Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2916 2917 [2918] 2919 2920 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14430315 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43755 on: February 04, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »

@Leo
I do not suggest doing anything like that, because you're only hurting the poor employees, not the telemarketing company itself.

If you were stuck in a horrible job just to pay the rent, would you want to get airhorned every day?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43756 on: February 04, 2014, 08:22:30 pm »

Yeah, i just hang up. Ain't their fault, they're just wage slaves tryin' to make it another day. You don't have to listen, but theres no need to be a prick.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43757 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »

This makes me glad I don't have a land-line.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43758 on: February 04, 2014, 08:25:33 pm »

My cousin used to work at a telemarketing firm once. He didn't stay long.

I don't have anything against messing with genuine scammers though.

I honestly once got a call from people at "the bank" asking for my card details so that they can make sure I actually had an account with them.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43759 on: February 04, 2014, 08:25:48 pm »

1: I'm actually really polite on the phone. The worst I do is when I try to talk but they're totally just blaring out their script I hang up.
2: Screw them. Telemarketers are hated, reviled, worse than bankers but not as bad as child molesters. You choose to be a telemarketer and along with that you get the social stigma, like a gravedigger. I don't have to be rude to them? Well they don't have to be rude to me. You call someone on the phone and you better be prepared to actually take part in a 2-way communication. If you call me just to blabber your stupid sales pitch that I never had any interest in, you get whatever you have coming through that phone line.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43760 on: February 04, 2014, 08:29:19 pm »

I happened across this in the comment section of a video on youtube. Sorta sweet, actually, in a strange way.

Midgets are just regular people who have been run through something like winzip, same contents in a smaller package. 

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43761 on: February 04, 2014, 08:31:42 pm »

*nevermind*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #43762 on: February 04, 2014, 08:33:00 pm »

I'd agree with Leo if not for the fact that you can just hang up.

Best for both parties really.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43763 on: February 04, 2014, 08:34:53 pm »

What's wrong with gravediggers? Someone's got to. Graves only dig themselves when the parachute fails.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43764 on: February 04, 2014, 08:35:24 pm »

I had a telemarketer autodial me four times in a row once. I've had an autodialer call me with the same gibberish is Spanish or something daily for weeks. I'm happy to say that these haven't happened anytime recently but it soured my opinion of TMs.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43765 on: February 04, 2014, 08:36:20 pm »

I happened across this in the comment section of a video on youtube. Sorta sweet, actually, in a strange way.

Midgets are just regular people who have been run through something like winzip, same contents in a smaller package. 
Hehe.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43766 on: February 04, 2014, 08:36:44 pm »

Short and sweet.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #43767 on: February 04, 2014, 11:39:44 pm »

I saw an ad today for a JRPG looking game called "Bravely Default".  The WTF is one of two things:

No one who speaks English ever looked at the title and said, wait a sec, that is a bad title/makes no sense.

*or*

That's actually a good/sense making translation, in which case WTF is the game about?  The bravery of defaulting on loans?  An RPG with a character generation system where the default settings are both very difficult and the funnest way of playing the game?  A game that is proudly generic?  What?

For additional WTFery I clicked on the ad and it directed me to a server that spat out an error.  Also wikipedia says its turn based so there's a small chance I might actually buy it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43768 on: February 04, 2014, 11:40:56 pm »

For some reason the first thing that comes to mind from that is Sir Robin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43769 on: February 04, 2014, 11:45:04 pm »

I saw an ad today for a JRPG looking game called "Bravely Default".  The WTF is one of two things:

No one who speaks English ever looked at the title and said, wait a sec, that is a bad title/makes no sense.

*or*

That's actually a good/sense making translation, in which case WTF is the game about?  The bravery of defaulting on loans?  An RPG with a character generation system where the default settings are both very difficult and the funnest way of playing the game?  A game that is proudly generic?  What?

For additional WTFery I clicked on the ad and it directed me to a server that spat out an error.  Also wikipedia says its turn based so there's a small chance I might actually buy it.
Those were basically my first thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 2916 2917 [2918] 2919 2920 ... 11039