Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 [2919] 2920 2921 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428633 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43770 on: February 04, 2014, 11:51:33 pm »

For some reason the first thing that comes to mind from that is Sir Robin.
"And brave sir Robin defaulted his loan" "No!" "Bravely defaulted his loan, his loan..."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43771 on: February 04, 2014, 11:53:11 pm »

The odd thing is it's supposed to be one of the better RPG-type things to come out recently on... whatever system it's on. 3DS? I'unno. I don't think I liked its hook concept, but it's supposed to be pretty good.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #43772 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:39 am »

I said small chance, because its a JRPG and that means winning is likely to be heavily grinding-based.  So not my kind of thing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43773 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:23 am »

I had a telemarketer autodial me four times in a row once. I've had an autodialer call me with the same gibberish is Spanish or something daily for weeks. I'm happy to say that these haven't happened anytime recently but it soured my opinion of TMs.
I get a call daily from one of two numbers I don't recognize. I may never know what these people want because I never answer unrecognized numbers, and they never leave a message.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43774 on: February 05, 2014, 12:11:53 am »

I have daily phone calls from debt collectors on my cell phone, looking for the guy who had the number before me. (I also had a brief problem with his girlfriend refusing to believe that I wasn't him, until she called eight times in one night and my drunken friend answered the phone. He can be quite nasty.) Unfortunately, the callback number they leave doesn't work, so I can't put a stop to it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43775 on: February 05, 2014, 12:13:08 am »

I said small chance, because its a JRPG and that means winning is likely to be heavily grinding-based.  So not my kind of thing.
Eh, check a review. Seems like the answer is it's more knowledge based than grind based, but not having the former can lead to the latter (or the former can require the latter, in other words.).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43776 on: February 05, 2014, 12:21:06 am »

My brother used to waste thousands of dollars on sex chat lines (pinning them on me, of course. :I I'm a smart cookie, I use the free internet!)

This is related to the conversation at hand, because he's been gone for about a year, maybe 9 months, and we're STILL getting phone-calls from these chat-lines he called, begging us to resume spending dosh.

Let me tell you, it is MILDLY ENTERTAINING™ to wake up in the middle of the night to a phone call, only to hear fake moaning and solicitations re: your crotch.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43777 on: February 05, 2014, 12:50:45 am »

I saw an ad today for a JRPG looking game called "Bravely Default".  The WTF is one of two things:

No one who speaks English ever looked at the title and said, wait a sec, that is a bad title/makes no sense.

*or*

That's actually a good/sense making translation, in which case WTF is the game about?  The bravery of defaulting on loans?  An RPG with a character generation system where the default settings are both very difficult and the funnest way of playing the game?  A game that is proudly generic?  What?

For additional WTFery I clicked on the ad and it directed me to a server that spat out an error.  Also wikipedia says its turn based so there's a small chance I might actually buy it.
Its a 3ds game that has a significant demo on the 3ds store. Pretty good demo I'd say.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #43778 on: February 05, 2014, 01:03:39 am »

Eh, check a review. Seems like the answer is it's more knowledge based than grind based, but not having the former can lead to the latter (or the former can require the latter, in other words.).
It seemed kind of cool until I got to the part where it has a powerful in game resource that restores with either in-game time or real life money.  In a primarily single player game that costs money.  At that point I'm not buying it on principle.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43779 on: February 05, 2014, 01:20:31 am »

It's only February 4, and hay fever is already hitting me hard.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43780 on: February 05, 2014, 03:48:26 am »

Although, if I lose a leg, I could totally get an awesome prosthetic leg and be on my way to becoming a cyborg or something.  Why don't we have those yet?  Isn't this 2014?  Why couldn't someone have engineered a body full of artificial organs encasing the brain and some nerves already?
Because all doctors suck and have this outdated thing called "Ethics".
What's unethical about it?
Wait, no. I thought he was talking about vat-grown organs, not mechanical ones. Vat-grown ones need, AFAIK, stem cells, which come from proto poop-machines and noise-makers pre-natal infants. The only problem I can see with mechanical ones is that it might be difficult to get volunteers for clinical trials.

As long as the cells are harvested before the fetus develops a nervous system I don't have a problem with it. Before that it's just a clump of cells. It may be human, but it's not a person that can think or feel. Besides, they are working on several ways to get the cells without using fetal stem cells.

Mechanical organs-wise: behold - a man with a mechanical heart. Really, the I imagine most difficult part is getting the brain out and still being able to keep it alive/ forming connections with nerves.

Uh. Heart isn't normally controlled by the brain. It's a special snowflake in that the basic wiring to let it operate continuously is still there. That's why you can have a braindead person whose heart is still working, and the other organs will as well as long as the lungs are artificially ventilated.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43781 on: February 05, 2014, 08:44:23 am »

WTF of the moment: Out of the blue yesterday, two places have interest in possibly hiring me. They are 65 and 85 miles away from me. FUUUUUU---

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #43782 on: February 05, 2014, 08:57:56 am »

WTF of the moment: Out of the blue yesterday, two places have interest in possibly hiring me. They are 65 and 85 miles away from me. FUUUUUU---
I assume they're also in opposite directions, and want to interview you on the same day.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43783 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:54 am »

Nah, they're both in the same city, and no interviews have been set up. It's just weird, you know? I busted my butt and looked everywhere to find a full time job and/or IT job for quite a while, and got nothing. Now, I wear a blue shirt part time. And then, while I'm at work, on the same day, I get two calls: one for a full time job, and the other for an IT project (that I could presumably do on the side of my part time job.) O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #43784 on: February 05, 2014, 11:06:16 am »

Nah, they're both in the same city, and no interviews have been set up. It's just weird, you know? I busted my butt and looked everywhere to find a full time job and/or IT job for quite a while, and got nothing. Now, I wear a blue shirt part time. And then, while I'm at work, on the same day, I get two calls: one for a full time job, and the other for an IT project (that I could presumably do on the side of my part time job.) O_o

That's awesome dude! :)
Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 [2919] 2920 2921 ... 11039