Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2368995 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14310 on: April 10, 2015, 03:32:06 am »

As a coronary to this

I strongly suspect you meant 'corollary'. The coronaries are myocardial blood vessels, which are... different.

[/language Nazism]

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: April 10, 2015, 03:45:11 am »

On harder difficulties, you can't allow to wait till everyone's infected, you'll have to start slowly killing before that to gain enough DNA. And there's an element of chance, so even a good strategy won't always work.

I've beaten most diseases on hard, by the way.
You totally can.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: April 10, 2015, 03:48:36 am »

Bacteria is easy. Have you tried this with that last one (the bioweapon I think, the one that automatically starts researching cure) on hard?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: April 10, 2015, 05:15:03 am »

Bacteria is easy. Have you tried this with that last one (the bioweapon I think, the one that automatically starts researching cure) on hard?
Nanovirus and no, that's the point of Nanovirus :P  I kind of like it, instead of a killswitch you go for a smooth(er) ramp of deadliness.  Which is kind of weird because the whole "all instances of this disease simultaneously become lethal" arguably only makes sense for nanovirus.

I did hear about a strategy for doing Bioweapon like that, but it was incredibly boring, basically it revolved around starting in a rich country so the disease DIDN'T spread and thus your slowly building severity didn't get you caught.  Never tried it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: April 10, 2015, 07:44:45 am »

Not MY death, but my sim took his girlfriend out on a date to the swimming pool. Girlfriend drowned. OOPS.

Sims 3
That's some date.

You can drown in TS3? I've tried but I think they made sure that you can't have pools full of bloated corpses like in previous installments. Way to kill the fun, EA.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: April 10, 2015, 11:31:08 am »

After a huge increase in the fatality rates of COONT-5 victims, almost the entire world's population was eradicated, except for New Zealand. They became the bastion of humanity, stopping the disease early and having all the infected die off, so there were ~700,000 healthy humans left alive to rebuild.

COONT-5 failed to kill all of mankind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Best way to win with bacteria is to NOT kill anyone at first. Focus on spreading to every corner of the world and delete symptoms as they mutate randomly. Once every nation in the world in infected, go nuts. You'll probably be detected before you can reach global saturation, but cure research should be manageable.
As a coronary to this, the air and water transmission upgrades are extremely effective for stealth infection.  They increase infectiousness but don't increase mutation chance.  So if you don't take any other transmission upgrades, you won't have to pay increasingly large amounts to devolve symptoms.  Well I mean you will, but the disease will mutate so rarely that it doesn't matter.
You don't pay points to devolve as a bacteria, you gain additional points :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14316 on: April 10, 2015, 02:38:52 pm »

I was wondering what the rules were on that.  My best guess was that the devolve rules were more merciful in normal than on brutal.  That's... pretty massively overpowered.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:17 pm »

I find that the simian flu is by far the hardest to do. Zombies are fun though (hordes of millions at a time make quick work of Greenland).

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: April 10, 2015, 06:20:36 pm »

I find that the simian flu is by far the hardest to do. Zombies are fun though (hordes of millions at a time make quick work of Greenland).
I've had Greenland destroyed in a day by migrating a horde of a million Canadian zombies to it. Very satisfying to watch.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: April 10, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »

I must have tried the Necroa virus a dozen times and haven't won once >_>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: April 10, 2015, 11:17:50 pm »

I must have tried the Necroa virus a dozen times and haven't won once >_>
Me neither. Came close several times, but always lost.

That was probably the last couple times I died in a game. Relevant to thread topic.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: April 11, 2015, 01:00:10 am »

I was about to land on a narrow bridge and ski my way to safety after acquiring the enemy flag.

Then the network decided "Nope, you were over here the whole time!" and sent me plummeting to my death.

Tribes: Ascend. That's what I get for assuming that the game would automatically pick the best server :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: April 11, 2015, 03:09:15 am »

Took on a frog twenty times my size, while my meatshield/over-leveled-brother was still two areas back.

It dropped a 'pebble' on my face.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: April 11, 2015, 03:21:17 am »

Zombies are the hardest IMO. I can do Simian 'Flu unless it pulls what I've started referring to as a Canada. That is, summoning a drone seconds after I move the ape camp to another location so I can never truly infect it.

I can do it, but I find it hardest to reliably win with this one on hard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: April 11, 2015, 10:37:21 am »

By Hel's blue nipple, why is humanity so useless? I try to mitigate climate problems, resource shortages, provide generous funding for alternative, cleaner, and more abundant energy sources ON TOP OF funding the continually less profitable extraction of fossil fuels but what do they do? Use up all the oil and then cry and go into a financial crisis over it.
Fucking hell how useless can a society (a group of societies really, and that just makes it worse) even be?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 10:39:57 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1574