Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369137 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10830 on: February 02, 2014, 08:30:32 pm »

In my fully repaired luxary RV, driving in the feild, and i see in the immediate distance a feild of traps, I chould easily turn away, but i stupidly hand brake, bear in mind im going 70 mph, my back touchs it, and that is where my fuel tank and my entire ammo stock pile is, I died immedaltly, the entire thing wrecked.

Catyclysm DDA, I played that char ofr about 2 weeks.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10831 on: February 02, 2014, 09:52:28 pm »

So my carbine has maybe 50 rounds, but I haven't really upgraded it much. My machinegun has perhaps half a clip left. I'm on bugger-all health and busy running through the Comstock House hoping like hell I don't find too many more of those bastards wearing what looks like freaking SWAT gear.

Naturally I round the corner and am beset upon by four of them. At close range. With shotguns. I manage to stun them when a motherfucking patriot appears. I run like hell, only to find a freaking turret! So there's me, stuck between a turret and a patriot, both robotic, both armed with miniguns.

Awesome sauce.

Bioshock Infinite (Hard mode)
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10832 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:03 pm »

Rolled a gargoyle fighter, got to lair, and was whipping everything to death with my whip of electrocution. Got to the bottom, ran through the forest....and encountered a vault with an alter of makhleb, filled with tier 4&3 demons. I close the door, run, and get a few of them chasing me, but the sun demon in the mix blasts me to death, even with my ring of fire resistance :/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sun Demons are really bad at the level you'd typically clear Lair, and there's always one in the Demon Forest ending, plus all the other nasties and a wizard. I think Demon Forest is the only vault ending with one of those "do you want to open this door" doors in the middle of the forest; I usually just skip the whole thing when I see that.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10833 on: February 02, 2014, 11:12:01 pm »

Doing the Bad Mojo Collection (or w/etf) job.
Can't remember if it was he third or fourth crypt but I hate how you have to not get hit once or you lose regardless.

Sly 2:Band of Theives
Black lives matter.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10834 on: February 03, 2014, 12:47:45 am »

Fucking SNAPPING TURTLE got me while I was tangled in an epic fight with a Kraken

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10835 on: February 03, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »

Fuck Mother Brain and her Zebetites. Could be worse though - I got through the metroids.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10836 on: February 03, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

Fuck Mother Brain and her Zebetites. Could be worse though - I got through the metroids.

If you haven't seen it, there's this run from AGDQ 2014. Made me feel very inadequate with my incomplete 15% Hard run. Here's wishing you luck with yours! :o

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10837 on: February 03, 2014, 07:06:29 pm »

Ctrl-k'd my own ACU, priceless.

Crack-a-lack-a

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10838 on: February 04, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »

Testing a mod in progress. Load up an evil region, because why not. Human blood rains from the sky. Somehow, my entire embark gets infected with lycanthropy, I know not how. Midway through the first month, they all change and slaughter all the livestock, then go after the various zombies on the map. One looses her arm, it reanimates. At the end of the month, they all change back, including the arm. There's no a "very strong" "undead" clone of one of my settlers. Come the middle of next month, everyone changes, including the hostile clone. It gets decapitated by my single trap...

Dwarf Fortress. While I haven't gotten the "game over" screen yet, I consider this embark effectively dead.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10839 on: February 04, 2014, 04:36:00 pm »

Testing a mod in progress. Load up an evil region, because why not. Human blood rains from the sky. Somehow, my entire embark gets infected with lycanthropy, I know not how. Midway through the first month, they all change and slaughter all the livestock, then go after the various zombies on the map. One looses her arm, it reanimates. At the end of the month, they all change back, including the arm. There's no a "very strong" "undead" clone of one of my settlers. Come the middle of next month, everyone changes, including the hostile clone. It gets decapitated by my single trap...

Dwarf Fortress. While I haven't gotten the "game over" screen yet, I consider this embark effectively dead.

I'm curious if the affected dwarves (or whatever mod you're playing makes you) regenerate when they turn, like they do in adventure mode.  You could have a feral, regenerating army of killer dwarves that would never lose limbs.  Productivity would be awful and you'd have to give your livestock their own hermetically sealed rooms, but think of the army!

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10840 on: February 04, 2014, 05:07:31 pm »

After a fellow scientist talked about doing it, I put a bag of holding into another bag of holding. I was not aware about the consequences.
Suddenly singularity.

Should've been some kind of warning in the description or something.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10841 on: February 04, 2014, 05:28:25 pm »

I'm curious if the affected dwarves (or whatever mod you're playing makes you) regenerate when they turn, like they do in adventure mode.  You could have a feral, regenerating army of killer dwarves that would never lose limbs.  Productivity would be awful and you'd have to give your livestock their own hermetically sealed rooms, but think of the army!
You can't not regenerate upon transformation, since the game can't track injuries between forms. I have no way to direct my humans, though, and they only get a brief window in which to do work before they turn into monsters again. The zombie clones (it turns out) aren't actually hostile but they won't do any work.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10842 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:19 pm »

You can't not regenerate upon transformation, since the game can't track injuries between forms. I have no way to direct my humans, though, and they only get a brief window in which to do work before they turn into monsters again. The zombie clones (it turns out) aren't actually hostile but they won't do any work.
Hm...
Lock the dwarves into a sealed room with all of your booze and food, while waiting for a few migrants. The dwarves should optimally have a still and farm plot so that they can sustain themselves when not transformed, but you'd probably be able to survive without until the migrants arrive. Make sure that the exit to the cave is a floodgate, and is connected to the outside of the fort, not the inside (If you do this, you'll probably need to use drawbridges and doors to stop them from entering the fort.). Then, have the new migrants channel a hole in the ceiling for dropping in supplies safely, and let them begin to repopulate the fort with non-lycanthropes. When a siege or the like arrives, open the floodgates and let your wolf-dwarves at them. Bonus points for getting them to train military skills so they can hold there own when not wolves.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10843 on: February 04, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »

Well, the transformation stops their hunger, so they don't need any food. They don't seem to have very good stats in their beast forms, at least not all of them. It's the zombie werewolf clones that have more potential.

I'm not entirely sure what infected them in the first place. Any migrants might just get infected too, though I've sealed the starting 7 in a room.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10844 on: February 04, 2014, 08:12:04 pm »

Goddamn Sand Ninja decided to boot my front gate open and TPK my crew.
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 1574