Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1835 1836 [1837] 1838 1839 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485493 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27540 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:24 pm »

Ultimately it is why "Water poisoning" is an actual term.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27541 on: February 19, 2013, 07:47:46 pm »

but drinking distilled water will kill you faster than drinking drinking water,
both can kill you though.
to die from drinking water, you have to drink a lot of it all at once,
but to die from distilled water, it has to be the only thing you drink for a while.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27542 on: February 19, 2013, 07:50:38 pm »

but to die from distilled water, it has to be the only thing you drink for a while.

Unless you gulp down salt at the same time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27543 on: February 19, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »

Slightly faster, and the amount it requires means that you would need to drink only distilled water for several days and consume minimal salt, if any. Nobody lives like that! We all have salt in the foods we eat! Even healthy foods have a salt content, and why not? It is vital for human life, so it makes sense that healthy food would have some salt. Point is that you don't need to get your salts from water, so distilled won't kill you if you are having a good lunch.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27544 on: February 19, 2013, 07:55:40 pm »

Are we seriously arguing with someone that ascribed to the 'Flouride is poison' theory? I mean seriously. If it was poisonous in the quantities used, the government would have discontinued the application of flouride. The government has NOT A THING to gain from you dying. They need you alive to pay taxes on everything you do.

Note: I just went through this and deleted three arbitrarily used cursewords. Ten points for Hufflepuff!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27545 on: February 19, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »

Are we seriously arguing with someone that ascribed to the 'Flouride is poison' theory? I mean seriously. If it was poisonous in the quantities used, the government would have discontinued the application of flouride. The government has NOT A THING to gain from you dying. They need you alive to pay taxes on everything you do.

Note: I just went through this and deleted three arbitrarily used cursewords. Ten points for Hufflepuff!

The idea is more that Flouride is a more subtle and hurts you over long periods of time.

One of the reasons why it is often used in the quantities it is used by is because dumping flouride into our drinking water saves a LOT of money.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27546 on: February 19, 2013, 07:57:09 pm »

Pfft, who wants to be Hufflepuff.
Actually, who would want to be in any house besides Ravenclaw or maybe Slytherin.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27547 on: February 19, 2013, 07:58:00 pm »

Actually, who would want to be in any house besides Ravenclaw or maybe Slytherin.

Slytherin is for pretty boys and thugs. o.O
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27548 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:16 pm »

There's the cunning/plotting ones. They're okay-ish. But they still have to be associated with aforementioned thugs so it's probably not worth it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27549 on: February 19, 2013, 07:59:57 pm »

Why not? If you don't tell people when they are wrong, they will just keep on being wrong, buying bottled water at a higher price than refined fuel.

I thought a prerequisite for being on bay12 was being in Ravenclaw. Everybody else somehow finds Dwarf Fortress too hard.  ???
All you need to do is build a wall and the bad things stay away. Not that hard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27550 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:07 pm »

Honestly I think the author dropped the ball on the houses in some ways but I understanding it.

To be truthful Graknorke in another series Hufflepuff would be the hero. if I remember correctly the Hufflepuffs are the hardworkers, they are people who dip their hands in are not abashed by a little hard work.

An example of a non-petty work Hufflepuff would be just about ANY Olympic Athlete.

Slitherine are people who know when to bend the rules to do what is right. They are the rebels, adventurers, and heros. A Slitherine would be the first one to step up in the face of tyranny.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:02:05 pm by Neonivek »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27551 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:53 pm »

I say we make our own House. Let's call it... Gregory. We can all have crippling addictions, lifelong injuries, and a snarky attitude masking deep, flawed genius.
He's fucking with us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27552 on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:50 pm »

Though apparently along with hard work I think it's mentioned they were also used for miscellanea in this bit about Hogwarts history somewhere. But yeah you have a good point there Neo.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27553 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »

I thought Hufflepuff was just 'Well you don't have great natural talent, you're not going to stab people in the back to further your career, and you're not going to die in a stupid and heroic scene. HUFFLEPUFF!!!!'

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27554 on: February 19, 2013, 08:02:45 pm »

There's the cunning/plotting ones. They're okay-ish. But they still have to be associated with aforementioned thugs so it's probably not worth it.
What cunning plots? The only Slytherin plot we see that was half-way successful was still figured out and defeated.

But yeah, I'd go for being in Ravenclaw.

F'ING NINJAS.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1835 1836 [1837] 1838 1839 ... 11037