Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4869 4870 [4871] 4872 4873 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462472 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73050 on: March 30, 2015, 11:51:29 pm »

Pretty sure Japan doesn't even have frats for that matter.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73051 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:14 pm »

Honestly, what I think he should do is ditch his wizard, or whatever caster it is. I haven't seen the sheet, so I don't know much about the character other than the fact that most of his skills are stupidly high, and he found a way to get every single arcane spell in the game, plus a number of divine spells.

Perception, disable device, and just about every knowledge. No-one else really needs to roll outside of combat, as we can just rely on the spellcaster to do everything, since his bases are more than enough for most checks. Hell, even in combat we don't really need to do much, because the wizard can wipe an entire encounter without effort, while the fighter has a very good chance to kill at least one enemy a round. Even more if he gets a chance to cleave.
Repeat what I've said x2. This is unacceptable and really reeks of noobness.
._.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73052 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:27 pm »

DM has come to the decision that one of the two top damage dealers must die.
Your DM must die get off DM's duties. This is not what DMs should do. Ever.
I suppose drastic times call for drastic measures. Have you considered
DRY HUMPING

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73053 on: March 31, 2015, 12:00:44 am »

OH GOD WHAT

Sounds like the easiest movie to make ever.

Step 1: remove the 5 minutes or so of gameplay that happen between cutscenes.
Step 2: There's your movie.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #73054 on: March 31, 2015, 12:02:25 am »

alcohol
frat
I fail to not see the connection.

yes the only people who drink alcohol in japan are frat boys
Fratboys in the fraternity of sales.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73055 on: March 31, 2015, 12:02:28 am »

Honestly, what I think he should do is ditch his wizard, or whatever caster it is. I haven't seen the sheet, so I don't know much about the character other than the fact that most of his skills are stupidly high, and he found a way to get every single arcane spell in the game, plus a number of divine spells.

Perception, disable device, and just about every knowledge. No-one else really needs to roll outside of combat, as we can just rely on the spellcaster to do everything, since his bases are more than enough for most checks. Hell, even in combat we don't really need to do much, because the wizard can wipe an entire encounter without effort, while the fighter has a very good chance to kill at least one enemy a round. Even more if he gets a chance to cleave.
Repeat what I've said x2. This is unacceptable and really reeks of noobness.
From the sound of things, the guy couldn't be a more stereotypical bad DM if he tried.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73056 on: March 31, 2015, 12:04:32 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73057 on: March 31, 2015, 12:06:14 am »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73058 on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:38 am »

My birthday is Apricot Day, if that makes you feel any better.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73059 on: March 31, 2015, 12:08:40 am »

My birthday is Apricot Day, if that makes you feel any better.
Oh it's not a problem for me, it's just kind of obscure as far as holidays go.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73060 on: March 31, 2015, 12:14:44 am »

DM has come to the decision that one of the two top damage dealers must die. He's debating between either his full-caster DMPC, who has ended several fights before they even began because he metagames against himself, or the fighter who focuses on being a one-hitter-quitter.

It's probably the fighter. Amongst the DM's various nerfs, he has also set a cap on how many attacks the fighter can get in a round, despite what feats, class abilities, or spells are on him, because he thinks the fighter is too OP. Have I mention that the DMPC is the only full-combat caster? The next best caster is a cleric who only has healing and protection spells. He doesn't like the cleric much either, because they can heal. After that, the next best casters are the paladin and the DMPC bard, who do not have a stellar selection.

The worst part? The DM has stated several times that he's going to steal the fighter's build to use later.

Yeesh that's cringeworthy.  In our party the barbarian is a bit overpowered, but only because...
He's technically ECL 18 while we're 14, because the DM decided monster races should only cost the LA.  Racial HD are "free", the barbearian still got 4 extra dice of hit points and the the bonus feats though.  So basically he spent 2 levels for THREE BAB, +10str, +4Con, and 4 d8 HD.  He did get a significant charisma and intelligence penalty, but that doesn't stop him from being the party face - because the *player* is very persuasive (mostly by filibustering until things go his way).  The only talky-skill he put any points into was 10 into sense motive...  Kinda makes me sore to think about, since my characters have been high-charisma with lots of points in diplomacy and bluff. 

His strength is 45 while raging and drugged, and his build is based on having a 20-ft reach and making trip-attacks of opportunity on everything.  He also has a sword with a total enchantment level of +11, though 5 points of that are useless "vorpal" (the vast majority of our enemies are undead, and thus immune to beheading).

It feels good to whine about a little, but I wouldn't say it's an actual problem.  I mean, I spent most of the last year playing a druid then a cleric, using Book of Exalted Deeds, so I'm hardly in a position to complain.  My favored soul (my longest character run) was basically a sorcerer who can heal.  Even now that I'm playing a dexterity-based fighter (/dervish/swordsage), I have lots of cool abilities and my scimitars threaten criticals on 14-20.  Not only that, but the DM convinced me to add this really questionable thing...  "Lightning Mace", which gives me an absolutely free bonus attack every time I threaten a crit.  It's questionable because I use scimitars, but he says the warblade level 1 ability lets me swap out the weapon type... I went along with it basically to be competitive with the barbearian.

I do wish we could finally level up, though.  We don't use experience, and the DM hasn't given us a level since new years.  That's about 15 sessions, and we're still level 14.

Not that that matters to me specifically anymore.  My fresh elf dervish character met Lolth (our main quest-giver) yesterday, and now she's a drow.  Which means that I have to forgo the next 2 levels *anyway*.  It's great fun from a RP perspective, but I didn't get 4 free monster levels out of the deal like soooome characters.  *sigh* the things my cleric could have done with 45 wisdom... 

Hell, my cleric managed to charm a random human rogue, and we convinced him to join us.  Later I recruited him with Leadership as a cohort, and this - human - had a dexterity of 27.  Whereas my current elf character spent her 18 on dex for a total of 20.  WHINE WHINE WHINE COMPLAIN.  It's really fine, my character is essentially a drow ninja who can easily do 100-300 damage in a round with good luck.  While tumbling and sword-dancing her way around enemies like an eldar Harlequin (or dark eldar now, I guess).

It's kinda crazy that our wizard is probably the least combat effective party member.  And that's considering that he can turn into a 12-headed hydra and has combat reflexes (he doesn't have full casting progression, though.  Some transmutation prestige class).  I'm not sure whether he can turn into a beholder anymore...  I hope so, antimagic-cone vision came in super useful tactically.

I guess in the end we're technically level 14, but we're faced with appropriately deadly challenges.  The barbearian practically solo'd an adamantine golem, for example (CR 20, so appropriate 4 level 20 characters, or us 3 level 14 ones).  Last session we faced 12 tangle terrors at once, with at least 8 more approaching, and we're... well, we're actually in a bind, but we have a good shot at victory.  Hooray for really funky optimization I guess!

Edit: Oh right, another way things were in my favor I guess is that, as a cleric, I used some questionable metamagic (reach-spell), and straight-up miscalculated the spell level, to chain-cast Heal spells using a metamagic rod.  Technically that trick is the only reason we survived our first encounter with tangle terrors, since most of the party was literally insane from wisdom damage (being webbed... does that, for some reason).  Technically we should have TPK'd there, though I didn't realize until later.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:22:09 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73061 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:58 am »

Wait, it's possible to overdose on B12?  These tabs have 16,667% RDV, and I've been taking two a day for over a week...

What can I say, I really love B12 (:
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73062 on: March 31, 2015, 12:51:46 am »

Huh, the "tab" part of the pun was actually completely unintentional.  I'm really sleepy too.  I really have been taking that much of the vitamin though, I guess I'll stop that.
She/they

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73063 on: March 31, 2015, 12:54:08 am »

This conversation made me WTF today.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73064 on: March 31, 2015, 01:18:25 am »

I'm inspired when I'm tired too.

I'm also too tired to do it.

I think this is why artists keep notebooks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4869 4870 [4871] 4872 4873 ... 11040