Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485506 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27510 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:07 pm »

You should have been more specific and said that link was 4chan related. Now I need to purge my computer and my brain.
Well of course it was 4chan related. Thats the /tg/ archive site.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27511 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27512 on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:33 pm »

I just had something easily go my way...

that isn't how the world works in Neonivek land >_<

So something TERRIBLE is going to happen. So everyone be careful where you step.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27513 on: February 19, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »

I had a friend once compliment the taste of the tapwater in my town.
It was weird. But apparently some tapwater tastes a bit rubbish.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #27514 on: February 19, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »

I prefer water dispensed from fridges. Tastes purer for some reason. But normally at home I drink milk.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27515 on: February 19, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

I had a friend once compliment the taste of the tapwater in my town.
It was weird. But apparently some tapwater tastes a bit rubbish.
Repeating: Tap water in two different places (one city, one town) down here in florida have made me sick. Back home, water straight from the tap was just kinda' nasty. Drinkable, but unpleasant. More bearable if near-frozen or boiled, but room temp was just... ugh. Could also see stuff floating in it so yeaah.

Incidentally, the water management guy in my hometown's a fellow that managed to get caught drug dealing on the job and somehow not get thrown in jail for it or lose his job. Hurray for corruption (don't drink the fucking water unless boiled or filtered).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27516 on: February 19, 2013, 05:55:17 pm »

So I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about this, so I'll just post it here. Apparently, since my Grandma died, now my Uncle in Las Vegas needs help packing and moving, so has called upon me personally as I'm the only person in the family with no job and no life, while still being physically capable. He just needs me there to help him pack his U-Haul, and accompany him home. I'm not sure if I'll be needing to drive the U-Haul, but I'll need a quick crash course in large truck driving if that turns out to the case.

I still need to get the details sorted out like which airline is going to take me there and when, and how he's gonna get me the ticket, and which road we're gonna drive back and when, and how long that will take. Supposedly the bill for the entire trip will be on him, but I really need to get that sorted. I kinda like this though, it's an excuse to get me out of the house and it's an adventure of sorts. I'm not sure how safe the journey will be, but I'm less and less inclined to care with each passing day.

EDIT: TO place things into perspective, I live in Michigan. That's a fucking road trip right there.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:11:12 pm by JoshuaFH »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27517 on: February 19, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »

My advice is to enjoy it as a vacation, especially if there's a prospect of getting paid in addition to having airfare covered. I once had to fly several states to pick up a vehicle left behind by a deceased relative, and ended up driving it all the way home. Got to enjoy some fine country cooking and see some very nice scenery on the trip home.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27518 on: February 19, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »

Your uncle would call you up for such a thing?
I don't think mine would if he needed help in some way. I don't think my own father would call me. I wouldn't really call any relatives myself, opting to find another solution.

I wonder if my family is more distant than others. Never really thought about it before.
Can't remember when I last spoke to my older sister.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27519 on: February 19, 2013, 06:44:25 pm »

Adding my two cents a bit late, but I actually can't stand purified water. It doesn't have that tap-water taste.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27520 on: February 19, 2013, 06:51:23 pm »

I don't understand how drinking flavorlessness can be so unpleasant, but creature comforts have never been important to me.

I find Mio works pretty well, though, when I want something flavored.  Otherwise I drink almost nothing but coffee (now decaf) and water.

Because Water isn't flavorless. People just consider it flavorless because of how they define things.

In fact water tastes bad... officially.

All water taste differently,
some water is very expensive, some water isn't,
Distilled water is rather flavorless, but that water isn't meant to be drank,
Drinking water is distilled water with things added back into it, which control how it tastes.
so some water will taste good, some water tastes bad, but it all tastes like water.
Tap water is the worst, you should never drink the tap water somewhere you don't live, but even then you shouldn't drink your own tap water either.
and by drinking the tap somewhere you don't live, I mean, if you go to another state, or another country, don't drink their tap, but it's somewhat ok to drink the tap from your state if you've lived there for a while, because your body is somewhat used to that water.  But tap water can make you really sick if you aren't used to your areas tap.

(drinking distilled water isn't really *bad* for you, but if it's all you drink, you can die from it)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27521 on: February 19, 2013, 06:53:11 pm »

What country do you live in Valid?
In Australia, not only is drinking tap water safe, but more healthy than bottled water because of the added fluoride. Makes it good for your teeth.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27522 on: February 19, 2013, 06:56:24 pm »

The hell?
The Soviets invaded with a raw conscript army that had no real concept of fighting in the winter, led by generals who's only military virtues were looking good in the uniform and being considered less likely to overthrow Stalin; while Finland opposed them with a brilliantly led force of professionals augmented by volunteers defending their own homes. The only thing really surprising about the results was that the Soviets actually won the war. (Finland later allied with Hitler to regain independence, then jumped ship to the Allies as soon as they were able to.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27523 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:14 pm »

In Australia, not only is drinking tap water safe, but more healthy than bottled water because of the added fluoride. Makes it good for your teeth.

America
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27524 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:38 pm »

It's also completely safe in the US, and probably every other country that a member of this forum is likely to inhabit.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 1833 1834 [1835] 1836 1837 ... 11037