Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479962 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32430 on: May 22, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »

Spoiler: snip (click to show/hide)

Strap lasers to their foreheads.
ive tried that with my sharks. unfortunately Austin Powers still got away.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #32431 on: May 22, 2013, 01:39:21 pm »

So I plugged this into Wolfram Alpha for my math homework (It's the answer, and I just wanted to simplify it while being too lazy to simplify by hand): 2 Sqrt[2/15] + 5 Sqrt[5/6] + 1/Sqrt[30]

I get, under "Alternate forms": Sqrt[30]

DO YOU SEE THIS, PEOPLE? THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32432 on: May 22, 2013, 01:39:27 pm »

UKIP doesn't come off as overtly racist to me. I don't even live in the same hemisphere as their constituency so I can't comment on the value of their policies but they seem to match up mostly with libertarian lines. Dislike of large centralized government, entitlement programs, open immigration, and political correctness. Promotion of bluntness, common language laws, and localized government.

"Like libertarians" isn't the best defense against an accusation of racism.

I mean, how do you justify being a libertarian against open immigration if not with racism? That's the government denying people their freedom to choose where to live. They put a lot of focus on that right because, along with localized government, it allows you to easily move elsewhere if your local government is failing you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32433 on: May 22, 2013, 01:41:08 pm »

So I plugged this into Wolfram Alpha for my math homework (It's the answer, and I just wanted to simplify it while being too lazy to simplify by hand): 2 Sqrt[2/15] + 5 Sqrt[5/6] + 1/Sqrt[30]

I get, under "Alternate forms": Sqrt[30]

DO YOU SEE THIS, PEOPLE? THIS IS WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE WORLD.

Nope. Not seeing it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32434 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »

I, too, am wondering what basic mathematics proves is wrong with the world? Redwarrior, your post is more of a WTF? for me than the equation.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #32435 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »

Looking back on it, it probably isn't too much and my reaction is certainly exaggerated.

And I guess part of it, that I forgot to put in my post, was that a quick calculation had my answer as Sqrt[30] but I wasn't certain and did the problem out and then got that mess and was like "Huh." and then put it in and was like "MIRACLES".

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32436 on: May 22, 2013, 02:47:06 pm »

Monday was another Drug Court session.

So, I've been doing (mostly) what they wanted me to do, so I wasn't exactly worried per se. I HAD made a misstep and missed the first day of a community service thing, but my PO said to just go to the second day.

Anyways, I'm sitting there, and I realized something odd. "Wow." I said to myself, "They're only calling people that are phasing up (getting restrictions loosened) or going to prison." Finally, the (as I soon found out) second to last person is called, and terminated (sent to prison.) He asks if he can give his wallet to his wife, and they allow him this. As he's walking over to give his wallet to his wife, I noticed something. "Huh," I says. "It's almost like the judge is looking at." I look again. "Weird, the judge is STARING right at me."
"Oh shit, the judge is fucking staring RIGHT AT ME."

Then, the judge waves up my PO (Two PO's in court at the time, so this wasn't unusual) and they have a brief but... Obviously intense conversation. Then, the judge calls... Me to the stand. I go up, shake his hand, and he looks at me, completely unreadable.
"Jacob... You..." OH GOD I'M GOING TO PRISON. "Are doing good." Then he talked to me some about what I can do better, then lets me go sit back down.

What happened there was, and I am 100% sure of this, is that they had previously decided to send me to prison. While I was sitting there, the judge thought of a couple things he'd been told when he first started this Drug Court (I know he did because he said it yesterday at the Graduation Ceremony for some other people.)

The first is: "When you're picking people for drug court, don't pick the people that are just in a bit of trouble, and can easily sail through the requirements. When you pick them, go find the most troublesome, most stressful individuals you can. The ones that make you go, "He's fucking hopeless, let's just send him upstate." THOSE are the ones you need in drug court."

And two: "The thing about drug addicts is that, under all these preconceived notions we have... "Drug addicts are violent. Drug addicts commit crimes. Drug addicts are bad people." There is a universal truth. "Drug addicts... Are PEOPLE." No one type of person is BAD, is IRREDEEEMABLE. Everyone makes mistakes and screws up, and it's far too easy to just send them to prison for it. Sometimes you have to forgive."

Oh, and at the Graduation, the CEO of the National Association for Drug Court Professionals (West Huddleston) is... A 25 years clean drug addict who was on Drug Court once. Mind = blown, for most of us drug court-ers.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32437 on: May 22, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »

Then, the judge waves up my PO (Two PO's in court at the time, so this wasn't unusual) and they have a brief but... Obviously intense conversation. Then, the judge calls... Me to the stand. I go up, shake his hand, and he looks at me, completely unreadable.
"Jacob... You..." OH GOD I'M GOING TO PRISON. "Are doing good." Then he talked to me some about what I can do better, then lets me go sit back down.

That must have been terrifying.  Glad it went your way.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32438 on: May 22, 2013, 03:28:49 pm »

UKIP doesn't come off as overtly racist to me. I don't even live in the same hemisphere as their constituency so I can't comment on the value of their policies but they seem to match up mostly with libertarian lines. Dislike of large centralized government, entitlement programs, open immigration, and political correctness. Promotion of bluntness, common language laws, and localized government.

"Like libertarians" isn't the best defense against an accusation of racism.

I mean, how do you justify being a libertarian against open immigration if not with racism? That's the government denying people their freedom to choose where to live. They put a lot of focus on that right because, along with localized government, it allows you to easily move elsewhere if your local government is failing you.

The immigration thing is the main part of party line that throws me off. Both because it doesn't mesh with the minimizing government interference and because it doesn't really make sense to me for pretty much the reason you stated.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32439 on: May 22, 2013, 03:43:20 pm »

Unchecked immigration is dangerous.  We don't know who is coming from where with what issues and concerns or even with what germs.

I certainly have a problem with allowing illegal immigration to continue, and feel that at the very least we should be striving to document them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32440 on: May 22, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »

I certainly have a problem with allowing illegal immigration to continue
So does the law. That's why it's illegal immigration.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32441 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:50 pm »

Fun fact, AP removed the term 'illegal immigrant' from their vocabulary about a month or so ago.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/04/02/ap-drops-illegal-immigrant-from-stylebook/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32442 on: May 22, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

But not "illegal immigration".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32443 on: May 22, 2013, 03:52:40 pm »

I'm seein' so many Bay12ers on the HS forums. So far, Putnam and Soadreqm. That's many. I still have yet to post due to having yet to figure out how to get this avatar on there.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #32444 on: May 22, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »

Spoiler: I can inventory good (click to show/hide)
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 2161 2162 [2163] 2164 2165 ... 11037