Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5541 5542 [5543] 5544 5545 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458573 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #83130 on: August 14, 2015, 02:34:54 pm »

adjective (he was fucking cool).
Technically, you're using it as an adverb there, so no need for 'fuckingly'. The true adjective form of the word is something like 'fucky', whatever that means.
Ahhh. Well, it sounds vaguely negative ('That's a real fucky hammer you got there' makes more sense if the hammer is broken or useless), so it is an adjective.
Soon the entire human language will consist of a single curseword used in various fashions.

I generally refrain from profanity, but it must be said:

Fuck.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83131 on: August 14, 2015, 02:38:31 pm »

I am now imagining a version of 1984 where Newspeak (Double plus good, etc) is just various forms of cursing.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #83132 on: August 14, 2015, 02:44:48 pm »

Soon the entire human language will consist of a single curseword used in various fashions.
If you have any doubts that this is true, you've never heard a true Mancunian accent :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #83133 on: August 14, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »

adjective (he was fucking cool).
Technically, you're using it as an adverb there, so no need for 'fuckingly'. The true adjective form of the word is something like 'fucky', whatever that means.
Ahhh. Well, it sounds vaguely negative ('That's a real fucky hammer you got there' makes more sense if the hammer is broken or useless), so it is an adjective.

Technically sll the other words in the language will still be there, it's just that nobody will use them because by that the other major trend in our language will have completed itself so they'll all be polite euphemisms for homosexuality£
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83134 on: August 14, 2015, 04:03:33 pm »

What the fucking fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little fuck? I'll fucking have you fucking know I fucking graduated top of my fucking class etc

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #83135 on: August 14, 2015, 04:04:02 pm »

What the fucking fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little fuck? I'll fucking have you fucking know I fucking graduated top of my fucking class etc
That was fuckingly funny.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #83136 on: August 14, 2015, 04:05:09 pm »

I'm on my tablet, so I can't do a whole fucking copypasta :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #83137 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »

Welcome to the What the Fuck Thread
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83138 on: August 14, 2015, 04:14:15 pm »

Not enough spiders for that, OW. Maybe we need to get H G Wells in here, write us a valley full of thread to fornicate with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #83139 on: August 14, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »

A fucking thread full of fucking spiders to fucking crawl the fuck right up your uncanny fucking valley.

Don't fucking stand there and wait for the fucking fucker, run!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #83141 on: August 14, 2015, 04:36:45 pm »

I'm fucking itchy right now.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #83142 on: August 14, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #83143 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:47 pm »

... a fair few things, really. Last I checked bestiality and necrophilia aren't explicitly illegal in a lot of places in the US. Folks that get in legal trouble because of either get hit for things like animal cruelty and desecration of the dead and whatnot. Lot like how the article notes people would get in trouble for actually using a flamethrower in a lot of places, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #83144 on: August 14, 2015, 05:07:57 pm »

There are some things that are legal because it didn't occur to anyone that they needed to be explicitly illegal.
"may result in injury or even death."

Aw yiss

Though just going to pop out and say there's a legitimate civilian use in Murrica for clearing killer bee nests with flamethrowers
Pages: 1 ... 5541 5542 [5543] 5544 5545 ... 11040