Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4870 4871 [4872] 4873 4874 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461777 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73065 on: March 31, 2015, 01:29:26 am »

I heard somewhere at some point (read: take this as an unsubstantiated claim) that someone might be developing a thing that can write down what you're thinking, on a computer screen or somesuch. Or I might be imagining it.
That'd be so damn useful though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73066 on: March 31, 2015, 01:34:22 am »

I heard somewhere at some point (read: take this as an unsubstantiated claim) that someone might be developing a thing that can write down what you're thinking, on a computer screen or somesuch. Or I might be imagining it.
I'd imagine a thing that can think about what you write down would be much more useful, though.
._.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #73067 on: March 31, 2015, 01:37:54 am »

We have things that can write by you thinking, but they don't actually write what you are thinking. It's more like a tool designed for amputees and whatnot that lets them type by thinking the letters (though I believe they're just barely starting to get the ability to recognize some words now as well as just letters) rather than actually pressing physical keys.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #73068 on: March 31, 2015, 01:48:29 am »

Ah. I think I was thinking of an SCP, truth be told.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73069 on: March 31, 2015, 05:51:37 am »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73070 on: March 31, 2015, 06:25:01 am »

I... I don't even...
why
Why
WHY
WHY!

Indeed... That's quite a headful of mad, there.
And Tesla died 72 years ago. Quite late to the party, that person >.<
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:26:48 am by karhell »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73071 on: March 31, 2015, 06:42:09 am »

I... I don't even...
why
Why
WHY
WHY!

Besides, everybody knows David Hasselhoff is the Antichrist.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73072 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:35 am »

Repeat what I've said x2. This is unacceptable and really reeks of noobness.
From the sound of things, the guy couldn't be a more stereotypical bad DM if he tried.

As far as I know, his wizard is legit. Amognst the loot we got in the last campaign was a spell tome with every arcane spell , though I'm not sure how he got divine spells.

The last campaign I played that he DM'd had a terrible author insert. He was the son of a god, and we had to help him stop his evil twin brother from gathering an army of demons and devils. For some reason no one in any of the good planes was allowed to help, so we had to find the most powerful beings on the material plane to help.

All the most powerful beings were evil. Liches and dragons and stuff like that. The party was mostly Lawful Stupid, so suffice to say, we did not get their help.

Also, the DMPC could turn into a solar at will. For those that don't know, a solar is one of if not the strongest type of angel in the game. We were around level 6. He could turn into a CR 23 at will.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73073 on: March 31, 2015, 07:11:20 am »

When you first said Solar, I thought 'why can he become Exalted at will in DnD?'
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73074 on: March 31, 2015, 07:28:12 am »

Repeat what I've said x2. This is unacceptable and really reeks of noobness.
From the sound of things, the guy couldn't be a more stereotypical bad DM if he tried.

As far as I know, his wizard is legit. Amognst the loot we got in the last campaign was a spell tome with every arcane spell , though I'm not sure how he got divine spells.

The last campaign I played that he DM'd had a terrible author insert. He was the son of a god, and we had to help him stop his evil twin brother from gathering an army of demons and devils. For some reason no one in any of the good planes was allowed to help, so we had to find the most powerful beings on the material plane to help.

All the most powerful beings were evil. Liches and dragons and stuff like that. The party was mostly Lawful Stupid, so suffice to say, we did not get their help.

Also, the DMPC could turn into a solar at will. For those that don't know, a solar is one of if not the strongest type of angel in the game. We were around level 6. He could turn into a CR 23 at will.
So did your party actually contribute in any way other than inconveniencing the DMPC by being (relatively?) incompetent?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73075 on: March 31, 2015, 07:35:23 am »

We hit things good. When the DM gave us a fair fight, that is.

There was one fight I can remember around level seven, where we were up against about a half dozen ropers. All the strength drain. Was almost a TPK. At least two PCs died for good, and everyone went down at least once.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #73076 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:28 am »

I... I don't even...
why
Why
WHY
WHY!

Tesla's Death Ray is still an awesome band name, though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #73078 on: March 31, 2015, 09:37:25 am »

I... I don't even...
why
Why
WHY
WHY!

I seem to recall that Edison used to spend mpst pf his time writing things like this while his flunkies were put actually inventing things.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73079 on: March 31, 2015, 09:38:10 am »

BlackFlyme, all your tales of WTFery make me feel like the most competent DM in the world, thank you? In all honesty, do you actually have fun? Is it worth it to put up with that DM?
Pages: 1 ... 4870 4871 [4872] 4873 4874 ... 11040