Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10649 10650 [10651] 10652 10653 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558599 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159750 on: April 28, 2022, 07:49:47 pm »

"Welcome to our podcast where today we will go over the strengths and weaknesses of this app that isn't finished yet. To provide some balance to this discussion, I've invited local resident contrarian Nenjin."

"I'm not a contrarian."

"Wow, he's even contrarian about being a contrarian. That's SO contrarian, I feel like this will be a great podcast."

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159751 on: April 29, 2022, 11:11:18 pm »

So a few months back I narrowly avoided a bad car crash. I hit a puddle and started skidding out of control, but I was able to right myself through some skillful steering. It was a pretty terrifying experience though. Anyway, just yesterday I had a micro-flashback to that while playing Squad of all things, when I hit a corner too fast in an armored car and started sliding through the grass and then flipping. For just a second while playing the game, I was picturing myself at the wheel of my car losing control. It was a strange sense of momentary panic.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159752 on: April 30, 2022, 09:07:55 am »

Crashing - or almost doing so - changes you.

PTSD is real
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159753 on: April 30, 2022, 02:17:41 pm »

It just feels weird how even when nothing bad truly happened, the mind can still be impacted in such a way. It's not my fault that I started skidding, there was a truck in the oncoming lane, and it was a bend so I couldn't avoid the puddle. Through luck and skill I managed to avoid damage to my car and myself. But even despite everything going as well as it possibly could have, and me being a very stable individual, even a few seconds of terror and helplessness could impact me enough to deal with flashbacks during a fucking video game.

I'm reluctant to call it PTSD because that just has such major connotations with it. To say I have it would make me seem like I'm a lot more damaged than I was. Perhaps I do have a very mild form of PTSD, but I definitely won't walk around saying I do unless it actually becomes a bigger problem.

Brains are weird.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159754 on: April 30, 2022, 05:00:14 pm »

But they do heal when you let them roam.  Juyst let your mind tell you where to go

imo
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159755 on: April 30, 2022, 06:23:15 pm »

My mind only goes bad places if I don't actively stop it and think about something inane and stupid to distract myself like 100%
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #159756 on: April 30, 2022, 06:33:16 pm »

My mind only goes bad places if I don't actively stop it and think about something inane and stupid to distract myself like 100%

Sounds awfully familiar. Can relate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159757 on: April 30, 2022, 09:02:58 pm »

The thing is you don't get to pick which memory is going to be traumatic. Society just gets to decide wether they deem it worth their while. I'm not gonna share my honest thoughts about cars because you "need" "encouragement" from somebody less affected.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159758 on: May 01, 2022, 02:22:13 pm »

I'm... I just can't understand how all these people getting into an MMO economics game can be so oblivious as to how economics games work.  "I tried to make a production order but I don't have the resources to complete the job. How do I get them?"

Like... how can you not know that you need inputs to make outputs? And know that you either need to buy those inputs or make them yourself?  It's in the tutorial even... and even if you accidentally skip the tutorial, there are many online guides...

I'm having a difficult time having grace for these people  :-\
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159759 on: May 05, 2022, 11:29:43 am »

Market is playing Snakes and Shutes today.

There is no up, only limit down
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159760 on: May 05, 2022, 12:22:52 pm »

Short everything!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159761 on: May 05, 2022, 12:28:25 pm »

I came out well.  Not great, but well.  Twitter is literally the only stock, outside of some obscure ones, that held its value.  Even oil fell.  A lot of people became long-term investors in their companies today.

Cash is a position too.

PKs DF Mod!

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159762 on: May 05, 2022, 02:41:22 pm »

I'm... I just can't understand how all these people getting into an MMO economics game can be so oblivious as to how economics games work.  "I tried to make a production order but I don't have the resources to complete the job. How do I get them?"

Like... how can you not know that you need inputs to make outputs? And know that you either need to buy those inputs or make them yourself?  It's in the tutorial even... and even if you accidentally skip the tutorial, there are many online guides...

I'm having a difficult time having grace for these people  :-\

What game is this? I'm always interested in new economic MMOs.

But yeah, people are...shockingly stubborn about not realizing seemingly simple things like this. It was probably in a text box 99% of everyone clicked past.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #159763 on: May 05, 2022, 03:37:52 pm »

I like my housemate well enough, but he's also getting on my nerves. He's repeatedly tried flirting with me despite my very frank-but-necessary statements that

1) I am not gay
                        2) Him flirting makes me uncomfortable.

Not to mention he has a girlfriend, however emotionally distant that particular relationship appears to be.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #159764 on: May 05, 2022, 03:50:43 pm »

Yikes. It's one thing when it's just an acquaintance. But when it's in your living space, that situation doesn't go on for long before real problems come up. Hope they get the message.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 10649 10650 [10651] 10652 10653 ... 11040