Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370983 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15015 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:46 am »

My defenders got caught in a nook with a guy with molotovs, setting them all on fire and generally knocking them down before I can beat off the rush. All my guys got kidnapped or killed :(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: July 03, 2015, 01:30:00 pm »

In recent news:

I was creeping through some tunnel with mirelurks to Meresti Station, saving often along the way. When I heard a click, I reflexively saved. Turns out, the click was a grenade. Which can instakill me. And on load it explodes before I can do anything.

I loaded back the autosave on entering the area.

Update:

Same game as above.

I decided to create a new, cheated character for relaxation purposes. All stats 10, except endurance, 190 hp. Using reinforced Talon Company armour. Weapon skills 100. (I made my SPECIALs all 9, then used cybernetics [from Project Nevada] to get those 10s). I mainly use melee, because knocking down enemies is hilarious.
I was walking to Vault 92 to retrieve a violin. Suddenly, I hear combat music. Reflexively, I turn around and see a DEATHCLAW jumping at me. In the Capital Wasteland. I instantly die. No matter, I was ambushed and on not-too-high hp, I guess. Probably the protectron I fought (this is directly after my save)
I reload a not too distant save. I equip a sniper rifle and deal a sneak attack critical headshot. It does 30% dmg. I managed to do 2-3 more shots, then I die.
No problem, no problem. I load back, defeat the protectron, get max hp and save. I use the sniper rifle again, then switch to the Shishkebab. 'llI survive one hit, I'll get enough in to knock it down or kill it, I'm sure. Nope. Instakilled again.

I remember that Deathclaws are quite strong, but this one must be way higher in level than me.

Tried again with plasma rifle. Got it to around 30% hp and survived 3 hits with Med-X.

Finally defeated it with mines. 2 bottlecap mines and 2 frag mines. Its leg got ripped off. The corpse was marked as [EMPTY] and barely gave exp. I consider this another death.

UPDATE2:

Turns out this whole little town near the Vault is full of such Deathclaws. And they can easily run over frag mines without getting damaged. I don't have enough bottlecap mines.
I need at least a minigun or something here. And power armour...

UPDATE3:

Game crashed while trying to open it back (hasn't done this before since I bought it). I think I'm going back to my main, legit save.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:14:50 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

shroobot3000

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastinator Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: July 04, 2015, 04:37:28 pm »

A transport somehow runs past the Kriegsmarine and drops some marines real close to Berlin. And I goofed by having no forces there.

This is only the beginning. We will prepare, we will grow stronger. When the time is right, we will emerge and take our rightful place as the supreme power of the universe!
To be honest, the kids can barely survive step 1 of Project Traumatise-Children, let alone the "Skinny dipping in magma" Phase of the plan.

We need to perfect the main part of the childcare program before we start going all crazy.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: July 04, 2015, 05:39:09 pm »

The first boss in the Hero Story is more difficult than it needs to be. :-\

To elaborate: It's a walking mech thing that turns into a helicopter to attack. When it lands, you're supposed to hop on a box and hit it. However, the boxes are destructible and don't come back after they're destroyed. Also, when the boss is in helicopter form, it shoots a chaingun in a pattern that is very likely to destroy all the boxes in the very first cycle. It's possible to hit it without the boxes, but you're more likely to just hurt yourself because it wasn't vulnerable yet.

Sonic Adventure 2. Nostalgia goggles too stronk
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15019 on: July 04, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »

The Gaping Dragon did not appreciate my attempts to chop it's tail off.
Perhaps I should have leveled my vitality a bit. Normally it's a push-over... perhaps I was being careless.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: July 04, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

Wait, it's possible to chop off it's tail? If so, what do you get?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: July 04, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »

IIRC it's a greataxe that, like all the Dragon weapons, doesn't scale with stats at all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: July 04, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »

Dragon King Greataxe. Starts at 380 damage, upgraded to 570, and is pretty rare in that you can use thigns like spells and resins to upgrade it. Also gives you 20 points of spell and fire resistance.

It needs 50 points of str, so I doubt I'd ever get to use it, but I want it for my collection.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15023 on: July 04, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »

awww, darn. Guess I'm not getting 100% completion on this first run. Anyway speaking about greataxes, what is your favorite greataxe? I love being able to play golf with the corpses of my enemies with the black knight greataxe but I still don't have enough strength to wield it with a shield so I use the sword for golfing purposes instead (I also use it for clearing Sen's fortress).

Anyway, so another dark souls how did I die.

I was fighting Quelaag (also known as lava spider lady) while cursed (I accidentally discovered the "Great Hollow" and its black basilisks). I had failed at this fight horribly plenty of times but this time I was actually making good progress (knocking her down to 1/4 of her health) when the spider turned around and knocked me into a puddle of lava. It didn't even attack me. Its hitbox simply collided with mine and dragged me towards the lava.

I then got staggered by the lava damage, and unable to escape, I burned to death.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15024 on: July 05, 2015, 08:09:18 am »

Clearing out some luxury apartments.  Earlygame, more worried of brainsuckers than anything.  Turn based mode.

Alien turn and one of those big 2 tile worm things pops around a corner into view of my soldiers.  Tales a few slithers(?) forward, and then decides to screw that noise and try to take cover. 

The reaction fire would blot out the sun, and the worm dies.  But unfortunately this is one of those worms that split into 4 smaller worms when they die.  And the worms have full time units, unlike when they usually get spawned it's still the alien's turn, and are within range of my soldiers.

an entire squad of 3 soldiers dies before they run out of tus and the worms get wasted next turn by an explosive autocannon round.

x-com apoc.  The only xcom game where killing an alien with reaction fire can make bad things happen.  (Oh wait, cyberdisks....)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15025 on: July 05, 2015, 08:15:43 am »

awww, darn. Guess I'm not getting 100% completion on this first run. Anyway speaking about greataxes, what is your favorite greataxe? I love being able to play golf with the corpses of my enemies with the black knight greataxe but I still don't have enough strength to wield it with a shield so I use the sword for golfing purposes instead (I also use it for clearing Sen's fortress).

Anyway, so another dark souls how did I die.

I was fighting Quelaag (also known as lava spider lady) while cursed (I accidentally discovered the "Great Hollow" and its black basilisks). I had failed at this fight horribly plenty of times but this time I was actually making good progress (knocking her down to 1/4 of her health) when the spider turned around and knocked me into a puddle of lava. It didn't even attack me. Its hitbox simply collided with mine and dragged me towards the lava.

I then got staggered by the lava damage, and unable to escape, I burned to death.

I've only ever actually used the DKGA and the ordinary greataxe. I found I prefered greatswords and halberds when I'm going the heavy attack route.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15026 on: July 05, 2015, 10:51:44 am »

Spawned myself a full set of survivor gear, an UMP45, and a forklift. Drove around a horde, shooting and ramming everything in sight. Eventually ditched the forklift, and destroyed it by spawning a 500lb bomb and arming it on a timer.

Kept fighting until I got bored/mobbed, and used another 500lb bomb to end it all. And all was ended.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15027 on: July 05, 2015, 12:32:35 pm »

I got surrounded and then went from perfect health to no health while in heavy armor.  This character is soo annoying without a standard attack.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15028 on: July 05, 2015, 02:50:30 pm »

snip
I feel like this is one of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms games, as the marksman recruiting doesn't really fit with any of the others.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15029 on: July 05, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

Evidently, mysterious, bright-red objects with a suspiciously pressure plate-like surfaces on the top sitting above equally suspiciously large veins of rare ore are not, in fact, something you want to right-click.
TL;DR I blew myself up by accident. But I got all the ore, so it's k.
Terraria
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 ... 1575