Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7353 7354 [7355] 7356 7357 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645495 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110310 on: October 03, 2016, 10:12:27 am »

Friend started playing an odd game.  I'm not sure I remember the name fully.   Princess Maker 2 or something (I distinctly remember the 2 the rest I might be mis-remembering)

From the name I figured it would be targeted at a female audience.  I never had dreams of becoming a princess in my youth after all.  But after seeing the enemy designs, it is almost obviously targeted to a male demographic (the slimes have breasts, even the snake enemies have A-cups). 

WTF Japan you make confusing games I don't know what to think anymore.  Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly happy with games becoming more unisex, that's great.  But the game seems to go from one side to another so fast just a few minutes of steam share gave me whiplash.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110311 on: October 03, 2016, 10:51:35 am »

Friend started playing an odd game.  I'm not sure I remember the name fully.   Princess Maker 2 or something (I distinctly remember the 2 the rest I might be mis-remembering)

From the name I figured it would be targeted at a female audience.  I never had dreams of becoming a princess in my youth after all.  But after seeing the enemy designs, it is almost obviously targeted to a male demographic (the slimes have breasts, even the snake enemies have A-cups). 

WTF Japan you make confusing games I don't know what to think anymore.  Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly happy with games becoming more unisex, that's great.  But the game seems to go from one side to another so fast just a few minutes of steam share gave me whiplash.

Ah, Princess Maker 2.

It starts out with you, a heroic male? figure whom saved the land from the Prince of Darkness.
One night, the gods gift you a small girl whom you are requested to raise as your own.
How will she turn out to be? What does fate, through your guidance, have in store for her?
Will she one day return to the heavens, or will she settle for a life on earth?

Basically it's you raising a girl till she's 18. The endings are many, the paths to those endings are numerous. Plenty of replayability here.
You, the player, don't have much of an appearence. Although NPCs does adress you in some instances. But it's really all about your daughter.

It is an old game really, retrofitted for modern systems I guess.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:15:14 am by Ultimuh »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110312 on: October 03, 2016, 10:55:04 am »

Somebody should do a LP so I can add to my signature.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110313 on: October 03, 2016, 11:01:44 am »

There's a fairly famous one!  The tale of Lizzie Shinkicker http://lparchive.org/Princess-Maker-2/

I'm happy it's being re-released, it's a fun management game.  Full of quirky Japanese stuff, mostly SFW.  The LP is safe I think.  It's *mostly* safe, but I guess there are a few images of the monsters that are technically naked.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:41:20 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110314 on: October 03, 2016, 11:29:08 am »

There's a fairly famous one!  The tale of Lizzie Shinkicker http://lparchive.org/Princess-Maker-2/

I'm happy it's being re-released, it's a fun management game.  Full of quirky Japanese stuff, mostly SFW.  The LP is safe I think.
Oh god, the one with Gendo Ikari as the father-figure. That one was fuckin' great.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110315 on: October 03, 2016, 11:30:19 am »

I particularly enjoyed the part where it derailed into a Eva clone game of Princess Maker, with Gendo unable to avoid the gay ending.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110316 on: October 03, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »

Really pissed off at the clerk of the 7-Eleven I just went to. I was standing outside, eating what I just bought, when several bees start flying around my bike and food, including flying way too close to my mouth. They're persistent to the point where I go inside, and when I inform the clerk there's a bee problem, he sneers at me and says that he's not going to do anything about it.

While I'm probably angrier than I should be, I still fell very disrespected by how he responded to a very valid concern.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110317 on: October 03, 2016, 12:19:25 pm »

If I was a clerk I'd have no idea how to prevent bees either, and I'd probably be pretty confused if somebody asked me too.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110318 on: October 03, 2016, 12:46:20 pm »

Clerk's something of an ass, a "Wow that sucks, I'll remember to tell management about it" would have been significantly less dickish.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #110319 on: October 03, 2016, 12:47:52 pm »

I think even a "I can't really do anything about that, sorry" would suffice. But if that is more or less exactly what they said "I'm not going to do anything about that", then they were needlessly a douchebag.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110320 on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:09 pm »

There is no way this isn't a troll post.

This bee post made me WTF today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110321 on: October 03, 2016, 01:06:37 pm »

There is no way this isn't a troll post.

This bee post made me WTF today.
Akura is a dependable person who doesn't troll. :P
Especially since he made this thread.
Unless your 'this' means your own post? o_O

Yes, these things happen. As in, that bee thing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110322 on: October 03, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »

Maybe he really cares about the bee extinction thing.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110323 on: October 03, 2016, 01:30:14 pm »

So like, bees have a range of like two or three miles from their hive.

The 7-11 guy cannot control where bees decide to bother you at. Therefore, it is maybe a little silly to ask him to go outside and shoo the bees. That's like if you went to a park and complained that there were ants, and someone selling hot dogs should make them go away.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #110324 on: October 03, 2016, 01:37:42 pm »

... the thing being kvetched about is not the bees. Just to make sure no one's confused on that front. It seems to be happening, so better safe than sorry, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7353 7354 [7355] 7356 7357 ... 11002