Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3855 3856 [3857] 3858 3859 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430516 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57840 on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:05 pm »

There's also the Pokemon TAS which are... weird.
I've got some weird for you right here, mixed in with some niftiness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #57841 on: September 06, 2014, 09:18:09 pm »

There's also the Pokemon TAS which are... weird.
I've got some weird for you right here, mixed in with some niftiness.
I was actually thinking of including that in my TAS post. Small world.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57842 on: September 06, 2014, 09:21:27 pm »

Windows 8 seems to want to occasionally move me over to my e-mail to show me that I have mail.

Except I don't have mail. It will open it, but nothing new will be there. Hell, it will pull me right out of a game to show me.

Also, my mom wants me to wipe my old laptop and give it to her. Why would she need a laptop?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #57843 on: September 06, 2014, 09:24:30 pm »

So she can try and fail miserably to hack your bank account.

I mean, that makes the most sense considering what else you've shared about her with us.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57844 on: September 06, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »

You know I kind of realized that I am a big fat hypocrite in one way...

I am putting it in spoilers because it is racially charged, if you are just trying to enjoy your day don't look.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I really need to rethink my system of values. While I could easily just say that all these situations are different and would be right, the fact is that I didn't put a lot of thinking into them...

Being a good person is actually important to me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57845 on: September 06, 2014, 11:15:51 pm »

You know I kind of realized that I am a big fat hypocrite in one way...

I am putting it in spoilers because it is racially charged, if you are just trying to enjoy your day don't look.

I think I really need to rethink my system of values. While I could easily just say that all these situations are different and would be right, the fact is that I didn't put a lot of thinking into them...

Being a good person is actually important to me.

Actually, I get pretty upset when they do change an already established character 'for the sake of diversity'.  Its the equivalent of  pandering to your audience, and it sends a message that diversity is a must (as in its utterly required and monotonous things cannot exist or be good/healthy).

When you are changing the character for reasons completely unrelated to plot/character development, its never a good thing.  Which is why a lot of new remakes upset me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57847 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:30 am »

Actually, I get pretty upset when they do change an already established character 'for the sake of diversity'.  Its the equivalent of  pandering to your audience, and it sends a message that diversity is a must (as in its utterly required and monotonous things cannot exist or be good/healthy).

There is nothing wrong with diversifying the cast. The show that did this better then most was Spectacular Spiderman who took the WHITEST COMIC BOOK CAST EVER!!! and actually added characters who weren't white and actually gave them some importance.

Though my issue is more my knee jerk reactions then my ability to logic it out. Why would making someone white, for example, not raise a flag? Logically SURE because no one is making a character white because it makes white people look good, but I can think of reasons why it would be done ignorantly.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 12:45:13 am by Neonivek »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #57848 on: September 07, 2014, 12:55:25 am »

The predominance of white male characters was also pandering, just to a different crowd.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57849 on: September 07, 2014, 01:02:50 am »

Remember when I said that I mixed pink lemonade and coffee and that it actually tasted okay? No? Good, because it would be weird if you did, but on a related note, has anyone here ever mixed hot chocolate and coffee? I don't know why I'm thinking about it all of a sudden, but it just sounds like it would either be really good or at the very least decent.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57850 on: September 07, 2014, 01:11:05 am »

To me, it was as good as you're making it sound.  I do it sometimes, but usually if I want something in my coffee, I put in something that is made to go in.  Hot chocolate is like a back-up plan for when I run out of normal stuff.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57851 on: September 07, 2014, 01:12:57 am »

The predominance of white male characters was also pandering, just to a different crowd.

Well... I don't think that is true. It is more that writers tend to write closer to home and most white people have a predominately white life and are often white themselves.

MIND YOU! there is a huge exception to that in what I like to call the "White person experiences something not white" genre like "The Last Samurai". When they add a white character because "White people can't handle not white people" it is clear pandering UNFORTUNATELY they are right... their lowest common denominator attitudes are actually pretty right in that respect for the most part.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:15:27 am by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57852 on: September 07, 2014, 01:35:09 am »

Of course some of it was.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:37:04 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57853 on: September 07, 2014, 02:05:05 am »

most white people are often white themselves.

<.< ... >.>

Anywho, I take this as another reason to determine gender, race, &c. of characters by rolling dice and flipping coins.

It doesn't make for interesting listening asking people to describe the physical appearance of characters from a book which doesn't do much in the way of that itself.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57854 on: September 07, 2014, 03:37:13 am »

Yay, white people and identity politics
Pages: 1 ... 3855 3856 [3857] 3858 3859 ... 11039