Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7701 7702 [7703] 7704 7705 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490773 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115530 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:39 pm »

as a minor wtf: two of my coworkers had leukemia as kids  :o
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115531 on: December 17, 2016, 01:36:21 pm »

I wonder if there's a story behind the SpongeBob trigger, or is it just random?
He sounds a bit squeaky now, it probably was a lot worse in middle or elementary school.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115532 on: December 17, 2016, 04:50:19 pm »

Driving on snowed-over highways to work, the plows only barely starting on them. Surprisingly, there were fewer people driving like idiots, though I did see one car right in front of us spin right off the highway and into the woods.

More than half of my coworkers called out, leaving us with a skeleton crew. Again surprisingly, they went quite smoothly and time passed quickly.

Originally we were going to have the store Christmas party tomorrow evening, but nobody was going to come so they had it this afternoon. It was catered, and everyone was really wanting the fried chicken. I tried some and it tasted... pretty dry and not all that good, honestly. That was surprising.

It's been a day of surprises.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115533 on: December 17, 2016, 05:07:05 pm »

Not sarcasm. I just think that treating the guy that way is kinda shitty, he's obviously developmentally delayed.
If autism were an excuse to be an ass, I'd have far worse mechanisms to cope with stress.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115534 on: December 17, 2016, 10:11:47 pm »

My computer seems to have frozen in the process of restarting during an automatic update. Why must this happen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115535 on: December 17, 2016, 10:20:33 pm »

Microsoft likes to keep things interesting.

In other words, in all that data they're collecting, they found something they did not like. This is obviously your fault, you [insert mildly taboo internet search criteria] lover!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #115536 on: December 17, 2016, 10:27:10 pm »

And here I thought that guide I'd found described all the spyware they were using.

Force-shutdown and restarting it has let it continue the update. So that's cool.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115537 on: December 18, 2016, 04:23:38 am »

Sometimes it just looks like it froze. The first windows 10 update I did took like 4 hours. The more recent ones just take a few minutes though.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115538 on: December 18, 2016, 04:56:17 am »

Every few days, my computer (Windows 8,  basically with7's UI) tries to restart for windows updates, fails to configure, and goes back to the way it was before. Perhaps I should be worried but I just feel blessed for some reason.
One wheel short of a wagon

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115539 on: December 18, 2016, 05:25:43 am »

so, I had to retake the MMR vaccine because the first time around( as a lid) it didnt generate the expected response
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115540 on: December 18, 2016, 05:27:37 am »

Just think, each and every antivaxxer you've met in your life could have gotten you fatally ill.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #115541 on: December 18, 2016, 05:28:12 am »

tbf, repeatedly touching someone even after they've asked you not to is, surprise surprise, kinda shitty

When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything
When you're a star, they don't have time to complain because them and their planet is already disintegrating from proximity to a celestial body.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115542 on: December 18, 2016, 06:01:10 am »

Has there ever been a story about a sympathetic german soldier during WW2 who wasn't a Nazi (or at least... wasn't one of the forced drafts)

That actually included how bad the world actually messed over Germany after WW1?

Because I am always surprised when WW2 narratives kind of forget that even without Hitler... Germany was kind of pushed towards war.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115543 on: December 18, 2016, 06:10:01 am »

Just think, each and every antivaxxer you've met in your life could have gotten you fatally ill.

I haven't met any.... or at least anyone that claimed to be one.... it's not too frequent in Europe, I think (though it does happen sometimes and make it to the news).

I have met a number of fans of odd alternative treatments. Oddest one to date last week.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #115544 on: December 18, 2016, 06:25:58 am »

@Computer weirdness:

A couple months ago, I had my computer decide to lock up completely during a restart. Even the normal power button hard shutdown failed. I ended up having to pop the bottom off and unplug the battery to convince it to wake up again.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 7701 7702 [7703] 7704 7705 ... 11037