Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2694 2695 [2696] 2697 2698 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14428747 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40425 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:30 am »

Stories like this remind me that maybe I'm not the hopeless socially awkward dweeb I think I am.

The story is so cringy it's almost surreal. It makes me lose the ability to can. It's almost Denko tier levels of cringe. I actually feel socially adept and perfectly normal and capable in comparison to the titular weaboo stalker of the story.
Dafuuuuuuuuuuck?

It honestly reminds me of my friend, although he's not NEARLY that bad. He's a 'weeaboo' as Reddit so eloquently put it, but he's not quite that fucking creepy about it. He's still narcissistic, blindly dogmatic to Japan, and insists on telling me about stupid anime shit I will never care about, but he's an amazing friend otherwise, so I try to be a good friend back.

What gets me about the story isn't that the wacky stalker girl is a weaboo, but they behave really really immaturely. They don't seem to realize it, or really care, or are just so completely deluded that they see nothing wrong with their behavior and believe it is ok because they saw it in TV and they just think like that.

I was like that when I was, I'unno, 7 or 8 or 9. I occasionally did some stupid kid stuff because I saw it on tv and thought that that was how to interact with real people and it would get the appropriate response like on TV. I did some goofy stuff for attention or to manipulate people to react like I wanted them to. I got out of that phase. This person does not seem to have gotten out of that phase, and the thought of it makes me cringe in sympathy for everyone involved.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40426 on: November 22, 2013, 12:34:59 am »

Had a strange encounter with someone today. She was talking to my RA but I'm fairly certain she doesn't live here. As I was passing by, she asked if I lived on this floor. Now, that put me extremely on edge immediately, because the last time I heard those words it was from the cops that detained me and moron-roommate last year. Not being sure if she was a university employee or something (she was talking to my RA, after all), I decided to answer.

Fortunately, she apparently just turned out to be some person, though she immediately followed up with a series of strange questions and compliment. How old was I, I seemed mature, she liked my coat, what was I doing, it's almost the weekend. Weird, weird people.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #40427 on: November 22, 2013, 12:51:37 am »

Oh, good, you're not in trouble with the police; you just have a stalker.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40428 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:09 am »

Oh, good, you're not in trouble with the police; you just have a stalker.
Sigged.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #40429 on: November 22, 2013, 06:06:40 am »

Had a strange encounter with someone today. She was talking to my RA but I'm fairly certain she doesn't live here. As I was passing by, she asked if I lived on this floor. Now, that put me extremely on edge immediately, because the last time I heard those words it was from the cops that detained me and moron-roommate last year. Not being sure if she was a university employee or something (she was talking to my RA, after all), I decided to answer.

Fortunately, she apparently just turned out to be some person, though she immediately followed up with a series of strange questions and compliment. How old was I, I seemed mature, she liked my coat, what was I doing, it's almost the weekend. Weird, weird people.

I don't think I recall the story of you having a run-in with the fuzz...recap?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40430 on: November 22, 2013, 06:49:24 am »

Well, Mitt Romney didn't cut Big Bird, so we're all good.

That sounds so wrong.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40432 on: November 22, 2013, 08:05:30 am »

For various reasons I have trouble being understood in English. Here's a perfect example of why I had trouble learning Chinese.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40433 on: November 22, 2013, 10:23:44 am »

I don't think I recall the story of you having a run-in with the fuzz...recap?
This was the beginning of last Autumn semester, in which moron-roommate decided it would be a good idea to smoke weed in the dorm room a day before classes started, even after having been explicitly told that it was a bad idea by everybody from our RA, to upperclassmen showing us around, and even to the members of the frats he wanted to join. There is no place worse to conduct such activity than a dorm room.

And, as luck would have it, I found my way back to the room (after angrily leaving earlier having discovered him doing this) just in time to be cornered by a cop. Suffice it to say that this scenario did nothing to improve my opinion of the police, which is nearly as low as it is possible to have an opinion of a group. Fortunately, I did not get arrested as I had not done anything or been foolish enough to stick around. Unfortunately, my roommate did not get arrested as he had no actual illegal materials on his person at the time of the confrontation.

After they left was the only time I have ever been so angry that my vision turned red and my sense of balance was thrown off. I exhausted myself just through sitting around, being angry, trying to determine a course of action that did not involve doing things I would later regret. It wasn't a good day.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40434 on: November 22, 2013, 10:30:30 am »

If you'd discovered him doing it, why not tell the police yourself? They'd have no grounds to arrest you that way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40435 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:38 am »

If you'd discovered him doing it, why not tell the police yourself? They'd have no grounds to arrest you that way.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH

You're kidding me, right? I'd be careful if I were you, that kind of naivete is a ticket straight to jail.

Don't talk to cops. The only exception is confirming your identity if they demand it.

Besides, I didn't like my roommate, but I also don't like cops, or cops rooting around in my possessions.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40436 on: November 22, 2013, 10:39:38 am »

well that's how it works in theory and normal countries and shit and i'm fairly sure that over here you would be able to do that without a care in thew orld but you'd bet stabbed ijn the face or something because people hate snitches yo but that's more based on that story of a drug dealer who supposedly went "well fuck this" walked over to the police handed over his drugs and nobody ever suspected him i don't know if he ratted out his suppliers though

people tend to have good reasons to distrust their authorities or at least nobody bothered telling them their reasons are bullshit

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40437 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:20 am »

The unfortunate side of the law is that helping the police is VERY risky in spite of the fact that many laws are in place to protect witnesses and disparage people from not telling.

It is why the general advice lawyers give anyone who is arrested, whether or not they did anything or know anything, is not to say anything to them. After all if they cannot find who did it, guess what? They at least know you were at the crime scene.

It oddly enough has the tendency to improve the Police's investigation because of the unreliability of eye witness testimony.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40438 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:32 am »

Eh, the lawyer advice is mostly because of the wording of the miranda stuff. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law". Last I checked, most anything a cop hears you say literally cannot be used to defend you in court, but it can be used as evidence against you. Plus they are legally allowed (and, indeed, encouraged in places) to outright lie to you to get you to say things that self-incriminate. So... you say absolutely as little as possible and get a lawyer up in, if it's at all a possibility.

S'just... by default, the police force is not on your side. At all. Ever. They are actively looking for the means to throw you (and basically everyone not-a-cop) in jail. So. Unless you've got good connections or some hella' blackmail. Never talk to the police. Especially never more than the absolutely necessary.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40439 on: November 22, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH

You're kidding me, right? I'd be careful if I were you, that kind of naivete is a ticket straight to jail.

Don't talk to cops. The only exception is confirming your identity if they demand it.

Besides, I didn't like my roommate, but I also don't like cops, or cops rooting around in my possessions.

This.

Eh, the lawyer advice is mostly because of the wording of the miranda stuff. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law". Last I checked, most anything a cop hears you say literally cannot be used to defend you in court, but it can be used as evidence against you. Plus they are legally allowed (and, indeed, encouraged in places) to outright lie to you to get you to say things that self-incriminate. So... you say absolutely as little as possible and get a lawyer up in, if it's at all a possibility.

S'just... by default, the police force is not on your side. At all. Ever. They are actively looking for the means to throw you (and basically everyone not-a-cop) in jail. So. Unless you've got good connections or some hella' blackmail. Never talk to the police. Especially never more than the absolutely necessary.

And all of this.

The cars say protect and serve, but that's like the cake. A big, fat, blatant fucking lie. Cops are there to arrest anyone and everyone they can, and bring them all up on charges. That's it. End of story.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 2694 2695 [2696] 2697 2698 ... 11039