Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10651 10652 [10653] 10654 10655 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14558553 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159780 on: May 06, 2022, 05:26:10 pm »

Ah ah ah, squibs are people who are born with little to no magical powers from magical parents. Obviously this is their own fault or possibly that of the parents if they don't have the correct pre-existing social status and they should be shunned, because wizards are still humans and we are all equally awful.

That groundskeeper fellow with the cat is a squib, and I believe its intimated that he's so bitter because of how shitty it was for him to be a squib. Also, both of Hermoine's parents were muggles.

I was once into Harry Potter stuff, you see, and while I may not be able to remember what I had for breakfast I can definitely remember lots of useless nerd minutiae. I'm going to be in a nursing home one day shitting my pants but also screaming at everyone regarding misconceptions about Frodo's extended family tree or some such.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159781 on: May 06, 2022, 05:44:44 pm »

(6 ninjas because dangit my reply was like 98% done when I got an important phone call!  People might start to think I'm not terminally online enough)
So, the state of Washington is announcing a 2019 project, and that's not nearly the most fucked up part of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looking at their other tweets I feel like they meant this in a supportive way?  Like they're trying to reclaim Harry Potter day, heh, and messed up.  Pretty wacky.

The "X" thing is presumably following the USA passport precedent established in 2021: https://www.npr.org/2021/10/27/1049690803/state-department-first-passport-with-nonbinary-gender-x-option
(Wooo, by the way!)

NPR did a radio interview with the person and I remember it as being... not perfect... but fine.  Particularly as a remedial explanation for people like my parents, heh.

I'm fine with X because it represents neither male nor female, if I understand the passport thing correctly.  I may be biased though because that's the version of NB that best describes me.  Maybe I'd feel differently if I had a "positive" gender besides male or female, instead of neither.

Anyway yeah it looks like a mistaken attempt at support, but reading intent on the internet is impossible very easy /s
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159782 on: May 08, 2022, 09:21:15 pm »

Not to derail the conversation, but...Insane Monopoly
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159783 on: May 08, 2022, 09:23:56 pm »

Now instead of the game taking 9 hours to complete, it takes 9 years.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #159784 on: May 08, 2022, 09:25:26 pm »

Honestly debating figuring out how to get it in physical form. I don't have anyone to play with but I want the absurdity of pulling out insane monopoly in my life
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #159785 on: May 09, 2022, 02:56:36 am »

I got banned from Reddit and I'm so pissed.
They absolutely refused to tell me any specifics about why, other than that I supposedly broke their rules multiple times.
If they did it fairly, now I dont have an obvious way to improve.
If they did it unfairly, I can't defend myself, AND now I'm unnecessarily feeling terrible about theoretically being an asshole.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159786 on: May 09, 2022, 05:31:45 am »

"You know what you did!" is a terrible reason given for punishment.
There are 3 options.
A) The person recieving the punishment does indeed know what they are punished for.
B) The person being punished is being punished for something they did not know was forbidden, and still do not know it.
C) The person being punished didn't even do anything wrong.

I'd say that if they refuse to tell you what you are being punished for, assume you did nothing wrong.
If you did something wrong, they could have told you what it was. But they can't tell you what you did if you did not do it.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159787 on: May 09, 2022, 11:07:08 am »

Did you get banned from all of Reddit or just one specific sub? Considering the amount of fucked up places on that site, I’m pretty sure you’d have to have done something pretty extreme to get kicked out.

Sub mods are famously petty though, so if it’s just a sub I wouldn’t take it personally.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159788 on: May 09, 2022, 12:38:38 pm »

Now instead of the game taking 9 hours to complete, it takes 9 years.

I used to think Monopoly took a long time. Then I played with a friend in college whose family played it all the time.  I was destroyed in 30 minutes, not because of giving up, but because he actually won.  Basically, most people just play it "wrong."
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159789 on: May 09, 2022, 02:47:36 pm »

Did you get banned from all of Reddit or just one specific sub? Considering the amount of fucked up places on that site, I’m pretty sure you’d have to have done something pretty extreme to get kicked out.

Sub mods are famously petty though, so if it’s just a sub I wouldn’t take it personally.
Yeah, stuff like jokes on a different subreddit or holding a position a mod doesn't like that has nothing to do with the subreddit (eg. Believing in witchcraft on a hobby sub) can get you banned. If you got banned and they won't tell you why they are probably the ones being assholes.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 03:18:57 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #159790 on: May 09, 2022, 04:19:13 pm »

I know you meant this soothingly, but the message was from reddit itself, not a subreddit and it read
Your account has been permanently suspended for breaking the rules.

Your accounts are now permanently suspended due to multiple, repeated violations of Reddit's content policy.

This is an automated message; responses will not be received by Reddit admins.
I then sent an appeal
to the tune of "What exactly  did I get banned for?" and they responded:
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Reddit admin team.

After investigating, we’ve found that your account was in violation of Reddit’s Content Policy, and your ban remains in place.

To avoid future bans, make sure you read and understand Reddit’s Content Policy, including what’s considered ban evasion.

This is an automated message; responses will not be received by Reddit admins.

Looking at it in the light of day, that both were "automated messages" was probably why they were so terrible at explaining to me what I actually did wrong.

I can think of only two specific reasons for why I might have been permanently suspended.

1. I have gotten into internet fights about LGBT+ rights, either I went too far without realizing, or a biggoted admin saw them and wanted me banned for being pro-LGBT+

2. I did somewhat recently make multiple comments jokingly threatening another users life. Maybe, despite the other user taking it as the joke it was, the admins didnt?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #159791 on: May 09, 2022, 04:34:20 pm »

It could also be a compound of the two. An argumentative user who threatens others' lives.

Accepting one makes it easier to believe the other.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159792 on: May 09, 2022, 05:00:38 pm »

I can think of only two specific reasons for why I might have been permanently suspended.

1. I have gotten into internet fights about LGBT+ rights, either I went too far without realizing, or a biggoted admin saw them and wanted me banned for being pro-LGBT+

2. I did somewhat recently make multiple comments jokingly threatening another users life. Maybe, despite the other user taking it as the joke it was, the admins didnt?

Yeah, threatening the lives of other users probably did it.  I know we all said those things in the past, but you can't get away with that anymore. Not even jokingly.

They openly invite you to create another account and go back into the muck that is reddit.  So, new account, no death threats, Good Luck!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159793 on: May 09, 2022, 07:04:07 pm »

Yea, number 3 seems like the most probable cause.  When in doubt, take it seriously.  Number 2 might help establish a history of abrasiveness too
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159794 on: May 09, 2022, 10:43:21 pm »

Actually, it was probably Number 4 all along...
Pages: 1 ... 10651 10652 [10653] 10654 10655 ... 11040