Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5483 5484 [5485] 5486 5487 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453700 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82260 on: July 30, 2015, 10:52:33 pm »

Traumatic insemination is when the male punctures the female's abdomen with his penis, creating an open wound in which sperm is deposited. Ducks are horrifying little shits, but they aren't that bad.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82261 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:33 pm »

It's less that rape doesn't exist in nature and more as in the fact that it cannot exist due to there being no distinction between consensual and nonconsensual in basic creatures, just like darkness (as in the concept, not the lack of photons) cannot exist without light.

I understand that, but still I find it interesting that this creature already painted by the public as being innocent and obedient has some of the more vicious tendencies of nature. Even when it has the intelligence to note that humans and dolphins are not in any way similar.

Also, this.
Dolphins just get the handwave because they're "natural" and we aren't. So if a dolphin does something good, then it means they're better than humans. If they do something evil, it's impossible because they are animals and cannot have a concept of morality.

Double standard is nice.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82262 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:08 pm »

So are several species of duck, if I remember right.
Maybe? From what I recall the ducks are "just" violently coercive. The bedbugs and their ilk take it to another level. And ninja'd by baug, yeah, but already typed so whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82263 on: July 30, 2015, 10:56:48 pm »

I think I've overdosed on bad fanfics (mostly CED) because they don't appear to bother me with their badness any longer. This is most troublesome.
._.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #82264 on: July 30, 2015, 10:58:58 pm »

I think I've overdosed on bad fanfics (mostly CED) because they don't appear to bother me with their badness any longer. This is most troublesome.
CED?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #82265 on: July 30, 2015, 11:32:17 pm »

It's less that rape doesn't exist in nature and more as in the fact that it cannot exist due to there being no distinction between consensual and nonconsensual in basic creatures, just like darkness (as in the concept, not the lack of photons) cannot exist without light.

I understand that, but still I find it interesting that this creature already painted by the public as being innocent and obedient has some of the more vicious tendencies of nature. Even when it has the intelligence to note that humans and dolphins are not in any way similar.

Also, this.
Then there's seals. http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141117-why-seals-have-sex-with-penguins
They don't even bother with whether it's a mammal.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82266 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:12 pm »

I was looking around, and apparently in an even more drunk than usual haze, it looks like me and olga made ourselves and our housemate Eva in Artificial Academy 2.

This seems to be a reoccurring theme with late night boredom around here.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82267 on: July 30, 2015, 11:42:34 pm »

Your (plural) drunk escapades are marginally better than my own.  I mean that as a compliment.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82268 on: July 31, 2015, 02:25:11 am »

Re: animal rapists. bees and wasps have modified the ovipositor (egg laying organ) of females and some secretory gland of some sort into a weapon which they use to violently impale you and cause intense pain by injecting their horrible excretions. Bees, in fact, cannot dislodge said ovipositor and thus when they try to detach from you, they end up ripping their rear end off and leaving all their guts behind (which, logically, kills them) Including the venom gland, still hard at work murdering the target.
Parasitic wasps take it one step further. They often either lay eggs on, or inside of, another creature with the help of the ovipositor. Which may or may not be intended to live until the wasp larvae eat it. They are even more terrifying.

The more you read into it, the scarier the natural world gets. God must have spent five out of six days drunk and angry at someone and spent the seventh passed out.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #82269 on: July 31, 2015, 02:54:11 am »

We decided to have fun with our drunk happenings. And ran AA2 for 3 days after adding some touhou characters, ourselves and 3 random dudes we made to the class.

Highlights! Though Gunner chan says I should spoil this just in case. Warning may contain mild lewdness!

Spoiler: What happened! (click to show/hide)

Also on topic, yes. Dolphins are animal rapists, and one of the VERY FEW that count because they actually have recreational sex, they comprehend it. They likely know on some level what they're doing is wrong but dolphin don't care.

It's all about that wiggly slimy underwater ass.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82270 on: July 31, 2015, 03:02:38 am »

Why is this in the what the fuck thread though?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82271 on: July 31, 2015, 04:43:00 am »

CED?
Chunin Exam Day. It's pretty woah as far as fanfiction goes.
._.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #82272 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:00 am »

Parasitic wasps take it one step further. They often either lay eggs on, or inside of, another creature with the help of the ovipositor. Which may or may not be intended to live until the wasp larvae eat it. They are even more terrifying.

Yeah, the Ichnumen Wasps. Those tiny things that made Charles Darwin lose his faith in god, or at least contributed to it.
There's a quote around here somewhere...

Ah, here it is.

"I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars."
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82273 on: July 31, 2015, 06:37:28 am »

This, on the other hand, totally supports the existence of the almighty Armok.
One wheel short of a wagon

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82274 on: July 31, 2015, 06:48:47 am »

(any cultist chiming in with "use Linux" or "buy a mac" will gain my absoulute hatred until the end of time.)

install gentoo

* LordSlowpoke puts down some hate collectors
Pages: 1 ... 5483 5484 [5485] 5486 5487 ... 11040