Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6456 6457 [6458] 6459 6460 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442641 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #96855 on: February 19, 2016, 10:03:14 pm »

You do?  Cool!  Violin buddies!

Hey, more violin players!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #96856 on: February 19, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96857 on: February 19, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »

@Rolan: I can't understand most of the words she said, but I think you made someone happy.  Good job.  And good luck, whatever you decide to do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96858 on: February 19, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »

Some people do whack their cello as percussion.
The violin gets that, too, if not as regularly. More by way of its superior fiddle relative, but still.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96859 on: February 20, 2016, 01:29:12 am »

@Rolan: I can't understand most of the words she said, but I think you made someone happy.  Good job.  And good luck, whatever you decide to do.
I have no idea what she said, really.  Possibly she was wondering if they were being too loud?

She did seem happy, but I think mostly from being tipsy (though I don't think she was *that* drunk, she just whispered too quietly to hear well).  I was happy because she and the guys were welcoming to me, and that felt really nice.

Anyway I actually did muster the curiosity to go back!  I couldn't stay long, because I had to get back to work, but I introduced myself to a pair of random drunk guys standing outside.  It was getting kinda loud though and they seemed too drunk, so I didn't go inside or anything.  Still glad I gave it a go though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96860 on: February 20, 2016, 01:30:55 am »

People calling "appeal to authority" as if it's a fallacy in a situation where a domain expert offers a non-controversial opinion relating to their knowledge.

It's like a mechanic going "yo you need an oil change" and you saying "it's appeal to authority if i agree, so i'll replace the muffler"

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #96861 on: February 20, 2016, 02:35:23 am »

I've never even encountered that, but it sounds dumb as fuck and unnecessarily edgy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96862 on: February 20, 2016, 02:43:54 am »

Expertise does not equal authority, and authority does not equal expertise. Appeal to authority can be a valid argument, but generally one should cite the expert's arguments rather than just their expertise. The mechanic could show the customer their oil level and explain why it needs changing in as fundamental terms as necessary, but that would take too much precious time so it just falls onto mutual trust on the mechanic's expertise and reliability. After all, a mechanic outed as unreliable soon finds themself without any business.

Also, the fallacy fallacy, i.e. "your argument is fallacious, therefore it's false," is a fallacy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96863 on: February 20, 2016, 02:54:48 am »

Desmos doesn't seem to recognize right-shift-released. Left-shift-released is fine. I only use right shift. This is a problem.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96864 on: February 20, 2016, 03:58:00 am »

I had this dream...

I logged in to bay12 and found out that "I" was the GM of some game that had been running for 131 pages. As it turned out, someone had silently hacked into my account and kept the game up behind my back. When I found out, I halted the game and went on a stop-at-nothing search to find out the hackers true identity. He was some asshole from my class, and refused to make his own account to keep the game up for whatever reason. In the end, I changed my password and locked the game.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96865 on: February 20, 2016, 04:02:03 am »

But I loved that game. D:

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96866 on: February 20, 2016, 04:09:50 am »

Steal his ideas! Get back on the jerk and run the game!
One wheel short of a wagon

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #96867 on: February 20, 2016, 03:23:33 pm »

On a scale of "inexperienced highschool garage band" to "Creed", how awful is awful?

Judge for yourself

(i hope that link works, you may need a facebook/spotify account for it work)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96868 on: February 20, 2016, 03:26:57 pm »

i just realized that earthbound did the faux-retro jarringly switching to something more modern thing... in 1994

...seems a bit early, now that i think of it.

It's also a bit odd, since the music that played soon before was made up entirely of a beach boys sample (25 seconds into that first video is the most obvious place)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:28:39 pm by Putnam »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96869 on: February 20, 2016, 03:48:32 pm »

In order to use a Blender plugin for editing .nif files, I have to install version 2.49 (they're on 2.7x now). That's whatever, sure, there's a lot of scripts that only work with 2.49 just because the project died and that was the latest Blender version.

The installer for the tool doesn't ask you where you have Blender 2.49 installed. It just scans your Program Files directory to see if you have 2.49 installed in the default location, and automatically takes you to the Blender website if you don't have it.

I... that's... what? What if I have a newer version of Blender and want to keep 2.49 in a separate directory because it's total ass and I only use it when I need to?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:59:51 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6456 6457 [6458] 6459 6460 ... 11040