Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369146 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10815 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:23 pm »

xD

Goodness. Reminds me of my first times playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Early levels? Easy work when done by archery.
And then Hello Sigmund! Right next by the corner and we start seeing eye to eye.

He introduced me to his scythe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wound up trying to outrun five hydras at the same time. Swords, y u fail me?

Crawl.
Any ranged weapon works against Hydras/non-cutting, and they don't need to be fire. Fireswords work. :p
Also Holy swords work wonders against Simulacra, if you get that rare level for the orb as I've found out personally..unless they changed it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: January 30, 2014, 10:01:37 pm »

Speaking of Stone Soup, I was having a good run, being decked out in like three different artifacts and wielding a +6, +9 dire dwarven flail, but it came to an end on level 19 when the game lagged and I wound up being beaten to a bloody pulp by a Titanic Slime Creature. Yes, I somehow managed to lag a turn-based game. :u

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: February 01, 2014, 12:11:44 am »

While we're on the subject of Dungeon Crawl, here's my last run. I've picked up a +2 Platemail, a Falchion of Holy Wrath, a Helmet of Intelligence, +1 boots, +1 gauntlets, and a cloak. I'm pretty good to go melee some things, at least for D:3.

I run into a pack of Orcs. No problem, right? Well, the pack happened to contain three priests. Smite, smite, smite, all in one turn, dead. I didn't even get to try to run away, which was the plan anyway. This fucking game, I swear.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: February 01, 2014, 12:15:01 am »

After a somewhat poor running of the tutorial (in which half of my attacks miss somehow), the superhero Minuteman is defeated...by getting hit by a car going maybe 20 mph. I didn't even know the cars could do damage <_<;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: February 01, 2014, 12:33:52 am »

"Hue Hue Hue, I got behind you! You fucking weird leech, tentacle, wall thing. Preapare to get axed!"
"Wait, I'm stuck. I'm stuck. Well I guess I'll just wail on you and move on"
The Leech dies, I'm suddenly propelled into the abyss

A couple of minutes later

"Wow this place isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, 2 of those blowdart snipers everyone complains about just self terminated, I got a spiffy new shield, and a little humanity, I wonder whats this hole in the wall"

WOW_ITS_FUCKING_NOTHING.jpg

"Okay, lets turn ba-"
WHOOPS
YOU DIED

Dark Souls

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: February 01, 2014, 02:17:29 am »

Testing out or new level 10 builds against a level 20 vampire lord.  Finally reach him after slaughtering our way through his thralls, but he's a charismatic sort.  Challenges our ogre fighter to one-on-one melee combat.  Since he could clearly destroy us with sorceror spells if he wanted, I (the cleric) just hang out with the sorceror and watch from the doorway.

Melee combat is *complicated*.  So many trips, grapple attacks, stances.  We eventually wander about the mansion setting fires while the DM and the player figure out the rules.

Finally the vampire runs out of blood and goes into a berserk feeding frenzy, critting and killing our fighter.  I figure this is a good time to try out a BS trick with Divine Spell Power.  As the vampire charges us, I burn my 12 remaining turning attempts (as free actions) to empower Hammer of Righteousness.  Due to build choices, I end up casting as level 54.  There's no damage cap on hammer of righteousness.  There's no miss chance.  It's a force effect for 54d8 damage, and the DM let slip that the vampire was down to 12 HP.

"Don't forget he has spell resistance!"  Says the bard character.  We all laugh, I set up the caster check.  I hesitate, then...

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: February 01, 2014, 11:41:15 am »

Got distracted by pizza, then the pirates shot me to death.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: February 01, 2014, 11:55:36 am »

Well, the pack happened to contain three priests. Smite, smite, smite, all in one turn, dead. I didn't even get to try to run away, which was the plan anyway. This fucking game, I swear.

"I'mma gun smite da playuh karakter gud" --Every Orc Priest Ever
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: February 01, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »

Taric + Miss Fortune on bot. All I could do as Ashe was slow them down, and at the midpoint of the match they had the run of the lane for a minute at a time while I was respawning. By the time some teammates had dealt with their own lane and come to help, Taric and MF had already cleared the bottom lane of turrets and were well on their way to destroying our inhibitor. It was a slow and agonizing death by degrees from there.

League of Legends.

EDIT: Jeez Ashe, thanks for leaving me to get ganked and spend half the match in a useless 1v2 back-and-forth with Miss Fortune and Shen.

League of Legends again.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:23:11 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: February 02, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »

Stepped on a two-man switch, the doors locked, and I found myself squaring off against three pike-wielding Moblins and a weird gooey thing. Both of these enemies are incredibly annoying. The gooey thing has to be attacked 4 times to destroy the ooze surrounding its core, and the ooze regenerates very quickly. The Moblins are immune to attacks from the front, so you have to bait out their charge and then flank them. This would be a lot easier if the room I'm trapped in wasn't tiny.

But I persevere. It costs me a couple of respawns, and thus I lose my upgrades, but I manage to kill them all.

The game responds... not by opening the doors, but by instead spawning 5 new bad guys. These guys looked like blue knights. I'd never seen this enemy before, but they blocked almost all my attacks and I had no room to maneuver. With no upgrades, my Rupee count getting low, and no room to evade their attacks, I was forced to quit to the title screen.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:17 pm »

Well, I decided to roll up an Orc Priest,

Things were going wellish for a noob like me. I got a waraxe, a shield, some armor, and a helm. Orcs are beginning to ally themselves with me, though the die almost immediately afterwords. I'm beginning to think I'm on a roll. I run into 3 priests, 2 wizards, and 3 Orc Warriors, one wearing actually armor. The 2 grunts and the wizard turn, but the priest smites me several times, as the armored one kills the grunts.

R.I.P Thrill The Chopper

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:59 pm »

I haven't been in an abandoned mine shaft for a long time... I forgot how jerkish those blue spiders were.

Minecraft

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: February 02, 2014, 05:00:15 pm »

A shapeshifter turned into a firecrab and blasted me with fire. Killed me while bat form me was flying for the stairs. Man.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: February 02, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »

I had deathball of Orcs going. Most were grunts, priests, and wizards. However Milork, my very first convert, was an Orc knight. We descended into the mines.

We converted many of our brethren and slayed many heretical "high priests" My Orc was decked out in a +1 +2 War Axe of Chopping and +2 Platemail. Then I opened a door to a huge mass of elites. Sorcerers, High Priests, and a Commander. Milork, immediately began dueling the commander and his cohorts, while a priest told me to seek cover. I tried smiting from behind the pack, but they were just too many. Milork fell to the flames of Orcish Sorcerers. Enraged, I flew into the fray and tried to slay as many as I could. They summoned beasts from the abyss and I was beaten back to nearest stair case. I got some fresh converts, but I was at dangerously low health. A barely living troll got a lucky strike on me as I sought to regroup and strike again.
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:19 pm »

Rolled a gargoyle fighter, got to lair, and was whipping everything to death with my whip of electrocution. Got to the bottom, ran through the forest....and encountered a vault with an alter of makhleb, filled with tier 4&3 demons. I close the door, run, and get a few of them chasing me, but the sun demon in the mix blasts me to death, even with my ring of fire resistance :/

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 1574