Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478032 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #32445 on: May 22, 2013, 03:59:15 pm »

Unchecked immigration is dangerous.  We don't know who is coming from where with what issues and concerns or even with what germs.

I certainly have a problem with allowing illegal immigration to continue, and feel that at the very least we should be striving to document them.

Are you saying this as a libertarian?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32446 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »

Well, I lean more socially conservative than many libertarians, but fiscally and otherwise we match about right.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32447 on: May 22, 2013, 04:17:08 pm »

So he's kind-of libertarian, but not in this instance.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #32448 on: May 22, 2013, 04:41:21 pm »

Spoiler: I can inventory good (click to show/hide)

Not quite sure I see what's odd about that. Or maybe my brain is just too fried to comprehend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32449 on: May 22, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »

The character is in the way of the inventory.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #32450 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »

I...am apparently too used to how goofy the Borderlands 2 inventory screen looks. I didn't even notice. It's the sort of thing where I just much with my view a bit to get my character out of the way without thinking about it, I guess.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32451 on: May 22, 2013, 05:10:37 pm »

Huh. I was looking more at the "Throwin gurnade".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32452 on: May 22, 2013, 05:13:31 pm »

The whole inventory deal with B2 is a big WTF. They go on how they're going to treat the PC crow right, make the interface a bliss for M&K users and whatnot.

The interface we got was worse than the one in the first Borderlands. Have they seriously not tested this shit by anyone to confirm it's not actually worse?

I mean, how can having to swtich constantly trough three skill branches to compare stuff be better than having them neatly on one plane? Sure you can do that too, but it disables any and all interaction with them, so what's the point of it ?!?!?

And the inventory itself. WHY IS A GRID SO HARD TO MAKE!?!?!?!?!?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32453 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:37 pm »

So our cat olive was lying on the porch, and as I walked by the front door she started stretching out and meowing, which is her signal that she wants me to come out and play with her, so I come out and rub her belly, since the two dogs are there with me I decide to let them out as well figuring I can watch them play on the grass while I'm at it. I'm rubbing this cat's belly for about thirty seconds before the dogs abruptly see someone walking by and decide to run off and chase them. Turns out to be a young woman of approximately my age who was on her way home after going out jogging, I apologise about the dogs running off to chase her (people tend to get scared when a dog runs at you barking, even though they're actually complete sweethearts and really just like to chase and bark at things rather than hurt them).

She says it's ok, and starts promptly chatting me up... I seriously thought the "your dog runs off and introduces you to someone new" thing was something that only ever happened in romantic comedies...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32454 on: May 22, 2013, 07:12:09 pm »

I seriously thought the "your dog runs off and introduces you to someone new" thing was something that only ever happened in romantic comedies...
Be on the lookout for deja vú.
Look for mysterious people clad in ridiculous amounts of leather and black sunglasses in broad daylight.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32455 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:54 pm »

I think my cat is running around outside chasing a dying bird. Or the other cat carrying the dying bird
Let me guess: Bird is hopping around, not quite able to fly?
-snip-
</EcologyMode>
I honestly don't appreciate being lectured about any supposed wrongdoings of mine in allowing pets to remain outside whenever they please. Honestly, that felt kind of rude and condescending to me.

Sorry if that came across as condescending, rude, or judgmental of you; none of those were my intention. I was just sharing information about a problem you probably didn't know existed. On behalf of the DNR, I've done medical care and rehabilitation for a few hundred federally-protected songbirds, who came into the Bird Center with cat injuries over the last few years. Sucks to watch young adult birds die of infection despite medication and treatment, or having to euthanize birds after personally working with them for months... especially over something that's so easy for cat owners to remedy.

In all seriousness, many bird species are moving toward extinction, simply due to cat predation in the springtime. Feral cats who have to hunt to survive are one story, but with domestic cats who get all the food and water they need from their owners, it's really heartbreaking to see the results of unnecessary predation. Especially when it's so easy to prevent.

Anyway, in my off time, my job is to educate folks in my community about wildlife conservation. It'd be hypocritical of me to not say anything about it here. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32456 on: May 22, 2013, 07:55:43 pm »

Wait really? Soli was just recommending that a cat be kept inside to help minimize potential damage, and suddenly it is a lecture about wrong doings?
Honestly, cats are descendant from predatory animals. They can and will kill wildlife. Deciding that it is ok for your cat to just roam about as it likes is similar to letting your kids play with matches as they like.

Growing up, my mother kept a large aviary of birds, and every now and then we would find one with its head torn off or something of that nature. We assumed it was a feral cat reaching in. We were only half right, turns out it was a domestic cat who would spend its days watching the cage waiting for a bird to get close. So we caught the cat and returned it to their owner and explained what had been happening for some time, and they promised to do a better job making sure this cat didn't butcher our birds. Next day we found the cat waiting by the cage again. Do you know how it feels to see your mother crying after loosing a lutino princess parrot because somebody was to lazy to look after their cat?

Too many fucking irresponsible cat owners in the words who don't realize just how much damage their precious cats do.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #32457 on: May 22, 2013, 08:15:55 pm »

Guys. I have a solution for the cat issue.

...Space.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32458 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:17 pm »

Want to play Katamari on your PC? OK...
http://kathack.com/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32459 on: May 22, 2013, 08:35:04 pm »

The housecats around here (with lazy/irresponsible owners) tend to leave headless rabbits and birds all over the place. They obviously aren't hungry, given that the corpses are untouched (apart from being headless, of course), they're just hunting because they enjoy killing. That aside, letting a cat outside if you live in a city is painfully irresponsible, given the myriad of ways in which they can be killed. So yeah, it's not only easy to keep your cat inside, but also prevents them from being run over (or killed by schoolchildren, killed by dogs, etc. etc.). I've had precisely one "outside" cat out of seven, and she was only such because she was feral when she came to us. We still kept her inside once she was old enough that she was having trouble killing the neighborhood rats and had a run-in with some dogs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 2162 2163 [2164] 2165 2166 ... 11037