Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2692 2693 [2694] 2695 2696 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431839 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40395 on: November 21, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »

On the Wikipedia article on pareidolia, there was an image of an aquarium that purportedly included something that looked like a face. I couldn't see it, so I decided to play "spot the face"... and wound up highlighting 20-some human faces, plus a "hippo bear" (directly right of the seaweed) and some kind of owl (now that I see it, it looks like there's another owlish thing right beneath it) on the left edge. I also think I see Jesus in a shadowed triangular rock on the left. Pareidolia in action.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40396 on: November 21, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »

Weird. I looked at the unedited image and found a lot of faces too, but none of them match any of those you found.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40397 on: November 21, 2013, 02:12:12 pm »

The hippo bear looks uncanningly like a panther.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #40398 on: November 21, 2013, 02:16:19 pm »

I like the bereted dude in lower right.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40399 on: November 21, 2013, 02:36:13 pm »

House I grew up in had the ceiling done in this "artsy" (for the time period) style where they swooped the brush in little circles with a thick glop of plaster to create these 3-D circular swirls all over the place.

Nothing says "fuck my life" than lying in bed at night staring up at a hundred or so little ripe fields of pareidoila. Every one looked like a face to me, and most of them were screaming.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40400 on: November 21, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »

... y'know, if I ever end up in a situation where I'm designing the paint job for a child's room. I'm going to remember that, RK. Maybe get a good artist in, someone that knows how to do visual illusions with paint. Kick it up a notch, cause some genuine psychological scarring.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #40401 on: November 21, 2013, 03:22:28 pm »

House I grew up in had the ceiling done in this "artsy" (for the time period) style where they swooped the brush in little circles with a thick glop of plaster to create these 3-D circular swirls all over the place.

Nothing says "fuck my life" than lying in bed at night staring up at a hundred or so little ripe fields of pareidoila. Every one looked like a face to me, and most of them were screaming.  :-[
Hm yes. And how did that make you feel?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40402 on: November 21, 2013, 03:47:06 pm »

... y'know, if I ever end up in a situation where I'm designing the paint job for a child's room. I'm going to remember that, RK. Maybe get a good artist in, someone that knows how to do visual illusions with paint. Kick it up a notch, cause some genuine psychological scarring.
Bonus points if you touch them up over time so they look more and more horrifying. Slow descent into insanity is almost guaranteed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #40403 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »

Had a witches' face like that, on the ceiling right above my bed. Staring at me while I pretended to sleep. If I looked away or closed my eyes, I could've sworn it moved.
My parents had to put a poster on it, and that was the end of the reign of the witch.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #40404 on: November 21, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »

I have two words for all of you… wood roof.

Every single roof in my parent's house is wood, and it's post&beam construction so they also all have wooden beams running through them. Knots everywhere. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40405 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »

So, for some reason I'v subscribed to EvE online. Again. I'm honestly not sure why.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40406 on: November 21, 2013, 05:09:24 pm »

So, for some reason I'v subscribed to EvE online. Again. I'm honestly not sure why.
I've heard eating money is also a good way to get rid of it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40407 on: November 21, 2013, 05:10:28 pm »

For the stories that occasionally sneak into the news?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40408 on: November 21, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »

Having never played E.V.E., I would imagine that Aurora is a nice alternative.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40409 on: November 21, 2013, 05:28:21 pm »

Not at all.

Playing EVE is like being a single soulless cog in a corporation. Playing Aurora is like being the hands-on boss of that corporation who micromanages too damned much.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2692 2693 [2694] 2695 2696 ... 11039