Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5539 5540 [5541] 5542 5543 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458573 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83100 on: August 14, 2015, 10:32:15 am »

The cap for one of my usb flash drives just disappeared last night. I've checked every place where it could reasonably have fallen as well as an increasing number of unreasonable places with no luck.

It jist turned up somewhere where I'd already looked several times.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83101 on: August 14, 2015, 11:27:57 am »

The President of Finland is going to visit my high school on Monday. We even got to write out a few questions to ask him. Apparently he doesn't have plans to visit any other schools as of yet. Why is Sauli carpin' Niinistö going to visit such a small school in such a small town? I'm not a huge fan of him, so I'm pretty indifferent about the visit itself, but it just seems weird.
Dude has the hots for one of your teachers. Or perhaps the principal. Or even a janitor.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83102 on: August 14, 2015, 11:57:44 am »

The President of Finland is going to visit my high school on Monday. We even got to write out a few questions to ask him. Apparently he doesn't have plans to visit any other schools as of yet. Why is Sauli carpin' Niinistö going to visit such a small school in such a small town? I'm not a huge fan of him, so I'm pretty indifferent about the visit itself, but it just seems weird.

Probably plans to use it as a test run

"Another"
...wait, another?

Running forum joke about how B12 probably gets you on a watch list. Not that funny, now I think about it.

Why would being on Bay12 get you on a watchlist?

We seem to have a greater than usual concentration of hippies, communists, anarchists, disenfranchised weirdoes with axes to grind, general malcontents, and members of cults.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:07:07 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83103 on: August 14, 2015, 12:04:14 pm »

And the rest just come here for the racial genocide, war, pyschological torture and random violence (upper boards).
One wheel short of a wagon

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83104 on: August 14, 2015, 12:07:24 pm »

B-but I just wanna start a band called Johnny Urist and the Goblins to bring rock 'n' roll to [INSERT WORLDNAME HERE]. ;_;
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83105 on: August 14, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

Much facepalm to the MCF mods.  I mention this very thread and get slapped for profanity.  It's an ABBREVIATION.  I mean, SERIOUSLY.  They even ban self-censorship of profanity, and that is INCREDIBLY stupid, in my opinion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83106 on: August 14, 2015, 12:23:11 pm »

Well, if it's trying to be kid-friendly I can understand.
Most of those little shits have the foulest goddamn mouths going as it is, we don't need to give them any more fucking encouragement! 
Booze is Life for Yoink

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #83107 on: August 14, 2015, 12:24:14 pm »

Dude has the hots for one of your teachers. Or perhaps the principal. Or even a janitor.
That would be interesting, but a little bird told me his wife Jenni Haukio might be coming too. Threesome, mayhaps?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83108 on: August 14, 2015, 12:31:37 pm »

The Queen visited my school once, and I am fairly certain it was not because she had the hots for any of the staff...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83109 on: August 14, 2015, 12:39:00 pm »

Are you kidding? The Royal Orgies are as frequent as they are secretive.
Not to mention wild.
Booze is Life for Yoink

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83110 on: August 14, 2015, 12:40:32 pm »

The official title is the Royal Bonefest, actually.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83111 on: August 14, 2015, 12:41:09 pm »

They even ban self-censorship of profanity, and that is INCREDIBLY stupid, in my opinion.
The only thing stupid about banning self-censorship of profanity (assuming the goal is stopping or removing profanity on the forum, anyway) is the people that believe that "self-censorship" of profanity is actually censorship. F*ck is not censoring. Neither is F*($. Neither is #*($, though that's more a variable than explicit. The list just kind of goes on. That sort of vulgarity masking is a complete joke.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83112 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:44 pm »

WTF for today: Firefox actually cares about capitalizing 'Chan' when typing something like Gadolinium-chan. I didn't know I downloaded a Japanese formal nouns grammar database.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83113 on: August 14, 2015, 12:45:50 pm »

To me, the WTF is with censoring profanity in the first place.  It does not work, and does not make profanity go away. It's as effective as sweeping dirt under area rugs is at housekeeping.

"We dont like people using the word 'faggot', because it is an offensive slur against gay people!"

(reaction from lay populace: Make the word "Gay" have those connotations instead, as in "Jeeze, that is SO GAY.")

"We dont like it that people have started using the word 'Gay' in a derogatory fashion!..."

Rinse, repeat, put on spin cycle, then repeat some more. The very idea of censorship is to put up false fronts to hide oneself from an unpleasant reality. It does nobody any real good to live in a fantasy. If you take exception to the behavior of the lay public, then actually encourage change in the behaviorisms of the lay public-- the toolkit to do that, DOES NOT INCLUDE CENSORSHIP.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83114 on: August 14, 2015, 01:15:40 pm »

Meh, I don't approve of automated silencing on top of automated profanity censorship.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 5539 5540 [5541] 5542 5543 ... 11040