Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6157 6158 [6159] 6160 6161 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454390 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92370 on: December 20, 2015, 07:52:27 am »

There are fifteen people assigned to my shift on Saturday nights. Five called off last night, and we didn't even know about the fifth until halfway through the night when somebody noticed none of her work was done, as we had no supervisor to let us know that one of the part-timers didn't come in. We did our best to get everything clean, but I'm afraid that corners were cut.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92371 on: December 20, 2015, 08:11:07 am »

We also had some ninja weapons donated. A pair of sai, a nunchaku, and one of those little hand scythe things, I forget the name of them. All were made of metal(the nunchaku was padded, but the chain was steel), though the scythe was not sharp, nor where the prongs of the sai. We could not legally sell them, so we tossed them in the garbage.
Just going to say here that sai are supposed to be blunt. They're truncheons, not daggers.

On that topic, I wonder about the legality or lack thereof of selling them, as you say. Back when I practiced kobujutsu, I just one day walked into a sporting goods store and bought some facsimile ninja weapons, no questions asked. The bladed ones were blunt, of course, but they were in a state where I could have sharpened them if I really wanted to.

It might just really be a company policy that we cannot sell them, not law. All I know is that weapons, including practice weapons - these were certainly not toys - are on the big list that we're supposed to have posted everywhere in the production area of things we are not allowed to sell. Other things on the list include percolator-type coffee makers, pacifiers, and a few other things I can't remember right now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92372 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:17 am »

Tomorrow Australia is hitting 40 degrees in the mercury. I love having a pool at my house.
That's degrees celsius, not stupid farenheit
That's not surprising, though. Australia is a place where it's hot in winter, cold in summer, and people are walking upside-down, though I'm pretty sure the last one is a joke.
It's still warm in summer in Australia, but it's summer on the southern hemisphere and when it's winter in the northern. And vice versa.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92373 on: December 20, 2015, 08:21:59 am »

It was 43 here today. :)
It was 42 here yesterday. Though it felt closer to 50 'cause of deliciously wet weather. And it's still December. I dread to think what mid-January will be like.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #92374 on: December 20, 2015, 08:27:16 am »

Urgh. Tell me about it. My stepdad broke a horse in this afternoon in the heat, then hosed the horse down and went for a swim. Meanwhile I was being sensible and doing 'homework' (Really browsing the forums all day erry day) inside with the fan turned to max sipping from an icy-cold cup of water
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92375 on: December 20, 2015, 08:50:05 am »

My stepdad broke a horse
Is his name Mike Haggar or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92376 on: December 20, 2015, 09:43:26 am »

Whenever I hear 'broke a horse' I always imagine someone like Zangief (or Haggar)  Lifting a full grown horse above his head and breaking it's back over his knee to teach it the price of disobedience before nursing it back to health to make it into a loyal riding companion.

That's why they wear saddles, to hide the scars.

* Greiger nods sagely.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92377 on: December 20, 2015, 09:55:49 am »

Tomorrow Australia is hitting 40 degrees in the mercury. I love having a pool at my house.
That's degrees celsius, not stupid farenheit
That's not surprising, though. Australia is a place where it's hot in winter, cold in summer, and people are walking upside-down, though I'm pretty sure the last one is a joke.

Nup, I can tell you for a fact the last bit is true. I've got a special set of magnetic shoes I wear to stop me from falling off the earth too.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92378 on: December 20, 2015, 10:35:40 am »

We also had some ninja weapons donated. A pair of sai, a nunchaku, and one of those little hand scythe things, I forget the name of them. All were made of metal(the nunchaku was padded, but the chain was steel), though the scythe was not sharp, nor where the prongs of the sai. We could not legally sell them, so we tossed them in the garbage.

Why not keep them?

Or fish them out and send them to me, my sister was just talking about how she needs ninja weapons.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92379 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:13 am »

Pretty sure the prongs of a sai aren't meant to be sharp, it's a parrying weapon, not a stabbing weapon.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92380 on: December 20, 2015, 10:48:47 am »

creppy windows update that gives you text instead of a loading bar. and on top of that makes he hard restart when it glitches out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92381 on: December 20, 2015, 10:49:30 am »

Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92382 on: December 20, 2015, 10:52:04 am »

Pretty sure the prongs of a sai aren't meant to be sharp, it's a parrying weapon, not a stabbing weapon.
It's essentially a rigid metal baton with a fancy handle.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92383 on: December 20, 2015, 12:25:06 pm »

Can't find the quote on where Toady One fixed cats dying from walking on alcohol soaked tavern floors, but..... DANGIT, I'm missing out, lol....

Haven't played DF in like, many months.....

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 6157 6158 [6159] 6160 6161 ... 11040