Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370728 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15030 on: July 06, 2015, 02:02:42 am »

Got caught in a happy birthday by a Hard AI Squigly. For the uninitiated, a "happy birthday" combo is where a player catches 2 or more of their opponent's fighters in a combo, causing damage to multiple fighters and effectively doubling or tripling their damage output against their opponent.

By the time Squigly dropped the combo she had gotten 30+ hits and killed both my fighters. Squigly plz.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15031 on: July 06, 2015, 07:49:59 pm »

Mass Effect. Kinda irritating that the dialogue options almost never match up with what Shepherd ends up saying.
Can't be worse than LA Noire though, right? Like, something'll be a bit unclear so you'll doubt the statement and then Mr Professional Detective goes off on a new widow about how she's a liar and is making a big coverup.
That isn't what doubt means at all!

Even better imo is when you accuse them of lying, call them names, go on a long rant about something completely random and unrelated and absurdly improbable while insulting and belittling them.......

and then you press to back out and he's just like "oh, my mistake" and there's absolutely no penalty or negative reaction at all.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15032 on: July 06, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

Re-entering the Kerbal atmosphere at about Mach 3, instead of pressing z to fire my rapid deceleration engines I pressed the space bar and deployed my parachutes.

Now that KSP has an new areodynamic model I find it much more fun.

Kerbal Space Program
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15033 on: July 06, 2015, 11:35:11 pm »

Tails' stages are stupid and impossible to control. No further explanation needed.

EDIT:

In Crazy Gadget, there's a section where you have three levers that affect the gravity: two switches that make gravity pull right and left, and one that resets it to normal (you enter the room with gravity upside-down). It turns out, resetting the gravity to normal results in instant unavoidable death as the bottom of the room is just an open void, which you can't see because there's no way to make the camera look up or down.

Sonic Adventure 2.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:06:19 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15034 on: July 07, 2015, 12:22:45 pm »

Not me, but pretty hilarious.

Was playing MTG on Cockatrice with Sky and Dutchling.
Dutchling takes his self-made, untested all-spell deck.
After a few turns he has two cards in play that double all his spells, so each spell is triple.
He then plays Epic Experiment with 9 mana, which is played three times. He gets two extra turns.
He plays /another/ epic experiment, and consequently mills himself to death.
Me and Sky were just watching in horror and confusion at the spectacle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15035 on: July 07, 2015, 12:35:16 pm »

Oh, hey, the Eye got a new attack, sort of a blur-dash where it effectively cannot be damaged.  I'll just hit it when it's cooling off before it charges back in.  Alright, and it's down to less than 100 HP, and looks like it's...it's not stopping.  Why won't it stop dashing?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15036 on: July 07, 2015, 12:42:52 pm »

Electrical fault started a big fire in my greenhouse. No issue right, just send everyone to put out the fire and call it a day huh? Well I forgot to put any sort of temperature control on the greenhouse, and the room quickly shot up to over 500 degrees Celsius, causing anyone to enter the building to pass out and burn to death-which was everyone. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:32:02 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15037 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:52 pm »

Not me, but pretty hilarious.

Was playing MTG on Cockatrice with Sky and Dutchling.
Dutchling takes his self-made, untested all-spell deck.
After a few turns he has two cards in play that double all his spells, so each spell is triple.
He then plays Epic Experiment with 9 mana, which is played three times. He gets two extra turns.
He plays /another/ epic experiment, and consequently mills himself to death.
Me and Sky were just watching in horror and confusion at the spectacle.

That's absolutely hilarious!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15038 on: July 07, 2015, 03:52:14 pm »

New Skullgirls update dropped. Robo-Neko Robo-Fortune now appears in arcade mode matches. I am unfamiliar with fighting Robo-Fortune, especially on Hard difficulty.

Cue lots of lasers and explosions metaphorically melting my face off and ending an arcade run.

Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15039 on: July 07, 2015, 05:06:45 pm »

Spotted a group of thin men.  Fortunately I was prepared for this, as I had just reloaded the level out of frustration.  Moved my soldier back to the other three, who were all on overwatch.  On a roof.

Thin man charges along the ground.  Sniper misses, assault hits but deals 2 damage.  Thin man shoots up at the skylight and crit-kills my assault despite her cover.  Rage-quit the game.

XCOM (trying classic instead of normal ironman.  Way too frustrating, probably still gets super easy later too.  If anything I should be retrying Long War, where at least it's up front about the BS and losing fights is supposedly recoverable)

The reason I reloaded before was that I dashed to the VIP after supposedly clearing the map, but apparently forgot that being on the circle isn't enough to contact him.  Have to be within the circle, literally adjacent I guess.  A thin man had been hiding nearby and crit-killed the soldier.  Then Bradford started going on about how there was a life sign nearby, maybe I should go find it.  Raaage. 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15040 on: July 09, 2015, 12:15:21 am »

I didn't die; I quit the game in frustration. A Rouge level, three bloody Eggman levels, then another Rouge level. Rouge's levels are just worse versions of Knuckles' stages, and Eggman is exactly as boring as Tails. I'm about at the halfway point of the Dark Story and there's been a grand total of two Shadow levels, making those the only two good levels so far (one of which is just a boss from the Hero story).

Sonic Adventure 2. I'm not sure why this is considered the best 3D Sonic; even SA1 was better than this by a wide margin, IMO.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #15041 on: July 09, 2015, 01:52:43 am »

Sonic Adventure 2. I'm not sure why this is considered the best 3D Sonic; even SA1 was better than this by a wide margin, IMO.
Ha, like there's a "best" 3d sonic.  Your posts remind me of when I played it, and had the same complaints and frustrations.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15042 on: July 09, 2015, 02:45:26 am »

While flawed and janky, I actually had some kind of fun playing Sonic Adventure 1. SA2 is just kind of a mess with very few of the redeeming qualities that SA1 had.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15043 on: July 09, 2015, 07:41:37 am »

Call me crazy but I actually kind of liked sonic generations.  Maybe because it was my first real sonic game in a long while and my only real experience with the 3d sonic games was Sonic Riders.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15044 on: July 09, 2015, 11:13:46 am »

wasn't sonic generations good?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 1001 1002 [1003] 1004 1005 ... 1575