't think that's the intent behind the Wildcard ending, but then I'm not there yet. :P

In other news: Legate Lanius? Utter bullshit. His HP eats missiles for breakfast. He starts the fight with three Praetorian Guard on his side, which are probably the toughest Legion enemies besides himself. Then, if you somehow survive long enough to get him to half health, he'll run away and summon more like it's a thing to do. Not just melee enemies either, which could conceivably be kited if you had infinite HP to get punched around all day; he summons marksmen on rocks far above the battlefield, where it's almost impossible to kill them quickly.

I think I might have to do the DLC and come back to the endgame some other time.

FONV.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: December 28, 2016, 02:18:22 pm »

I left all my valuables in my base and went over to the aurora on a hunt for a reaper leviathan.  All I had with me was a seaglide, a spare battery and the scanner.  My plan was to do a suicide scan.

I was doing pretty good staying inside the leviathan's turning radius.  I got hit once but it was a glancing hit, so while I took a good 90% health in damage it didn't grab me properly to eat me and instakill.  90% scanning and it pulls away, probably to get another good straight on swim at me.  And it runs into one of the rocks behind the aurora (I was back by the engines).

For some reason there is immediately some kind of physics glitch and the reaper leviathan is launched straight up like a bandit hit by a skyrim giant.  It flies FAR into the sky, to the point where I can barely make the thing out before it comes back towards the ocean.  Landing back in the ocean extremely far away.  Probably somewhere in the void.

On my way back to base I get distracted searching a wreck for blueprints and get finished off by something I didn't see,  Probably a sand shark.

Subnautica
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: December 28, 2016, 03:11:25 pm »

I, the Khan of Yabadabadoo (or something like that, I really only judge by color), was busily invading Rome so that I might settle my clan there, when suddenly my carriage took a decidedly not delightful turn off a cliff. My only heir was a little girl, so my Khanate was lost to one of my rival clans.
Unfortunately for him, however, my dynasty has been Khan for a while. And a good Khan always keeps the best land for herself...
If you put your ear to the ground and you know what you're listening for, you might be able to make out the sound of ten thousand horses approaching Kiev.  Meanwhile, the current Khan's three thousand weak and effeminate clannies are biding their time, waiting for the end.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: December 28, 2016, 03:21:12 pm »

Electroram is bullshit.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: December 29, 2016, 02:45:26 am »

rimworld
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: December 29, 2016, 07:14:52 am »

I happened across some Legionary assassins. Even though I was wearing metal armor and a helmet in good condition, they still have absurd DPS and chewed through my health in no time. I couldn't even use a Stimpack, since the Pip-Boy only seems to come up every second or third time I hit the button in combat. Same with VATS.

Still not as frequent or death-causing as Skyrim's "You can't shout because game says no" glitches.

Not to mention that you can't even prepare for them since they spawn so close to you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: December 29, 2016, 09:59:06 am »

Walked a few rooms in, even before anything actually happened, and realized I really don't think I'm brave enough for this game, and exited.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:08 am »

I happened across some Legionary assassins. Even though I was wearing metal armor and a helmet in good condition, they still have absurd DPS and chewed through my health in no time. I couldn't even use a Stimpack, since the Pip-Boy only seems to come up every second or third time I hit the button in combat. Same with VATS.

Still not as frequent or death-causing as Skyrim's "You can't shout because game says no" glitches.

Not to mention that you can't even prepare for them since they spawn so close to you.
I still hate how much damage reduction their armor has despite leaving the arms and legs bare.  I ragequit my first playthrough because I thought automatic weapons would be practical, but the 10mm smg was like a squirtgun against them.  S'all about the Big Iron in that game.

Death...  Well I finally sold my soul in Fallen London, and turns out I didn't read the fine print.  My plan to get it right back didn't work out.  Hopefully I'm being used to run a steamship or something.  I don't plan to find out what happens if my body dies before I get it back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: December 30, 2016, 08:43:50 am »

"Let's see about creeping by the locals, shall we?" chided Dean Domino, as he charged to battle the three Ghost People that were standing right in front of us when the area loaded in.

If you're going to force a stealth section, fine, but you have to place the enemies in such a way that stealth is actually an option. And if you can force my companions to stop following me, then you can be nice enough to switch the "passive" option on the character that's constantly telling me to be more stealthy.

I like this DLC's story but holy shit no more awkward first-person stealth in dark areas please.

Fallout: New Vegas, the Dead Money expansion.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18477 on: December 30, 2016, 09:24:42 am »

I didn't think of it much when I got a notice that a man eating pack of bears showed up, just going about my business. Then I zoomed out while paused and saw a veritable wave of brown bears, like 12. I was not ready for that. The only one ready was Vaughn, a former Space Marine (not the 40k type) and the de facto leader of our colony with 18 social to match his 18 shooting who stood against the horde with his assault rifle to distract them while we quickly set up 2 turrets at the main entrance.

He did not make it but the colony lives. He has a superior quality tomb just off the main foyer.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: December 30, 2016, 02:23:21 pm »

i underestimated the africans and lost my entire navy

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile