Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369261 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10785 on: January 26, 2014, 02:27:33 pm »

Got smeeted by an orc priest, despite my being invisible. You'd think being invisible would mean that orc priests can't target you for smitings, but noooooo, apparently I was glowing a bit from using a wand? Dang. Forgot about that.

"I'mma gun smite da playuh karakter gud" --Every Orc Priest Ever

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: January 26, 2014, 02:52:36 pm »

So, I finally make it across the hangar, having gone from full health + overshield to 1 dot of health in the process. I was scavenging for another medpack when I was absolutely destroyed by a pair of hunters.

Halo 1 PC, Truth and Reconciliation on Heroic. The game really drags for a while until you get to Silent Cartographer IMO.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: January 26, 2014, 05:43:08 pm »

I entered the fight with the Core, and noticing the amount of targets, I opted for the Level 3 Blade. As they say, don't bring a knife to a giant-plasma-spewing-monster fight.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: January 26, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »

Playing a mission for Lester (can't remember the name) where you have to steal a plane and land it at an airfield.
Only problem is the plane is surrounded by mooks with assault rifles.
Even with another player, numerous deaths ensued.
GTA: Oline.

Other notable deaths from the same mission:
If you manage to take the plane and fly away, you soon get a text from Lester saying you need to clear the runway before you can land. I decided to ignore that advice.
Shortly after landing and getting stuck on a tree, some friendly men drive up in a van and proceed to one-hit the plane. With a rocket laucher.

Drove over to the airfield to clear it for said other player, I decided to snipe the mooks at the other end of the runway.
BANG
chk-chk
BANG
chk-chk
BANG
chk-*explosion*

Rocket launchers are evidently wonderful sniper rifles.
Black lives matter.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »

I was having a pretty good time of it in Nethack. Granted, it was only about floor 3, but that's still farther than a lot of my games. Soon, I came across a smoky potion. After checking its B/U/C status via pet, I decided to quaff it.
"You disturbed me, fool!"
DYWYPI?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: January 27, 2014, 01:17:29 pm »

I was having a pretty good time of it in Nethack. Granted, it was only about floor 3, but that's still farther than a lot of my games. Soon, I came across a smoky potion. After checking its B/U/C status via pet, I decided to quaff it.
"You disturbed me, fool!"
DYWYPI?

I reached a record recently. 10 YASD in under 15 minutes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: January 27, 2014, 06:50:27 pm »

With everyone else (two medics, two riflemen, a marksman, and an AT soldier (note: this squad was produced out of an error during purchase. One too many medics and I meant to take a sniper instead of a marksman)) dead, it was up to me and my autorifleman to capture the enemy point. I looted my AT soldier's corpse for his rocket launcher and rockets to pop the APC that was prowling around somewhere and started moving back to cover. Once I reach the wall I was hiding behind, I crawl over a low point and make my way to the outpost, about fifty meters ahead. My autorifleman randomly calls out an enemy autorifleman and I turn around to crawl back to cover when he starts firing and kills me. To make it worse, *my* autorifleman (who called him out in the first place) doesn't fire until after I die. I have yet to capture even one point on this game.

Arma 3, Dynamic Universal War System, SP edition.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: January 27, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »

"If you want a vision of the NES version of Battletoads, imagine a wall slamming into a toad face- forever."

Battletoads. I actually unironically enjoy it, even though I've never gotten past the third level where most people ragequit.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10793 on: January 28, 2014, 12:56:57 am »

"If you want a vision of the NES version of Battletoads, imagine a wall slamming into a toad face- forever."

Battletoads. I actually unironically enjoy it, even though I've never gotten past the third level where most people ragequit.

You know, I actually beat that game as a kid, without resorting to cheats on the Sega Genesis. I'm almost afraid to attempt again and spoil my memory of it being a good, albeit flawed/generic game.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:27 am »

I got up to the surfing level, which is the third level again but with changes in height as well. Sixth, I think?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10795 on: January 28, 2014, 01:07:46 am »

Uh, let's see.

1: Plains
2: Descending a pit
3: Turbo Tunnels
4: That ice level
5: Surf level
6: ...The snakes, I think
7: uh
8: dunno. Either this one or the previous one is a fire level I think, although really it's more of a rehash of Turbo Tunnels with planes instead of jetbikes
9: Pretty sure it's the descending the elevator level, or maybe it's ascending. Think it's going down though
10: 99% sure this one is the one in the watery tubes
11: Clinger Winger, which I never beat legitimately due to the fact that 2P literally cannot accelerate fast enough to escape the ball o' death, and I never made it that far from the beginning on my own
12: Tower ascension and final level I think

There may be 13 levels, it's been forever since I played it and this is simply the best my memory can do.

On topic, Algol is a cheap sunuvabitch who delights in backing me up to the edge of the stage, turtling all my attacks, and then ringing me out while I'm still off-balance from an attack. I hate playing as Rock anyway, but I gotta get all the endings, so... :P

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: January 28, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »

"Who DARES tunnel into MY shop!?"

Nethack
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: January 29, 2014, 04:08:27 am »

Any sort of direct fight with Miss Fortune will result in pain. Unless you have an ability with Silence and decent move speed and/or a jump attack, there is no way you will win against her. I spent the entire match being destroyed by her no matter where I went.

League of Legends. I've just been playing against bots, I imagine actual players behind Miss Fortune are even worse...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #10798 on: January 29, 2014, 05:00:08 am »

Went Berserk fighting a bear. Sure it boosts your damage, but I forgot how hard bears hit, and when a skill reduces your def and prot to zero, well....

It didn't go well.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:46 pm »

oh, a dungeon called "Dangerous Cave" ... this is the starting area and i have cleared almost everything else here. how hard can it be.

Enters.

First screen:nice ruins down there ... wait, what monster ... is that a dragon?

Death by Shadow Dragon.

Might and Magic X: Legacy

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 1574