Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2800 2801 [2802] 2803 2804 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442853 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42015 on: December 31, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »

Things I learned about Ancient Rome (via Cracked) today: three words: Trained Rape Giraffes.

Want to hear something worse? Jorge Videla had trained rape dogs less than thirty years ago.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42016 on: December 31, 2013, 03:25:34 pm »

Things I learned about Ancient Rome (via Cracked) today: three words: Trained Rape Giraffes.

Want to hear something worse? Jorge Videla had trained rape dogs less than thirty years ago.
One has to wonder how those animals were trained to being with... and if the 'trainers' agreed to it or not... Though... I guess that way lurks madness...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42017 on: December 31, 2013, 03:58:25 pm »

Unless he had weird hobbies in prison, it was a little more than 30 years ago actually; 1981 is when he left power.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #42018 on: December 31, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

One has to wonder how those animals were trained to being with... and if the 'trainers' agreed to it or not... Though... I guess that way lurks madness...

Pheromones, most likely.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42019 on: December 31, 2013, 07:51:48 pm »

Aw shucks, guys. They probably had prisoners to train the dogs upon.

Dunno how you train a giraffe to do anything, though.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42020 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »

... giraffe's a mammal. Most of those are pretty trainable regardless. Hell, most things, period, are pretty trainable given enough time and the proper methods. Sometimes even inanimate things, it's crazy. It's incredibly doable (often even downright simple, if not easy) to get things to repeat doing what you want them to repeat doing, all things considered.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #42021 on: December 31, 2013, 08:52:51 pm »

On the topic of Xantalos' dolphin relatives (spoilered for your convinience):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WE NOW GO LIVE TO THE SCENE WITH XANTALOS ON THE SUBJECT OF HIS DOLPHIN RELATIVES: WELL ARE THEY?

In other news, my computer now recognises Xantalos as a word and encourages it's use. You may have started a cult here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:58:15 pm by Octobomb »
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42022 on: December 31, 2013, 09:12:39 pm »

Started? It's been started for some time, hehehe.
And dolphins/whales are more 'approved-of beings' than family members. Though there were some pets we had a while back that we called the Liir. We had to let them go, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42023 on: December 31, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

Hang on a minute, I thought we killed the dolphins when we burnt the ocean to the ground. I call shenanigens.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42024 on: December 31, 2013, 09:19:06 pm »

I feel proud I get that reference. And then immediate doubt, as my formidable memory refuses to recall anything that isn't obscure as hell. I can remember specific characters and actions from books I read ten years ago, but ask me what the hell I did yesterday? Fuck if I know.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42025 on: December 31, 2013, 09:23:38 pm »

Hang on a minute, I thought we killed the dolphins when we burnt the ocean to the ground. I call shenanigens.
I don't know what fantasy world you're living in, LW, but out here in the real world we're taking the much longer, more torturous path of slowly turning the ocean into an unlivable acidic hell. What dolphins don't die of starvation or their desperate kin cannibalizing them will be slowly acid scoured to death from the inside out. And the outside in. At the same time.

Gotta' remember. Us humans? When we do extinction, we do it right.
Ask not!
Ask!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #42026 on: December 31, 2013, 09:30:35 pm »

I don't know what fantasy world you're living in, LW, but out here in the real world we're taking the much longer, more torturous path of slowly turning the ocean into an unlivable acidic hell.
Nah mate, life in general won't be killed off by us. It's the specifics that might go. Just look at Jellyfish, they love it!
All we need to do is develop immunities to deadly neurotoxin, learn how to breath underwater and survive under pressure and we can migrate into the oceans, now bereft of the dolphin menace.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #42027 on: December 31, 2013, 09:32:37 pm »

Started? It's been started for some time, hehehe.
And dolphins/whales are more 'approved-of beings' than family members. Though there were some pets we had a while back that we called the Liir. We had to let them go, though.
I knew there was a cult amongst regular beings. What this is is my computer becoming part of the cult by it's own accord.
I think your cult members should be called Xantalopians. It sounds right. The logical conclusion:

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY XANTALOPE!
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42028 on: December 31, 2013, 09:36:21 pm »

Brb getting registered as a religion in several major countries
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #42029 on: December 31, 2013, 09:40:14 pm »

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY XANTALOPE!
Someone needs to photoshop a jackalope with Xant's avatar now.

Not sure whether it'd be better to just put the antlers on it, or keep the jackalope outline and put Xant's current avatar, like, inside it. It'd still need the hat and monocle, of course.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 2800 2801 [2802] 2803 2804 ... 11040