Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7702 7703 [7704] 7705 7706 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490655 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115545 on: December 18, 2016, 06:50:42 am »

Just think, each and every antivaxxer you've met in your life could have gotten you fatally ill.

I haven't met any.... or at least anyone that claimed to be one.... it's not too frequent in Europe, I think (though it does happen sometimes and make it to the news).

I have met a number of fans of odd alternative treatments. Oddest one to date last week.
Andrew Wakefield, who started the modern anti-vaccination craze (and illegally experimented on children to do so), is British. I've also heard that conservative Christians in some parts of the low countries frequently cause local epidemics.

Of course, for every person who proudly displays that their children are all-natural death vectors and purposely infects them with diseases to "strengthen" them, there are a hundred who quietly avoid some vaccines or refuse to follow up on boosters. And perhaps a thousand who don't disbelieve in vaccines but engage in unfounded questioning like "But can we really trust the doctors to do what's right when they're just out for money?" or are just plain afraid of needles. You've probably met quite a few but didn't know it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115546 on: December 18, 2016, 06:57:27 am »

Ok I have to say this

Air Control is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE Game but it does one thing I almost think is genius

You see the game has a disjointed narrative and basically keeps coming up with events (typically randomly) and strings them altogether.

I kind of want to see a game that does that... except good. Like you defeat someone and it goes "5 hours earlier" :P

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115547 on: December 18, 2016, 07:47:13 am »

I just noticed that lying in the carpet of the corridor are fragments of broken glass.  :o
Vacuum time!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:49:49 am by Edmus »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #115548 on: December 18, 2016, 07:54:09 am »

Ok I have to say this

Air Control is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE Game but it does one thing I almost think is genius

You see the game has a disjointed narrative and basically keeps coming up with events (typically randomly) and strings them altogether.

I kind of want to see a game that does that... except good. Like you defeat someone and it goes "5 hours earlier" :P

I would actually find it amazing to see a game with a little review snippet- "A postmodernist sensation!"

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115550 on: December 18, 2016, 08:10:59 am »

...TFW even the Russians are laughing at you...

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115551 on: December 18, 2016, 01:03:49 pm »

...TFW even the Russians are laughing at you...
What do you mean even

Like we have ever stopped laughing

ахахахахахахахахахахаха

By the way, the title says something like "PIS police ignores death of protester, martyr of KOD - adults only"? What are KOD and PIS?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #115552 on: December 18, 2016, 01:56:47 pm »

By the way, the title says something like "PIS police ignores death of protester, martyr of KOD - adults only"? What are KOD and PIS?
The tile says "PiS Police kills a protester to death, martyr of KOD - adults only". KOD is The Committee for the Defence of Democracy, opposition (supposedly unaffilated but both PO and Nowoczesna (opposition parties) are working with them) organization that is against EVERYTHING PiS (Law and Justice party, right wing Christian conservatives) tries to do. Basically, bunch of SJW that try very hard to prove that PiS is Nazi Party, despite attacking cameramen, being annoying fucks and so on.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115553 on: December 18, 2016, 02:04:52 pm »

Has there ever been a story about a sympathetic german soldier during WW2 who wasn't a Nazi (or at least... wasn't one of the forced drafts)

That actually included how bad the world actually messed over Germany after WW1?

Because I am always surprised when WW2 narratives kind of forget that even without Hitler... Germany was kind of pushed towards war.

IIRC the german navy was mostly not nazified, but they still worked for Hitler because he ran their country, and they still got rekt by Britain.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115554 on: December 18, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »

Because I am always surprised when WW2 narratives kind of forget that even without Hitler... Germany was kind of pushed towards war.
Yeah, Germany had some pretty heavy war reperations put on them.
But you forget that it had basically no infrastructure damage compared to france which got messed up.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115555 on: December 18, 2016, 02:28:41 pm »

Germany was never going to be able to pay the reparations which were demanded of them.

Obligatory prophetic quote:
Quote from: John Maynard Keynes, 1920
I believe that the campaign for securing out of Germany the general costs of the war was one of the most serious acts of political unwisdom for which our statesmen have ever been responsible.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #115556 on: December 18, 2016, 02:29:12 pm »

Found a bong in my basement today. Not sure why it's there or where it's from but it's there.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #115557 on: December 18, 2016, 02:32:26 pm »

Found a bong in my basement today. Not sure why it's there or where it's from but it's there.

Is it legal where you are? Are you gonna use it?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115558 on: December 18, 2016, 02:51:20 pm »

More of a video game wtf than anything.

This game of Victoria 2 NWO has been weird. The People Republic of China loses(like it does every time it seems), Vietnam happens about twenty years early aaand no Korean war. Also, apparently this game's war between Israel and Palestine ended up having Palestine annexed by Jordan. Also, Saudi Arabia is a democracy and is allied with Israel. Also, most of Africa is still held by European powers. I'm not sure if that's accurate, considering the date. I might be putting Africa's complete independence from Europe earlier than it actually was. And finally, Catalonia. That is all :P

http://imgur.com/a/IxCr6

EDIT: Insert Timely Joke.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 03:25:56 pm by Iceblaster »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115559 on: December 18, 2016, 02:52:42 pm »

Do not question the bong. You wouldn't like the answers.

Anyway, forecast is suggesting a cm of rain and over-freezing temperatures this week. Its frankly ridiculous to imagine
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7702 7703 [7704] 7705 7706 ... 11037