Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2375985 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #18495 on: January 03, 2017, 02:53:10 pm »

MISSION FAILED

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: January 03, 2017, 03:21:21 pm »

Warframes are supposed to be fast as well as tough and powerful.

And they can be, if you know how.

Spoiler: Vital Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18497 on: January 03, 2017, 05:28:03 pm »

I managed to have a moment of *own* and a moment of death at the same time, and it's not how you would expect.

See, myself, Neeshka, Elenee, and Khelgar were tasked to clear out this warehouse full of douchebags trying to start a civil war or something. I'm a level 7 Pally with a level in rogue, Neeshka is a level 8 rogue, of course, Khelgar is a level 8 fighter, and Elenee is a treehugger elf, so of course she decided to be a druid instead of a proper wizard.

But I digress.

See, clearing out the first few rooms of the warehouse was pretty easy. Thugs are pretty easy in general, and while these guys had quite a few wizards, it's hard to stop a paladin and a dwarf with bigass swords and more than a few points in Tumble from rushing straight past your body screen of club guys and sticking their sword down your throat the wrong way round. Me and Khelgar would rush the thug lyfe wizards, stab them about once, the turn around and deal with the clubbers, who conviently turned their backs on Tiefling bae so she could actually deal some damage. Then we rest for five seconds, get all our spells back, and proceed with the JUSTICEing.

That didn't happen, in this last room.

This room was a bit more crowded than the others, but it didn't look too bad at first. The Club Thugs had swapped out their 2x4 uselessness with some actually slightly dangerous shortswords, which they dual-wielded and presumably held sideways cuz thug lyfe. But I had a plan. There were about 8 of the Drizzt-clone thugs. and only 1 wizard. And I knew the AI; they would relentlessly attack whoever they saw first, unless someone dealt them some serious damage. They wouldn't protect their wizard, if they were busy wailing on someone.

That someone was me.

I distracted 8 thugs, and stood in a corner with health potions on an IV while a red stream of damage rushed out of my head. My health bar looked like it was having an aneurism. But I held them off for 3 full minutes IRL time, and what should have been at least 6 rounds in game before I finally died. Should have been more than enough to kill the wizard and have Neeshka surprise a few thugs here with some backstabs, or Elenee could hit them with a lightning bolt, or Khelgar's Great Cleave could rip them all in half in one swing.

Instead, it was me, being badass, while Neeshka hit the wizard once, not even disrupting the spell he was casting, Elenee cast sunskin (or whatever it's called, fire aura) on herself, despite having a longbow and no enemies nearby, and proceeded to miss every shot she took - at the guys who were attacking ME, and Khelgar...

I'm not sure what happened to Khelgar. I did get an opportunity to take a glance around, and Khelgar was just gone. I don't know where he went, but I do know he died about 5 seconds into the battle, despite being the thickest, brawniest member of the party, and having a shitload of points in Parry as well as your general fighter tankiness and sweet armor.

I died, as Neeshka ineffectually smacked at a wizard with the flat of both her daggers. I died, as our Druid decided to protect herself from non-existant threats instead of following the plan. I died, while Khelgar decided to have an adventure underneath the kitchen sink and drink bleach.

I died following the plan, and so did Neeshka. The Dwarf and the Elf, who have both complained about Tieflings being untrustworthy, managed to do literally nothing for 3 whole minutes, while our demon-blooded thief and cheeki breekii paladin were off being Badass or at least fucking trying.

I still don't know where Khelgar went. If any of you find any strange smells issuing from small holes in your homes, message me. He's a dwarf, so I think I'll bury him in the plane of water.

Neverwinter Nights 2
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: January 04, 2017, 02:03:38 am »

First rule of NWN2: Puppet Mode is a wonderful, wonderful tool for those actually challenging fights. Tweaking spell/buff usage and other behaviour rules can also save a lot of otherwise-wasted resources on fights where you don't need them, even if the party AI management page is an abomination of UI design and has a ridiculous number of options that do very little.

Also, Neeshka for life, even if she doesn't approve of your questionable alignment choices!

On-topic: incinerated in lava. Normally wouldn't happen, since there's literally a button to teleport to safety if you ever take damage from lava... but there's also an achievement for incinerating yourself in the fiery ocean, and I'll be damned if I don't get it. Course, by definition I'm pretty much damned anyways...

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:05:29 am by Thexor »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18499 on: January 04, 2017, 04:18:33 am »

There was a dead end with a hole and an arrow pointing straight down. What the game wants you to do is press B and start a rope-climbing section. What I actually do 90% of time, is jump in the hole and die.

Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18500 on: January 04, 2017, 05:33:37 am »

Course, by definition I'm pretty much damned anyways...

Spoiler: Objection (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: January 04, 2017, 06:18:34 am »

I... really can't find any part of any DLC to say I earnestly dislike besides the difficulty of Old World Blues (because the first time I started it I was ten levels below the recommended). And even though I haven't played Lonesome Road, my ass is totally prepared.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18502 on: January 04, 2017, 07:16:27 am »

I locked myself in the vault. It was a good chuckle; all good RPGs should have an obvious, easily-avoidable bad end that's your own fault for picking it.

FO:NV, Dead Money.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18503 on: January 04, 2017, 07:21:26 am »

[muffled Jingle Jangle Jingle playing inside the vault]
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18504 on: January 04, 2017, 02:50:24 pm »

I'll never like the gameplay of Dead money. It's just not for me. Survival Horror/forced-stealth-bullshit is not my forte. Especially with those fucking radios... But the story of it was really good! A great start for the DLC plotline.

As for Lonesome Road? It's one giant Western Showdown finale to the DLC plot, and it's also RATHER HARD.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18505 on: January 04, 2017, 07:59:33 pm »

I actually really like the ambiance of dead money. The ghost people were cool to fight, and I can't say I ever found it too hard, even severely underleveled.

Honest Hearts, on the other hand, was just dull, and Lonesome Road doesn't workfor me, so by default I'd say I prefer Dead Money to either of those.

OWB is the undisputed king of Fallout DLC, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #18506 on: January 04, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »

I died by pogo stick  :-[
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: January 04, 2017, 08:43:58 pm »

Commander Keen?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #18508 on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »

Minecraft with mods. Godamn latency.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance