Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371021 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #11280 on: March 19, 2014, 10:37:28 pm »

Haha, serves you right for hacking a forkbomb.  :P
It's actually probably a modded map... but now I want to know: What is Cortex Roleplay?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: March 19, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »

It's a roleplaying system on Starcraft 2. It's basically a playable map editor without terraining, with a few extra options (and, sadly, a few things are impossible or incompatible).

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: March 20, 2014, 08:23:40 am »

I put a horadric lutefisk cube inside another cube...while in the pocket dimension. Which caused time and space to completely collapse(along with an amusing message to that effect, complete with a crash to desktop.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: March 20, 2014, 10:39:32 am »

I send two Paladins to attack a single Shaman unit. At the very start of the battle...

"Tlaloc casts Cracks Call"

"Oh, that's not going to do anything, Paladins have Magic Immun-"

*one of the Paladins die*

*What the hell?! Alright I'll just cast Raise Dead and-"

*suddenly remembers that Cracks Call prevents raising*

"Screw this, I'll just retreat and try this again."

"You forces have retreated."
"While retreating, your forces have lost: 1 Paladins."

"..."
*cue angry savescum*

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:08 am »

Didn't get the creatures made in time, as I was trying to build up some coal, so I was unprepared when the fires went down and the enemy creatures killed the villagers.

Impossible Creatures
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: March 20, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »

I send two Paladins to attack a single Shaman unit. At the very start of the battle...

"..."
*cue angry savescum*

That turn-order thing is definitely a cheat, yeah.  I think Crack's Call is supposed to bypass magic immunity though... Yeah, I had to check the wiki:
http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Immunity#Exceptions

It's a special case because even though you click a unit, it's actually targeting the ground beneath them.  Probably my favorite thing about the game is how many little tricks like that there are.

Then again, I'm not the one who lost magic-immune units to a magic attack.  And the shamans slaying the fleeing paladins is just the retreat mechanic being complete nonsense.  For those not familiar with the game, shamans have a weak ranged magical attack which would do exactly nothing to the magic-immune paladins.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: March 21, 2014, 11:57:14 am »

"..."
*cue angry savescum*

That turn-order thing is definitely a cheat, yeah.  I think Crack's Call is supposed to bypass magic immunity though... Yeah, I had to check the wiki:
http://masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Immunity#Exceptions

It's a special case because even though you click a unit, it's actually targeting the ground beneath them.  Probably my favorite thing about the game is how many little tricks like that there are.

Then again, I'm not the one who lost magic-immune units to a magic attack.  And the shamans slaying the fleeing paladins is just the retreat mechanic being complete nonsense.  For those not familiar with the game, shamans have a weak ranged magical attack which would do exactly nothing to the magic-immune paladins.
I have a squadron of epic holy knights blessed with flaming swords of Chaos and immunity from everyone else's sparkly magic and they succumb to mankind's greatest, oldest foe, fucking gravity. ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: March 21, 2014, 02:11:46 pm »

I have a squadron of epic holy knights blessed with flaming swords of Chaos and immunity from everyone else's sparkly magic and they succumb to mankind's greatest, oldest foe, fucking gravity. ::)
Clearly your fault for failing to make them fly as well. :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: March 21, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »

Having a really good run of things, with almost no deaths. I did ragequit at the one wasp thing, before remembering that I didn't actually need to kill it. I go through Ridley's domain, die a few times to that evil acid trap you can't escape without the high-jump boots, which I decided to just substitute with bomb jumping up cliffs (That's probably going to come back to haunt me when escaping the planet, though). Then I got to Ridley himself.
Alright, I thought to myself, I remember this guy's moveset. He hits hard, but he wasn't that dangerous. I just need to fire a few missiles at him and DID HE JUST KILL ME IN TWO HITS?!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: March 21, 2014, 05:20:58 pm »

Wow. Fuck the Librarians. One took a sticky grenade to the face and a full 40-round mag to the head and it STILL didn't die. Oh, and these guys are just fucking EVERYWHERE. On normal too.

Metro 2033
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: March 21, 2014, 05:21:58 pm »

Overcrowded my subway system because the trains didn't move fast enough...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: March 21, 2014, 05:26:59 pm »

Wow. Fuck the Librarians. One took a sticky grenade to the face and a full 40-round mag to the head and it STILL didn't die. Oh, and these guys are just fucking EVERYWHERE. On normal too.

Metro 2033

Ran out of ammo on that level, ended up killing 23 librarians with a knife.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: March 21, 2014, 08:09:40 pm »

Metro 2033

Ran out of ammo on that level, ended up killing 23 librarians with a knife.
You sir, are a god.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: March 21, 2014, 08:19:36 pm »

You know, I didn't realize that dog could make false copies of itself to confuse me. I also didn't think that a shotgun loaded with slugs may have been a poor choice until I had my throat torn out.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I was drunk, too. Wading through radioactive water and drinking a bottle of vodka right before a fight is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:21:57 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: March 21, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »

Sometimes this game is just unforgiving...
Got one-shot by an enemy using an attack that hits ALL party members.  One a single person out of the four survived(but that's beside the point since it was game over cause I died)

Persona 3 Portable - Female protagonist
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 1575