Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6820 6821 [6822] 6823 6824 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440229 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #102315 on: May 16, 2016, 08:56:49 pm »

I encountered a man while grocery shopping who proceeded to enthuse upon the virtues of broccoli as a source of vitamin C. I'm quite certain he was rather enjoying the effects of marijuana at the time.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #102316 on: May 16, 2016, 09:03:17 pm »

According to Google, one NLEA serving of broccoli contains 220% of a 2,000-calorie diet's worth of vitamin C

so he's not wrong I guess :v
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102317 on: May 16, 2016, 09:06:43 pm »

I had just retrieved some sort of glowy artifact from a spooky abandoned outcast camp.  Drove out (through a horde of Earth's finest marines) and stood in a glowy circle near Sam.  "Thanks Mason-" her voice trailed off below as I visited the sky for no discernible reason.

Fortunately since this is Mars and I am Thor manifest, I landed mostly unharmed on a nearby mountain peak.  "No problem" my character stated, to the rusty wind.  *MISSION COMPLETE*

Other than that particularly !FUN! hiccup, Red Faction Guerilla is just as fun as I remember.  Which is quite fun indeed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102318 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:20 pm »

ECWolf is the best (read: pretty much only) source port for Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and... Super Noah's Ark 3D.

Wisdom Tree, the developers of SNA3D and all those infamous bootleg Christian NES games, released a modern port of Super Noah's Ark for modern OSes, using ECWolf as the base. A majority of the profits from SNA3D go to ECWolf development.

I'm glad that everybody involved got a happy ending, but seriously, this is the weird kind of twist of fate that only happens with 90's FPS games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #102319 on: May 16, 2016, 10:11:30 pm »

Did anyone else have Bay12 throw up a database error for almost half an hour?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102320 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:18 pm »

Don't think so.  Had the gateway timeout when trying to refresh New Replies though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #102321 on: May 16, 2016, 10:24:09 pm »

I believe so, yes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #102322 on: May 16, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »

The 504 Gateway Timeout? If so, then yes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102323 on: May 16, 2016, 11:32:18 pm »

Yeppers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102324 on: May 17, 2016, 12:54:40 am »

Quote from: personal text
Shoddily made, and shoddily maintained...

How fitting.

I don't own a smartphone nor have I ever owned one, but I can same with some certainty that if a phone can be described as a "good killing grounds" you might need an exorcism and a smaller phone.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102325 on: May 17, 2016, 04:29:34 am »

According to Google, one NLEA serving of broccoli contains 220% of a 2,000-calorie diet's worth of vitamin C

To be honest, anything more than 100% is a waste. Your body can store some for when you have a deficiency, but only so much and you actually get enough Vitamin C from an average diet anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102326 on: May 17, 2016, 04:32:54 am »

"Duuude, the... Broccoli! It's got lotsa good stuff, and... Uh vitamin c! Yeah, great source of vitamin c, man. It's amazing..." *continues for a good five minutes*
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102327 on: May 17, 2016, 04:38:11 am »

I encountered a man while grocery shopping who proceeded to enthuse upon the virtues of broccoli as a source of vitamin C. I'm quite certain he was rather enjoying the effects of marijuana at the time.
Vile weed!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102328 on: May 17, 2016, 04:44:55 am »

To be honest, anything more than 100% is a waste. Your body can store some for when you have a deficiency, but only so much and you actually get enough Vitamin C from an average diet anyway.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a diet where you never eat more than you need of every single micro-nutrient. One of the only reasons we need a varied diet is because we need all those minuscule amounts of micro-nutrients. Many animals just make their own, and thus can survive on a single food diet. Technically speaking, a housecat is entirely made up of air, water and cat food.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102329 on: May 17, 2016, 05:03:34 am »

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a diet where you never eat more than you need of every single micro-nutrient. One of the only reasons we need a varied diet is because we need all those minuscule amounts of micro-nutrients. Many animals just make their own, and thus can survive on a single food diet. Technically speaking, a housecat is entirely made up of air, water and cat food.
Not to mention fur.
How else can you explain all those hairballs?
Pages: 1 ... 6820 6821 [6822] 6823 6824 ... 11040