Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2693 2694 [2695] 2696 2697 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431894 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40410 on: November 21, 2013, 05:33:42 pm »

That "King and Lionheart" song which everyone was gushing over in the happy thread the other day is now stalking me. I want to avoid hearing it, but I can't. Everything from that one radio station to my father's Pandora channel to frickin' Bay12 now wants to get this song stuck in my head whether I like it or not.

I've noticed there's always something stalking me like that, as in "I want to get away from it but it keeps following me". In September it was furries. October, it was gray weather. November's apparently got "King and Lionheart".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40411 on: November 21, 2013, 05:41:26 pm »

So, for some reason I'v subscribed to EvE online. Again. I'm honestly not sure why.
I've heard eating money is also a good way to get rid of it.
This is my thinking with regards to Magic. Instead of buying trading cards, I'll simply eat better.[/missing the joke]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40412 on: November 21, 2013, 06:19:39 pm »

Spoiler: Huff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CNN (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jazeera (click to show/hide)

Despite anti-elitism tendencies, I am becoming increasingly convinced lately that more than Sturgeon's Law% of popular news media is sensationalist clickbait horseshit, and maybe even the unpopular news media, too.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40413 on: November 21, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »

Oh yeah. You never seem to get any follow up, either: you'll hear about all these terrible things happening and never how they were solved, or even if they were, before it's on to the new week's atrocities and celebrity messups.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40414 on: November 21, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »

In a somewhat similar vein. NatGeo is advertising Comet of the century. A show about one of the most awesome astronomical events of the year, the ISON comet passing trough the system. It's full of random stuff and the usual over excitedness. What really gets me tho is the image with which the trailer ends, that of a big ass rock impacting the Earth in a rather large explosion.

What the fuck does a comet passing near the Sun have anything to do with one impacting Earth. Seriously, I thought you guys were better than Discovery, turns out you are just as bad, stupid assholes, can't even have a decent Science program these days, can you.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40415 on: November 21, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »

I don't particularly mind sensationalizing it, so long as they get good pictures.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40416 on: November 21, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »

One thing is to sensationalize it by hyping up how awesome it is that a comet will be visible to the naked eye. A whole different thing is to imply there is a possibility of it impacting Earth (which as far as I know is as likely to happen as finding life on the Sun).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #40417 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:03 pm »

Rob Ford for PM? It's more likely than you think...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40418 on: November 21, 2013, 08:55:35 pm »

At least we still have PBS. I think. Do we?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40419 on: November 21, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

Well, Mitt Romney didn't cut Big Bird, so we're all good.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #40420 on: November 21, 2013, 10:42:13 pm »

Stories like this remind me that maybe I'm not the hopeless socially awkward dweeb I think I am.

The story is so cringy it's almost surreal. It makes me lose the ability to can. It's almost Denko tier levels of cringe. I actually feel socially adept and perfectly normal and capable in comparison to the titular weaboo stalker of the story.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40421 on: November 21, 2013, 11:00:06 pm »

Stories like this remind me that maybe I'm not the hopeless socially awkward dweeb I think I am.

The story is so cringy it's almost surreal. It makes me lose the ability to can. It's almost Denko tier levels of cringe. I actually feel socially adept and perfectly normal and capable in comparison to the titular weaboo stalker of the story.
This is both totally insane and frighteningly reminiscent of some people I know.
That "King and Lionheart" song which everyone was gushing over in the happy thread the other day is now stalking me. I want to avoid hearing it, but I can't. Everything from that one radio station to my father's Pandora channel to frickin' Bay12 now wants to get this song stuck in my head whether I like it or not.

I've noticed there's always something stalking me like that, as in "I want to get away from it but it keeps following me". In September it was furries. October, it was gray weather. November's apparently got "King and Lionheart".
I swear to God, the last few hours have reaffirmed my paranoia. Gray weather? We got a big ol' rainstorm starting around maybe seven. Check. "King and Lionheart"? Heard it on the radio twice in half an hour. It's not even that popular! Check. Furries? I found this one-in-a-million bit of weirdness on Reddit. Check. As the Romans say, dramatis fursonae*.

This last one, of course, qualifies for the thread on its own. It was so weird that it was hard for me to follow; I probably would have missed entirely what it was supposed to be about were it not for this summary. Gets even weirder - I think Twitch may be trying to edge onto my stalker list. My brother is now obsessed with it, Minecraft just added support for it, and now this.

*This would be "fursonas of the drama" (or "drama of the fursona") - a more suitable phrase would be dramatis fursonarum - drama of the fursonas. But that doesn't have the same pun value, or the right cadence.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40422 on: November 21, 2013, 11:32:20 pm »

Dafuuuuuuuuuuck?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40423 on: November 21, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »

Dafuuuuuuuuuuck?
My thoughts exactly. I actually felt pretty bad for everyone.

I'm glad I only saw a very brief glimpse of me at the beginning. I'm not sure I could live with myself if there was anymore.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40424 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:45 pm »

Dafuuuuuuuuuuck?

It honestly reminds me of my friend, although he's not NEARLY that bad. He's a 'weeaboo' as Reddit so eloquently put it, but he's not quite that fucking creepy about it. He's still narcissistic, blindly dogmatic to Japan, and insists on telling me about stupid anime shit I will never care about, but he's an amazing friend otherwise, so I try to be a good friend back.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 2693 2694 [2695] 2696 2697 ... 11039