Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372915 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10125 on: November 09, 2013, 01:37:44 am »

That is weird...took me a few seconds to realize that all home systems somehow have more than two inhabitable planets.

Oh, its weirder than that.  Those aren't the homeworlds, that's my empire (which includes most of the former Terran Empire's territory).  There's a lot more map off to the sides.

See that corner with my world next to the Terran worlds?  A megaevent centered around one of the worlds there caused every uninhabitable world within a large radius to become a Class 4 (read: pretty shitty) world.  I was so unprepared for it that I didn't even realize it had happened until a few turns had passed... then I started spamming colony ships on all my worlds.

Prior to that, I had sent a large portion of my armada away (12 frigates, 8 troop transports, 3 constructors) to take over the Korath on the other corner, who had a fleet that could have been toppled by a single one of my shielded ships.  So of course the Thalan and Yor both attack my allies while half my fleet is a way, triggering a galaxy wide war and invading along that front there where you can see all those Thalan and Yor worlds.  Those weren't taken from me BTW, they were colonized in a huge second colony wave that started when ~100 planets were created out of nowhere, all centered on my empire.  While their fleets and transports overwhelmed my horribly outmatched defenses (with the exception of 5 frigates killing about 50 Yor heavy fighters in 2 turns with no casualties, because the Yor were basically a third world power) I said "fuck that" and spammed colony ships like there was no tomorrow.  On each of the colonized worlds I built a starport, and two Torian one per world only structures: the central mine, a very efficient and cheap factory, and the Temple of Memories, which gives 15% approval and influence bonus.  The initial colonies also gave me a lot of military and research points.  I dropped my taxes to make use of my Super Breeder ability on each of them causing their pop to skyrocket, and started spamming military ships.

The end result?  I'm the best at everything civilian.  I have so much local influence that worlds get taken over, and then the occupying government rebels and peacefully joins my empire.  I have the best industry.  I have the best research.  I have 456 BILLION citizens.

Oh, and I have no military except what I build, which then gets taken out by the Thalans with similar losses on their side.  They are a close second in everything civilian, and have a terrifyingly powerful fleet.  For the entire game, they've been incredible at everything, AND had a fleet that could fight the entire galaxy at once.  No idea why.  I took over the Terran's empire (including Earth) more or less JUST so that I could rival the Thalans.  Fortunately for me, my influence is gaining me worlds quickly enough to make up for the worlds I'm losing to invasion, and the second most powerful military (that of the Drath Legion) is allied to me and at war with the Thalans.  So yeah, shit got interesting.  And my turns take really really really long.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10126 on: November 09, 2013, 01:41:20 am »

Research victory.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: November 09, 2013, 01:59:42 am »

Wow, I think you might be right.  I'm at 20% research production right now and still competitive, if I went all in I could probably win before the enemy killed me.

But...but it's new ground.  I've never won that way before.  Doesn't it take like forever?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: November 09, 2013, 02:04:30 am »

Yeah, but it's interesting to do because it's more a hold the base thing than boring research victory.
But yeah it takes progressively longer each thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: November 09, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »

I had the jetpack and the shotgun on floor 3 of the mines. I was all set for a while, and it's all thanks to some amazing luck.

So then I tried to save that woman so I could get extra health and fell on some spikes. Welp. Back to the start, without my jetpack. or shotgun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10130 on: November 09, 2013, 01:08:26 pm »

I find it embarrassing to get killed by Cirno, especially when I'm playing to at least finish the game, let alone with 0 continues. I should know better than to get Cirno'd so easily.

I also shouldn't begin playing within 10 minutes of getting out of bed. Getting Cirno'd twice in one go is just terrible.

First attempt at fighting the AI on Desert Triad:

- What should have been a quick skirmish turned into a meat-grinder stalemate. Eventually, I began winning when my WESPEs and Mimis blow up their HQ, and later their tank factories. I push forward an assault for victory. Then my computer crashes.

- Previous strategy failed when applied a second time. The enemy somehow bypassed my MG42s, and I swear I saw a tank take at least half a dozen AT rounds head-on, including at least one shot from a WESPE, and keep coming.

- Began winning. Their infantry is pinned down under heavy MG fire, and I'm preparing to bring artillery against their fledgling tank force. Then the power in my house goes out.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10131 on: November 09, 2013, 02:21:34 pm »

Apparently winning the Desert Triad holds something valuable enough that someone's actively out to keep you from it.  "'Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

My latest death?  Fighting Ballos again, that smiling asshole is in dire need of his face getting rearranged.  Spamming the "wreck him!" button as fast as possible (blade level 2 is stroooong).   I actually got him down to less than 2% on his last phase and I bite the big one.  My hand was hurting too much after that and I had to take a break.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: November 09, 2013, 04:01:47 pm »

Not so much a death, but an epic fail. I spent 3 complete missions putting together my Dres mission vehichle, complete with a booster section containing a rockomax fuel tank feeding a cluster of 3 NERVAs. I change planes, see that I'm lucky and I don't have to wait long for the Dres window to open....only to find I don't have the delta-v to even make kerbin escape :o. D'oh!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: November 09, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »

Segment 6.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: November 10, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »

Playing Touhou on normal mode, which is an ordeal for me, since I'm horrible at bullet hell games. I get through the first stage alright, only losing one life. In the second stage, I lost one continue credit and two other lives. I finally beat Cirno, and I didn't even manage to get past the midboss of Scarlet Border before losing the last of my lives.
Yeah, I'm horrible at these games.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10135 on: November 10, 2013, 06:44:55 pm »

A huge sprawling Fortress falls to one Wild horse kicking my entire military to death, then moves on to the civies, alas I dont know how to send archers/Crossbowmen up so I basically Died, by A horse.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:21 pm »

If you've played Galactic Civs 2, you should see something very strange about that picture.
I really shoulda seen it earlier, but all I could think of was "The Drengin have more then their homeworld" :P
For some reason they NEVER do anything in my games, they just sit around waiting for death.
Also THAT is a good game of GC2.

Anyway as for my last death...its not so much how...as how much.
88 times. And 3 kills. Over 7 matches.
GOD DAMN I SUCK AT SHOOTERS.

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: November 11, 2013, 01:42:27 am »

This boss battle appeared to be a demonic siege. You had to protect this knight as demons swarmed a keep, you had to knock down ramparts and man some canons. I said "naw fuck that, just horn boost and smack those fuckers with my axe". Then a mushroom paralyzed me as I watched said knight get stabbed in the dick repeatedly by two Kobolds.

Guided Fate Paradox
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: November 11, 2013, 02:03:22 am »

Died to Marie300%, after chipping her slowly down to about 1/4 hp, she started spamming her shadowy-punchy-things and there was naught i could do to get close, let alone build up a Seria.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:48 am »

playing entropia, planet calypso, swunting a puny mob, what one does for not having to spend a dime in that game.....
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1575