Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7700 7701 [7702] 7703 7704 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490806 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #115515 on: December 17, 2016, 01:19:07 am »

Are you twelve?
4 more than that

is this sarcasm?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115516 on: December 17, 2016, 01:21:13 am »

Not sarcasm. I just think that treating the guy that way is kinda shitty, he's obviously developmentally delayed.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115517 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:02 am »

tbf, repeatedly touching someone even after they've asked you not to is, surprise surprise, kinda shitty

being disabled doesn't automatically excuse your behaviours, and going out of your way to coddle someone is not going to help them learn proper social etiquette

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115518 on: December 17, 2016, 01:28:33 am »

tbf, repeatedly touching someone even after they've asked you not to is, surprise surprise, kinda shitty

being disabled doesn't automatically excuse your behaviours, and going out of your way to coddle someone is not going to help them learn proper social etiquette

Oh, absolutely not. What should have happened is that if the guy's that delayed, he should have an aide in the class with him to try and prevent such behaviours that may disrupt other students. But responding by using a word known to cause anguish to the person is juvenile at best, malicious at worst.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115519 on: December 17, 2016, 01:45:01 am »

Seems like a good way to stop someone from poking you.  Better than getting physical back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115520 on: December 17, 2016, 01:49:40 am »

He does (kind of) have an aide in the classroom. There's a... I don't really know what she does, but she's an adult that sits through the teacher's lessons, and helps her deal with the class. I think she's an aspiring teacher but I haven't seen anyone have a role like she does. She mostly just deals with the autistic kid's messiness and occasional cluelessness.

The teacher herself even tries to avoid dealing with him, which leads to him calling her name repeatedly and her responding very annoyed to just about everything he does, so I think she intentionally ignores him. I don't think she would have been much help, since I just see her telling him to stop and scolding him, then going back to ignoring him as he goes to do it again the next day.

Good thing is, I probably won't have to deal with it for the remainder of the school year, It was my last period of the semester in that class and she only ever moves seats every nine weeks. But then it'll be some other sorry bastard that's forced to sit with him for two and a half months.

Seems like a good way to stop someone from poking you.  Better than getting physical back.
Oh trust me, I thought about pushing him out of his chair (he crouches in it, and has to hold onto the desk to not tip over) for weeks since being sat next to him. It's only at the end of my time with him that I get him to stop messing with me.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #115521 on: December 17, 2016, 02:02:33 am »

I am quite unsure what to do about myself and this experience. I like being nice, but being a dick just gets better results sometimes.
Communication is a lot more flexible than what had happened; that last sentence doesn't apply to many scenarios because it's how you say things that matters a lot more--it just seems that way because of what's being observed in the current time. But those better results come out moreso, only for you. Being a dick to get better results only happens if there wasn't a thought in mind about anything better, in that context. :-\

Do not reinforce something that causes a negative feedback loop (as in, what 'triggers' him and causes him to react badly) to stop something you don't like if it's how he acts in a benign way; everyone around anyone is an influence to them, and while you may give an impression of 'this is how people may act if you do this', you're also in a place which can influence him for the better--if there's any class aide present, work with them or alongside them since you'll be in his current vicinity to approach. Alongside telling anyone not to do such things, you can follow it up with telling them what they can do to approach you.

He does (kind of) have an aide in the classroom. There's a... I don't really know what she does, but she's an adult that sits through the teacher's lessons, and helps her deal with the class. I think she's an aspiring teacher but I haven't seen anyone have a role like she does. She mostly just deals with the autistic kid's messiness and occasional cluelessness.
Depending on the style being used there, they're present to help them through studies, but also in general to help others with them; it's the theme of inclusiveness and inclusive education--it involves other people too other than just them. (Along with the general note of collaborating with Gen. Education teachers in how to treat students, etc).
But anyway--it's how you handle these that matter, how you think about handling these, rather. Looking down on others in dealing with actions that he does won't help you or how you'll be handling anything similar to that in the future. It may subtly come off as if that's all you could've done with what you had at the time.

are these actual words or are you all aliens with weird alien anatomy
This is why I was very into studying anatomy and physiology (and many other things with latin/greek, or other origins) It didn't sound like common english \o/
...And that many of such things are also named after people. :P That was the rather 'more' difficult part to memorize. But fun all around.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:35:15 am by Tiruin »

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115522 on: December 17, 2016, 03:47:36 am »

I wonder if there's a story behind the SpongeBob trigger, or is it just random?
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115523 on: December 17, 2016, 05:40:43 am »

I am quite unsure what to do about myself and this experience. I like being nice, but being a dick just gets better results sometimes.
You acted pretty nicely, as far as I can see. At least there was a known, non-physical method you could use to get him to back off as opposed to, say, a good clock with a chair or something. You shouldn't have to put up with that sort of near-constant harassment from a classmate, autistic or no.

Maybe pass on your tried-and-tested method to his new seat neighbour, to save the kid from getting beat down when he pushes the wrong person too far?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115524 on: December 17, 2016, 06:11:13 am »

When you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115525 on: December 17, 2016, 06:19:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #115526 on: December 17, 2016, 08:11:04 am »

I wonder if there's a story behind the SpongeBob trigger, or is it just random?

What I really want to know is how anyone found out.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #115527 on: December 17, 2016, 11:23:56 am »

I'm maybe late to the party, but YouTube changed the design and now it's just !!EYE MELTING!!! Too much RED ENERGY!! First it was Valve who made their Steam Store's front page awful, now Google destroyed YouTube UI. Stahp destroying good (or at least tolerable) UIs, you arrogant, good-for-nothing money grabbers! Seriously, stahp it!

P.S Why the hell Toady closed down "Things which made you rage today" thread?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115528 on: December 17, 2016, 11:29:09 am »

People kept using it to belittle and forum-snipe other users, so it had to go. It also had numerous large arguments that Toady did not want to deal with.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115529 on: December 17, 2016, 11:30:32 am »

It's funny-sad how often Youtube or Facebook interface changes come up here.  It really is confounding, though.  Just as I get used to the interfaces, learn their completely unintuitive new wrinkles, they go and pointlessly overhaul them again.  I'd understand if they were actually easier to use, but I swear they seem more obscure by the iteration.  Even to a new user, as far as I can tell.  I know it's even harder for us when we've learned the previous version.

As for the rage thread, was there a new one?  Toady doesn't allow those anymore, they tended to blow up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7700 7701 [7702] 7703 7704 ... 11037